Mercury.Com: 2013-05-23 05:25:16 am
Mercury.Com: 2013-04-28 01:55:50 am
Mercury.Com: 2013-04-25 01:55:29 pm
Mercury.Com: 2013-04-09 12:58:14 pm
Mercury.Com: 2013-04-08 01:47:25 pm
Mercury.Com: 2013-04-08 01:46:55 pm
Mercury.Com: 2013-04-08 01:40:55 pm
Sea of Green
Things are a little different for those of you who want to provide prizes for this year's Summer Games Done Quick. Please read this post carefully!

- You can make or buy prizes. This marathon, we'd like to discourage digital copies of games, unless they are worth over $20. I will once again be maintaining the list, organized by game and also by prize donor. Check the schedule to see games that will be run. Please note the Bonus tab on the bottom as well--bonus games are very likely to be donated in and having prizes for them would be a plus. Thanks in advance to everyone who supplies prizes!

- Whether you are attending or not, we ask that you please keep your prizes until after the marathon. Things are getting so big now that trying to mail all the prizes from one central location (and usually only by Mike Uyama himself) takes far too long. You will be responsible for shipping out your prize(s) to the winners--you will be emailed along with the winners after the marathon. SAVE YOUR SHIPPING RECEIPTS because you will be reimbursed for your shipping costs!

- Due to having the prizes off site, it is vital that you provide pictures! I will link the pictures to the descriptions in the donation tracker. The only things that don't require pictures as urgently are games, but we'd still prefer to have a picture if possible.

- Now that you've read all that: to submit a prize, please fill in this form. I will update the first post with prizes that have been accepted. If there is a problem with your submission, I will PM you on the forum for questions/updates.

If you want to post in this thread with prize ideas, talking about which prizes you'll make before having them finished (i.e., without a photo), that is fine, but I will only update the first post and tracker with prizes submitted through the form.

Prizes by Game - Alphabetical

Grystor:
- Mega Man 2's 8 Robot Masters perler set, about 6" x 6" each (picture 2)

mikwuyma:
- Amaterasu perler

Mecha Richter:
- Grandpappy Plok perler

Sir VG:
- Copy of Resident Evil Archives for the Nintendo Wii. Comes with box, manual, and disc (used).
- Copy of Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles for Wii. Used. Comes with box and game, no instruction manual (used).
- Copy of Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles for Wii. Comes with box and game, no instruction manual.

hagspam:
- Freudia plushie

Mecha Richter:
- Krang from TMNT3 perler

mikwuyma:
- Wario plushie

Prizes by Donor
- 25(!) Mini Emboar figurines (about 2-3" tall) - Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen

- Mega Man 2's 8 Robot Masters perler set, about 6" x 6" each (picture 2) - Mega Man block
- Baby Moses perler - bad games block

- Freudia plushie - Rosenkreuzstilette

- Krang from TMNT3 perler - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles block
- Grandpappy Plok perler - Plok

- Batman hanging perler - Batman block
- Amaterasu perler - Okami
- Glow-in-the-dark Boo perlers - Super Mario World
- Bowser plushie - Super Mario 64 - Super Mario Sunshine
- Set of Mario 1, 2, and 3 items and enemies perlers - Super Mario 64 - Super Mario Sunshine
- Hammer Bro figurine - Super Mario 64 - Super Mario Sunshine
- Set of Zelda perlers including Link, Zelda, items, and enemies - Zelda 1 & 2
- Sonic 3 Mecha Sonic perler - Sonic the Hedgehog - Sonic Adventure DX
- Sonic Colors figurine with wisps - Sonic the Hedgehog - Sonic Adventure DX
- 2 "The 151" T-shirts by Kari Fry (sizes: blue XL, red 2XL) - Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen
- Legend of Zelda playing cards designed by Nelde - Zelda: Twilight Princess
- Wario plushie - Wario World

- Copy of Resident Evil Archives for the Nintendo Wii. Comes with box, manual, and disc (used). - Resident Evil: Code Veronica X
- Copy of Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles for Wii. Used. Comes with box and game, no instruction manual (used). - Resident Evil: Code Veronica X
- Copy of Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles for Wii. Comes with box and game, no instruction manual. - Resident Evil: Code Veronica X

- Varia Suit Samus perler - Super Metroid
Thread title:  
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2013-04-08 01:48:01 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Quote from Mercury.Com:
- Whether you are attending or not, we ask that you please keep your prizes until after the marathon. Things are getting so big now that trying to mail all the prizes from one central location (and usually only by Mike Uyama himself) takes far too long. .

If people want to know how long, I'm still shipping AGDQ prizes. There are over twice as many prizes AGDQ 2013 as there were 2012. If the prizes remained the same I would have been done by mid-February.

In other words, there's no way I can continue to ship prizes on my own.
Fucking Weeaboo
I'm planning on building this chest for the 3D Zelda games (probably would be fine for both Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess). It doesn't appear to be hard and I do have a place in town where I can get the wood cut at. I've got a full set of instructions so it'll be a matter of getting it done. And with the weather getting warmer, I shouldn't have a problem doing it. I don't have a value of it yet, but I'll figure that out as I go along. Shipping it will be fun though. Too bad I won't be able to show it off in person though, but I'll put a recording on Youtube when I'm done with it, I guess.

