--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Rakuen: 2013-07-30 07:28:52 pm
Rakuen: 2013-07-30 07:28:27 pm
Weegee Time
I had my main box sitting in the Quakenet chat all marathon long, so now I'm here to provide you with chatlogs!  Things to know about it:
  • These contain text from 8 AM Thursday to 8 AM Tuesday, CDT (GMT -5)
  • The logs are also timestamped in CDT
  • My timestamp format is HH:mm:ss
  • Kicks, bans, and topic changes are shown
  • All other events are hidden
I don't believe it ever disconnected, because it never switched to the backup nickname.  But, if you find something missing, please let me know and provide it if you've got it.  I may also provide the bonus stream chat if my box stays on until the end.

Well, happy reading, and please share some of your favorite moments! Smiley
Thread title:  
Edit history:
FieryBlizzard: 2013-07-30 08:37:14 pm
Here's the twitch chat logs if anybody really wants them. All times are in EDT (HH:MM:SS). There are about 10,000 more Kappas than FrankerZs. The July 30th log ends at 10pm EDT.
Edit history:
Worn_Traveler: 2013-07-30 09:25:34 pm
Worn_Traveler: 2013-07-30 09:24:37 pm
Formerly known as Skullboy
Thanks for providing those. I was hoping to take a look at them because I found myself banned for no apparent reason from Quakenet on Friday and Saturday. I'm not mad or anything, just curious. In each case, this appeared: "mike89 sets mode: +b *!*webchat@*.neo.res.rr.com" and then whatever I typed couldn't go through. I refreshed the page and couldn't get back in due to being banned. Does Mike89 have something against Road Runner customers in Northeast Ohio? It was probably an error on my end. Just wondering what happened. I was using a different handle on Saturday so you won't find Skullboy in there.
Quote from FieryBlizzard:
Here's the twitch chat logs if anybody really wants them. All times are in EDT (HH:MM:SS). There are about 10,000 more Kappas than FrankerZs. The July 30th log ends at 10pm EDT.

Strange, I tried searching for my username, and the only thing that came up was in the July 25th log when I subscribed.
Quote from Forstride:

Strange, I tried searching for my username, and the only thing that came up was in the July 25th log when I subscribed.

That's odd. There's nothing on my end that would prevent your messages from showing up. I can't imagine twitch actually separating the chat into multiple networks for one channel. Well, actually I can, but I don't think that's done.
Quote from Forstride:

Did you check to see if you are banned from speeddemosarchivesda chat or not? (Twitch bans are hellban style, there's no notification your message did not go through, but it didn't - verifiable by opening the chat in two tabs)
I just tested that out, and the message didn't show in the other tab, so apparently I was banned?  Not sure why, but wouldn't there still be a message before the ban happened?
Konkey Dong
So much picnic. @_@
Balls jerky
Turned subs mode on as a joke because a bunch of people were literally asking for it. To be fair it was put to a vote and sub mode actually won. There were other YES in chat, but I'm not sure if's related to the run or not since there's also a bunch of NICE and Kreygasm as well, but subs won without those regardless. Scumbag dballin only tried to listen to what the people wanted. Wink

[19:39] <@captaincyndaquil> How many want sub only?
[19:39] <keirnoth> NOBODY
[19:39] <vileasassin> No
[19:39] <pielord640> noo
[19:39] <piehead812> no
[19:39] <regike> sub only please
[19:39] <jaskamof> Just go sub only...
[19:39] <nevus64> i would sub if subonly
[19:39] <plataknown> *** SUBCHAT
[19:39] <hiroruby> sub only this trash
[19:39] <lathyra> sub only pls
[19:39] <cyanide22> SUB ONLY THIS IS NOT NORTH KOREA
[19:39] <michael004> Sub only doesn't sound too bad.
[19:39] <akoro18> SUB ONLY PLZ
[19:39] <ballsmcdick> sub only would be a prty good way to filter things, speaking as a non-sub
[19:39] <dwyvar> Sub only would be nice
[19:39] <au_relius> sub only would lose views
[19:39] <andrehunter1> sub only please mods
This room is now in subscribers-only mode.
[19:40] <@dballin> by popular request Kappa
*insert lots of people subbing here*

Subs gets turned off and as expected:

[19:46] <kemstaa> *** YOU DBALLIN LITERALLY WORSE THAN HITLER
[19:46] <cyanide22> *** dballin
[19:47] <spikey4000> your name is literally David Balls  [I know. I guess it's an insult?]
[19:47] <kemstaa> Dballin literally worst mod

Everybody's favorite twitch cop shows up and see the crazy spam from subs mode being turned off so it's back on again.

[19:48] <@allypichu> Alright, that does it.
[19:48] <@allypichu> I'm keeping this on for a bit.

Not really though!

[19:48] <@dballin> you're free again

And then look what happens.

