--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/SeriousSamFE.html

Serious Sam: The First Encounter (pc) (pc) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Ivan 'ImFuryPro' Saponenko!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Serious Sam: The First Encounter (pc) (pc) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/SSTFE%20WR-v_HQ.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.
This is a segmented run and not a single segment (despite what it says above).
A/V: Game freezes a few times but otherwise good. Time is 35:40 as seen in the final score screen. This is a clean segmented run on Normal, this time with the Alley of the Sphinxes arena fight skip. Not much to comment on, other than the Metropolis fight could be a bit more optimized.

Accept.
A/V: Good. I thought the freezes in the video were just my media player acting up, so I admit not checking them out further. I remember that they were all pretty minor though.

Gameplay: By comparing level times, this is a marked improvement over the previously submitted run in the same category (which I have not watched though). It seems like normal is not a popular category and segmenting it (as opposed to individual levels) seems to be unconventional, so I couldn't find much to compare this run with. The best comparison seems to be the set of individual levels on the site on serious difficulty. The submitted run is much faster (probably related to some of the oob stuff) for several levels, but also quite a bit slower in some levels. The slower levels have to do with item pick-ups that are important for a segmented run, but not for individual levels.

Anyways, besides the paper exercise of comparing level times, the gameplay appears to be good. Nothing I could see that stood out. I'm quite sure that some of the arena fights can be done faster, but that's just me as a viewer speaking. Overall it looks like a solid effort and congrats to ImFuryPro for keeping at it!

Accept
Borderlands 2 Glitch Hunter/ router.
A/V: Yup a few freezes here and there but as explained before its the game not the video being derpy. so basically "good"
Cheating: None
Gameplay: Good to see this run with the arena skip in it which saves a nice chunk of time, a few small improvements could shave time throughout, however there is nothing worth a reject so it's an ...

Accept!
Decision posted.
Just Programmer and Just Speedrunner
Thanks to all for your comments and of course for your positive estimates)) I will try to correct All mistakes and defects))
Once again thanks))