--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2012-03-26 02:56:46 pm
mikwuyma: 2012-03-25 09:09:39 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Alb3Dj0u13H7dC0zVGlkcFNTZnI5RUJpM19Vdy1QckE#gid=0

NOTE: The times listed are in EST! On site we will be on MST, which is 2 hours earlier/ahead of EST.

Yes, I made the schedule. No, it's not final, but this should be a good outline, and I don't expect it to change a whole lot. I'm aware the comments section is barren right now, but I spent more time and effort putting a working schedule together.

I might have forgotten a game or two, but if I didn't approve the game in the games topic, then chances are I didn't add the game to the schedule for a reason.

Things I'm considering changing:

-Switching Minish Cap with Return to Dreamland.

People's schedules (I think I planned around this okay):

-z1mb0bw4y can only stay until mid-afternoon/evening on the 25th
-Raen can't be around most of Saturday and might be going to church Sunday.
-I know a lot of people are going to church on Sunday. At the very least I'm pretty sure Essentia, Denton, and Zyre will be at church on Sunday.
-Zyre doesn't want to be scheduled on the 24th or 25th in case if his job won't let him off during those days.

I'm sure there are other schedules to consider, but those are the main points I can think of right now.
Thread title:  
Edit history:
Heidrage: 2012-03-25 08:18:50 pm
Heidrage: 2012-03-25 08:18:34 pm
Willing to teach you the impossible
Being I was going to offer Mystical Ninja for AGDQ2013, it is the game I want to see the most. But for a marathon perspective, should it not tailor to Japans time schedule? They are 11 hours behind, making the run happen at 9am EST 10pm in Japan. Thoughts on making it in Japans prime time?

Sadly this make it so I miss it all together due to my work schedule...

Edit: Note that this is being said with out knowing any single persons arrival schedule or anything else that could force the time slot
Formerly known as Skullboy
My times look good. I do my best running in the morning and early afternoon. Looking at the schedule, it appears to be on EST but we'll be playing in Mountain Time correct?
Not sure if I'll be going to church that Sunday yet. 
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2012-03-25 08:54:09 pm
Not a walrus
Looks fine for me, other than 25 and 50 being pretty tight estimates for my games right now (25 for shatterhand a bit moreso) and not allowing much time for game switching.

Why does it seem to me like the setup hours are a bit too spread apart? Eh.
Gimme some sugar Shaggy!
X.X Morning Katamari. Selfish reasons aside, I have no problem with where my games are placed on the schedule
Look fine to me. Either time slot you mentioned for me should work. Like you said, Saturday during the day isn't preferable for me (but if necessary I could always skip my tournament), and I'll likely be going to church as well Sunday.
Gets the cake.
I'm happy with my timeslots. So pumped for this event! Grin
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Heidrage: Mystical Ninja/Goemon is more of a cult classic than anything else.

Skullboy: Added a note about EST and MST in the first post.

UA: I can add some time to your games. Also, I treated setup days just like AGDQ 2012 - I put the hours in all of the days in the middle, and I spread them so there is one setup per day.

Raen: Noted.
Claimh Happy
I'm happy with my spots. I'll practice playing AoS right after SADX so I don't get tripped up with the transition.

Would this be the right place to mention games I could commentate on?
Everything's better with Magitek
My time slots look good - especially since I won't end up playing FF6 past midnight if we stay on schedule! Wink  The only sad thing is that I'll probably miss the end of FF8, since my church goes from 11:00-2:00.
Gets the cake.
Quote from mapler90210:
I'm happy with my spots. I'll practice playing AoS right after SADX so I don't get tripped up with the transition.

Would this be the right place to mention games I could commentate on?

You need to commentate on Portal, and punch me every time I don't do a cube throw.

>_>
Claimh Happy
That was the plan. Though I wasn't limiting nyself to cube throws...
Fucking Weeaboo
Late nite with Sir VG.  Perfect.  Fits into my usual schedule of when I'm awake.
Insane Killer Robot
I'm fine with my times, as long as I don't succumb to jet lag by the 2 hour difference and won't be too tired by the time Aquaria comes up for me.  But I don't see that being much of a problem, I can always sleep a bit later on the 24th/25th to be able to stay up later.
Pudding%
Everything looks good for my runs, seeing as I'll probably pull another insomniac like I did at AGDQ.

I thought NesBot was going to have a game somewhere?
Quote from Dragondarch:
Everything looks good for my runs, seeing as I'll probably pull another insomniac like I did at AGDQ.

It's on there, just near the end.
Pudding%
Quote from Raen:
Quote from Dragondarch:

It's on there, just near the end.

Oh, I see it now. I was specifically looking for NesBot, but it's listed for DarkKobold Tongue
I am happy with the sm64 time slot.  I wouldn't mind it being later if things ended up shifting, but wouldn't want it to be much earlier.
Gimme some sugar Shaggy!
Ditto, I would prefer KF being a bit later in the schedule, due to some personal reasons, but if it cannot be changed, then I have no qualms staying at my current time slot
Edit history:
Chrno: 2012-03-26 06:25:55 am
WOW.
I don't know if this affects anything, it should not on your end anyway, but British viewers are now in a BST time zone (which is GMT +1). This means British viewers will get an extra hour of viewing as oppose to the rest of Europe (I think). The whole thing is confusing really but you may want to include a BST timing on the main site page when the time comes.
SEGA Junkie
Well, the rest of Europe gets daylight savings too. Tongue

Having said that, this seems like a good time to remind whoever's updating the page (romscout?) about possibly having a timezone option on the schedule page.
The Speedrunning Teacher
Nice spot for me. I was gonna ask to not play during the day on the 24th and 25th just in case I have to work, but since I'm playing on the 28th, that's no problem.
Edit history:
Brossentia: 2012-03-26 04:44:26 pm
No pain, no gain
Everything looks great to me.  Man, I'm nervous now!  I loved SGDQ, and this is gonna rock even more!

My race with Dragondarch will be a fight... to the pain.  I'm sure we'll both win in that regard.
Tech note about Kirby's Return to Dream Land, in case it's a scheduling consideration:

The game is designed for 16:9 resolution.  If you play the game with your Wii's resolution settings at 4:3, then the game will simply add black bars to the top and bottom of the screen.  So it's best to play the game in 16:9 if possible.
Oh look at that, Mort the Chicken made it in the schedule, better get practicing Cheesy