Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Flip: 2012-07-30 10:13:45 pm
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/SeriousSamFE.html

IL Table,  Tourist difficulty

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Alright, an IL table that I can safely say was optimized to the second in all places possible.

Hatshepsut: Perfect. There is as of yet no known method to get anything faster than a 0:34 on this level so it's the fastest possible.

Sand Canyon: Sweet getting that fast kleer boost. Not much else to comment on this level. It's fast.

Tomb of Ramses III: Just love that tower climb. Could be done a second faster without getting stuck but seeing how random the times you do and don't get stuck are it's definitely acceptible. Could possible have damage boosted of the kamikaze that was killed at 0:55 for maybe half a second gain.

Valley of the Kings: Some excellent bull surfing and gnaar boosting here. Staying on top of the flying gnaars is no easy feat. Didn't matter that a shot was missed on the green guy since the trigger for the spawn of the large demon is not killing him, but picking up the rocket launcher. Since this engine doesn't have the same kind of map swimming that can be seen in the original TFE and TSE games, I don't see a need to separate out of bounds runs for the HD remake.

Moon Mountains: Early backstage is just sweet. Have you managed to get harpy surfing as prominent as bull surfing? If so you might be able to pull off the crazy harpy boost through the circle waterfall and right to the end. We came close for TFE once but haven't managed to pull it off proper Smiley

Oasis: Should be able to get a kleer boost in your path right after picking up the grenade launcher, although I guess that piling up that occurred made the upcoming boosts easier. I'm not sure firing the rockets straight in the frog fight is faster than alternating the shots left to right, but this fight all comes down to managing hits with the tommy gun anyways. And that was done tremendously well.

Dunes: Nice lining up the surf boards. Possibly to get over the wall slightly faster by timing the bulls better, but the bulls are random enough that a second lost is not too much. Interesting 1-laser firing. Bound fire to scroll wheel? Don't think I've tested that before.

Suburbs: I played around with this map a lot and getting that kleer to boost you as much as it did here is not easy. The clean well jump may not be possible, but you still made the best out of it considering how easy it is to get stuck on the side of the inner walls.

Sewers: The video needs to be re-encoded since the audio is, well I don't know exactly how to describe it but it's horrible Smiley
Great job getting two long kleer boosts and then top it off with all those fish boosts. This level is not going to be improved anytime soon due to the great luck with how the fishes lined up and all the right direction boosts they managed.

Metropolis: No kleer boosts getting to the corner Sad
I'd question the use of the laser versus the kamikazes in the end fight, since there's ample ammo for the tommy gun and it's hit scan compared to the projectile delay. However I don't remember the spawning pattern for those, if they go by group total or by spawner total. If they are by group, the time loss is neglible.

Alley of the Sphinxes: This level was actually day time in the original. Changed to night time here.
Good bull cooperation getting over the first wall. The second wall, a bit less but hey at least they got there in the first place! Smiley
The end fight, no need to back over to hit that first blue mech, you can get it again later during enemy downtime.
A couple of missed cannon shots, things could have gone maybe 1 or 2 seconds faster here. The chance for getting those fast bull boosts coupled with the odds of getting a good end fight with non stray enemies surely makes it acceptable. This will be difficult to beat as is.

Karnak: Good top-side boost. Also getting past the end fight without snoozing off is a feat itself. It's so long Sad

Luxor: Nice harpy boosting here, haven't seen that shortcut before. Also props for yet again getting those nasty gnaar boosts. It's so easy to fall off if triggered incorrectly. Looks like this engine lends itself well to non-solid outer wall jumping Smiley

Sacred Yards: I've been messing around some in this level. That clean kleer to door jump just always amazes me. Top notch getting the long fish boost out of the water just before that as well. It's a shame you lost the kleer early, should have kept it at higher health and you might have gained another second.

The Great Pyramid: Superb kleer stacking boost. Reminds me of Ewil's awesome Shield Generator boost which I haven't been able to replicate to this day. Not much else to comment here, nice work on the surfs as usual. The rest is just a slow crawl until he decides to let you in the pyramid.

Verdict: A strong accept for all these IL runs. They are highly optimized and will be difficult to beat.

Quote:
Video/audio: Superb
Cheating: No

I can't really say anything to these runs, they're pretty much optimized to maximum. All the current records were beaten and by quite a lot.

Verdict: Accept

Quote:
legit, nothing to add to there others.

accept

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'Freezard!'
Thread title:  
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2012-07-30 09:47:46 pm
Not a walrus
Wait, is it IL or SS?

Congrats either way, though!
1-Up!
Good catch.
Quote:
I'd question the use of the laser versus the kamikazes in the end fight, since there's ample ammo for the tommy gun and it's hit scan compared to the projectile delay. However I don't remember the spawning pattern for those, if they go by group total or by spawner total. If they are by group, the time loss is neglible.

If it's the same as the original TFE (And it probably is) then only the last kamikaze matters (While all the others before him being dead), they're all not triggered by killing other kamikazes. So the optimal thing would be to use any weapon to take them all out, and then the tommygun/minigun for the last one.
Edit history:
Freezard: 2012-08-01 08:43:50 am
Thanks for verifying! That went quick Smiley To answer some comments:

Quote:
Could possible have damage boosted of the kamikaze that was killed at 0:55 for maybe half a second gain.

Kamikaze boosting doesn't work in HD unfortunately.

Quote:
Have you managed to get harpy surfing as prominent as bull surfing?

I have never thought about that actually, good point! I did try to get through the waterfall but wasn't able to pull it off Sad I'll definitely test harpy surfing someday, although I have a feeling they won't cooperate that well with me Tongue

Quote:
Should be able to get a kleer boost in your path right after picking up the grenade launcher, although I guess that piling up that occurred made the upcoming boosts easier. I'm not sure firing the rockets straight in the frog fight is faster than alternating the shots left to right

Yeah those boosts are really random, but in the end they always even out anyway. I entered the hopper room at the "usual time" here, although if really lucky you'll be 1-2 seconds faster. The first part of the hopper battle isn't really important because they all spawn at the same rate (time based), so that's why I'm just shooting rockets straight to the floor. Only the end of it is important (when I switch to the grenade launcher), because leaving too many hoppers alive in the first wave will prevent hoppers from spawning in the second wave.

Quote:
Interesting 1-laser firing. Bound fire to scroll wheel?

Yep. Only works in HD TFE (did work in HD TSE but got patched). I'm also using scroll wheel for the grenade launcher/cannon for rapid fire.

Quote:
I'd question the use of the laser versus the kamikazes in the end fight, since there's ample ammo for the tommy gun and it's hit scan compared to the projectile delay.

What TheVoid said; the spawns are time based. But I should probably have switched to the tommygun for the last kamikaze Smiley

Quote:
Also getting past the end fight without snoozing off is a feat itself. It's so long

Yep, but at least it's more challenging and shorter than the Metropolis fight 8)

Also a note to Flip: Sewers (level 9) was run by Mirko Brown (username Cortez666).