My other prize offering is being submitted via the form. Yes it's a digital game bundle, but it's $130 worth, times two. I think that should peak some people's interest (hell, one of the games in the bundle by itself if you bought it now with all it contains [All DLC], it's $50.) I put down the game (mine) because it's one I've touted a lot on my Twitter, so that's why I ask it be strictly during my game.
Highly Evolved
My mom has told me she's interested in making a more elaborate stain glass prize for the marathon.  Problem is, I don't know what would make a good stain glass prize.  I'm open to suggestions.
Not a walrus
First thing that springs to mind is something from Crystalis, but that's dependent on Dragondarch being able to make it and I can't actually think of a good iconic item from that game.
dat jerk
Hopefully I will be able to finish that MegaMan 9 cross-stitch I've been working on for this marathon.

Here is what I have done so far: http://i.imgur.com/mEn92l3.jpg
Final Fantasy VII Fanatic
Quote from Augora:
Hopefully I will be able to finish that MegaMan 9 cross-stitch I've been working on for this marathon.

That's looking really good so far, looking forward to the final product!
I'm really appreciative of this idea, especially with reimbursing for shipping costs. I honestly felt a little down about how much I paid after I shipped a prize at AGDQ, so I'm willing to work on prizes (which will probably mainly be perlers).

Quick question about the form though: one form per prize?
Edit history:
puwexil: 2013-04-09 10:33:08 am
Professional Second Banana
Quote from UraniumAnchor:
First thing that springs to mind is something from Crystalis, but that's dependent on Dragondarch being able to make it and I can't actually think of a good iconic item from that game.

We could definitely have some fun with The End Day (for anyone unfortunately enough to have never played Crystalis, in the game's backstory the world ended on the futuristic date of October 1st, 1997), though nothing prize-able immediately springs to mind.  There's also the slime enemy (mostly memorable because it's also in Athena) that could be perler'd, plushie'd, or fanart'd.
Sea of Green
Quote from doicm:
Quick question about the form though: one form per prize?

Yes, one form per prize, unless it's a prize package (like a set of perlers for a game).
Edit history:
Brossentia: 2013-04-11 11:33:30 am
No pain, no gain
Hey, guys! I actually plan on contributing some prizes this time! Yeah, I'll go through the form and stuff, but I'm a bit curious--I have a friend here who either wants to design a poster or a shirt. She's good--the flagship of the graphic design department at my university--but I'm wondering if she did a shirt design how she'd get in contact with whoever runs that. Also, the sooner I let her know that she can do one or the other, the better.

Also... anyone wanna make a Baby Moses perler?

...I'd find a sprite if you need one. By the way, if you google image search "bible adventures baby moses," some pictures from my channels pop up. It's kinda spooky.
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from Augora:

That looks like it's gonna be AMAZING. But damn that also look so time consuming. The project I did for AGDQ 2013 took forever and probably hand a tiny fraction of the stitch count of what your project looks to have.
dat jerk
Quote from Sir VG:
That looks like it's gonna be AMAZING. But damn that also look so time consuming. The project I did for AGDQ 2013 took forever and probably hand a tiny fraction of the stitch count of what your project looks to have.

Oh yes it is! I have had so many mistakes when I was one square off and it screwed up everything and I had to start all over. But I'm hoping to finish this before June. I'll have all of May to do this since I'll have no classes.
I am also planning some prizes for this as well. =)  And I totally understand why you guys chose to do it this way.
Edit history:
Youkai: 2013-04-14 07:57:41 pm
Don't know what to speedrun :(
I'm hoping/planning on donating this as a prize for SGDQ: https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/metroid_arm_cannon__build_thread.html

Should I submit it now or wait until it's done?

EDIT: Never mind. Noticed in the form pictures are required so I'll wait till it's done. Smiley Hopefully I can have it done in a month or so.
Quote from Brossentia:
Also... anyone wanna make a Baby Moses perler?

...I'd find a sprite if you need one. By the way, if you google image search "bible adventures baby moses," some pictures from my channels pop up. It's kinda spooky.

I just started making perlers recently, and I don't have too, too much practice (All the perlers I've made: http://imgur.com/a/8hN2Y) but I'd be more than willing to make perlers as long as they're not too big. Limited workspace and whatnot.
Quote from Ryxos:
I just started making perlers recently, and I don't have too, too much practice (All the perlers I've made: http://imgur.com/a/8hN2Y) but I'd be more than willing to make perlers as long as they're not too big. Limited workspace and whatnot.

\o/
Haters gonna hate
I have a few perlers in mind. I won't be making as much as I did for previous marathons due to limited time, but I have some nice ones planned.
I plan to donate some Famicom/Super Famicom stuff. I'll wait until the games list is finalized (or close to) to post a list, since I'd like them to be relevant/games people actually want to play in Japanese.
waifus are laifu
I'll be picking out a few games from the list and making prints for them. I'll have to check on pricing, but they might even be framed or one might be a "canvas print" Might also knit or crochet something, but I'll have to see how much time I've got free.
Fucking Weeaboo
Added 3 new games via form: Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles, Umbrella Chronicles, and Archives. Should be great additions to the marathon. Smiley
I feel almost morally obligated to do something, this time, since I never finished the MGS3 picture that I'd intended to do for AGDQ. I've already started work on an illustration for Castlevania 64, so I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't get cut. I know I may be jumping the gun a bit but meh...it's in my nature.
I would like to donate some more perlers this year, I will look through the list see what looks good Cheesy
(user is banned)
Edit history:
DecafGrub47393: 2013-04-25 11:49:11 am
DecafGrub47393: 2013-04-23 08:04:26 pm
I'm working on increasing donor turnout by putting prizes for lots of games, including retail copies and perlers.
Edit history:
Wheels: 2013-04-23 09:51:55 pm
I'm the keeper of Time.
I've been thinking about getting a big Brutal Legend pack and perhaps offering the prizes out separately. There are 7 or 8 items in the whole set. http://shop.doublefine.com/collections/game-brutal-legend/products/brutal-legend-uber-pack