[19:49] <eastnewsound> Dballin <3
[19:49] <spikey4000> based balls
[19:50] <vic_boss_> BASED DBALLIN. SAVIOUR OF THE COMMON FOLK! BibleThump

I love you twitch chat. Never change. These people are probably joking, but hey I'll take it. It made me laugh.

Sorry to all the mad people who left some of the most vile shit ever typed in my inbox. After this, every time I typed /subscribers it ended with off to free the masses even if I got the blame/hate for enslaving them in the first place. Plus, the mad people probably not gonna read this anyway and I'm not allowed to have fun (or even watch half the marathon as it turned out). MUH CHAT EXPERIENCE BibleThump etc. I didn't watch any of the Super Metroid run trying to fight that war and eventually somebody else just threw it on subs, but we let the people have their D e e R F o r C e because we didn't actually hate hype. I was SUPER salty about missing the run, however. Admitted. It sounded like it went incredibly well. No patience left:

[00:11] <@dballin> yo people PMing me complaining: I don't care

Shoutouts to iateyourpie: The true savior of the common folk. We can hug out our differences if we both make it to AGDQ ok?

If any admin type people think this post is less than desirable, I guess I'd understand. I don't want to start any fights.
Fucking Weeaboo
dballin, worst poster ever. <3

I'll admit, I spent virtually zero time in either chat. I typed a couple of lines in Quakenet chat, but that was about it.
Quote from Forstride:
I just tested that out, and the message didn't show in the other tab, so apparently I was banned?  Not sure why, but wouldn't there still be a message before the ban happened?

Again bans are Hellban style, you are not informed in any way you got banned, the only way to verify it is to actively check.
Weegee Time
Quote from Skullboy:
Thanks for providing those. I was hoping to take a look at them because I found myself banned for no apparent reason from Quakenet on Friday and Saturday. I'm not mad or anything, just curious. In each case, this appeared: "mike89 sets mode: +b *!*webchat@*.neo.res.rr.com" and then whatever I typed couldn't go through. I refreshed the page and couldn't get back in due to being banned. Does Mike89 have something against Road Runner customers in Northeast Ohio? It was probably an error on my end. Just wondering what happened. I was using a different handle on Saturday so you won't find Skullboy in there.

mike89's default ban mask was set to ISP instead of IP.  Props to dballin for getting me in contact with someone who this affected.  Anti-props for myself for immediately forgetting about it until the next day when someone else contacted me about a ban.  In any case, mike's setup got fixed and we didn't have that problem anymore.

In light of that, this is for everyone: If you feel like you've been banned incorrectly, please contact one of the active moderators and ask them what's up.  We can usually figure out what happened or can contact someone who knows.  Accidents happen, but it's really hard to fix them when we don't know about them. Smiley
Formerly known as Skullboy
Quote from Rakuen:
Quote from Skullboy:

mike89's default ban mask was set to ISP instead of IP.  Props to dballin for getting me in contact with someone who this affected.  Anti-props for myself for immediately forgetting about it until the next day when someone else contacted me about a ban.  In any case, mike's setup got fixed and we didn't have that problem anymore.

In light of that, this is for everyone: If you feel like you've been banned incorrectly, please contact one of the active moderators and ask them what's up.  We can usually figure out what happened or can contact someone who knows.  Accidents happen, but it's really hard to fix them when we don't know about them. Smiley

What's the best way to do that? It's hard to get a hold of  a chat mod when you can't get back in the chat. My IRC knowledge is practically nil. Thanks for the clarification. I thought it was an accident.
SEGA Junkie
Quote from Skullboy:

Yeah, I'm sorry about that - it was someone on the same hostmask as you, and my default ban was set to be too wide. I got Rakuen to help me fix it so it shouldn't have happened again. Smiley
Balls jerky
You're banned from the channel, but not from the server. You can still /msg a mod. Or hop into twitch chat and message a mod there who will relay the info and try to work it out that way.
This reminds me, does anyone have a log of the AGDQ 2013 Twitch chat? I don't think it was ever posted.
Quote from mike89:
Quote from Skullboy:

Yeah, I'm sorry about that - it was someone on the same hostmask as you, and my default ban was set to be too wide. I got Rakuen to help me fix it so it shouldn't have happened again. Smiley

I prefer to think you have an irrational hatred for roadrunner customers in Northeast Ohio.
dat jerk
Quote from garik16:
Quote from mike89:
Quote from Skullboy:

I prefer to think you have an irrational hatred for roadrunner customers in Northeast Ohio.

That's funny cause I'm from Northeastern Ohio and I have roadrunner and I never was kicked or banned while on irc.

Was I spared? Or was it because I have a sword and mike89 doesn't want to mess me?
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Just looked at dballin's post. LOL, that post and this png perfectly sums up twitch chat at times.

And what does it sum up to? No one can agree on anything.

To be honest, twitch chat was a lot better this time. With the exception of a couple of moments where it really needed to be sub-only, it was hype and people were happy with their FrankerZs.