Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
moooh: 2013-10-10 11:44:16 am
Flip: 2013-10-10 11:05:22 am
puwexil: 2013-09-17 02:37:44 pm
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/SeriousSamFE.html

Serious Sam: The First Encounter (Any %) (Individual Level) (Serious)

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'Freezard' and Bart 'TheVoiid' de Waal!
Thread title:  
Edit history:
puwexil: 2013-09-17 02:38:14 pm
1-Up!
Run Information

Serious Sam: The First Encounter (Any %) (Individual Level) (Serious)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/SeriousSamTFE/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Sept. 30, 2013.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Edit history:
honorableJay: 2013-09-17 04:25:49 pm
The Dork Knight himself.
Before I go over the levels, I have just one question: Since the runs currently on the site are on the Tourist difficulty, and these levels are done on Serious difficulty, don't the runners have to submit a run for every level before these can get posted? It looks like they only complete 6 levels (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 13) out of the total 15.
Edit history:
djcj: 2013-09-17 06:59:47 pm
@honorableJay:
The IL table is on serious difficulty -> http://speeddemosarchive.com/SeriousSamFE.html#SeriousIL

It's been a long time since I had played this game. To me the runs look great, nice out of bounds tricks. Couldn't detect any cheating. It's an accept from me. The time improvements compared to the current runs on SDA are enormous, so I personally would categorize them as "with large-skip glitches".
The Dork Knight himself.
Hmmm, when I asked that question the run description said it was for Serious Sam HD, not the original. The current IL table for HD TFE is on Tourist which is why I asked. Are these IL's from the original or the HD remake? I believe the physics are slightly different in the remake.
Looking at the run comments, they're definitely for the original.
It's not the HD version, that was a mistake. You can't walk OoB like this in the HD versions.
Edit history:
honorableJay: 2013-09-18 07:49:27 pm
The Dork Knight himself.
Well with that out of the way, I say these are clear accepts. The levels are completely destroyed. A/V is great, and there's no obvious cheating (aside from explosion shenanigans).
Exoray
Just like with The Second Encounter, use of map-swimming is considered a separate category.
Thus, the Tomb of Ramses run is the only one you need to compare to the current run on site. All the other levels will be new additions.

That said, all of these are easy accepts. The Ramses run is a solid 10 second improvement over the current run and the new large-skip runs are all very well optimized.
1-Up!
Decision posted.