--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Musashi: 2011-08-14 01:59:08 pm
But time flows like a river...
Well if I'm doing the Glitch, I can have enough money to have all good armors in any time, so this is ok, I can't be killed in one hit (except critical from Pure Land).

Now the XP glitch is amazing for two reasons:
- No need leveling for Mana Fortress/Pure Land, because you have enough Int, so you don't need high level magic
- More MP

The weapon glitch is cool against some bosses, but not all, since only 1 character is doing it, and in PureLand boss are jumping/moving, magic > all.
DK + Mario Kart 8 = <3
Quote from Musashi:
Well if I'm doing the Glitch, I can have enough money to have all good armors in any time, so this is ok, I can't be killed in one hit (except critical from Pure Land).

Now the XP glitch is amazing for two reasons:
- No need leveling for Mana Fortress/Pure Land, because you have enough Int, so you don't need high level magic
- More MP

The weapon glitch is cool against some bosses, but not all, since only 1 character is doing it, and in PureLand boss are jumping/moving, magic > all.

yes in pure land you don´t do the weapon glitch there this location is just for spelling magic Smiley

and if you have good armour at gold city it is okay yes

good luck with this anymore
Edit history:
Musashi: 2011-08-15 02:10:13 pm
Musashi: 2011-08-15 02:10:01 pm
Well after some test and viewing the japanese run, I can say:

A single segment is possible using all glitches in the game:

- Weapon glitch using only 1 controller
- Skiping the underground palace before Mana palace
- Buying 15+ walnuts through the glitch before Pure Land

Another cool glitch, when you are casting Dryad on the Mana Sword against Mana Beast, even level 0, then you cast frost saber, you don't have to re-do the Mana power, this is permanent, so no level up required. Cheesy

The time is 3h20-3h35 I think if you do it perfectly.
Edit history:
Musashi: 2011-08-16 09:56:51 am
Musashi: 2011-08-16 09:56:16 am
Okay I managed to beat Mana Beast with Luna, Dryad level 0, using the frost saber glitch and the Charged Weapon Glitch !
When you spam stop magic the Mana Beast won't fly away, I've failed one time in the video because I can't spam faster using Luna & Shadow when Randi is charging, but if I manage to get the Midge Mallet, I can spam Stop Magic faster, and bait the Mana Beast without him flying away. Tongue
It is possible to beat him in 5-5min15, Seiken baited him in 12 mins for example.

Ignore the HP, used an action replay code, well I've writted all the things in the Youtube's description btw.

Edit history:
Musashi: 2011-08-21 08:17:03 am
Spiky is not a nightmare anymore ! R-R-R-R-R-Raaaaaaaped.

Honestly with fully glitch SS isn't that hard, this is just the terrible AI who can beat you, but I have to admit using the glitch to have unlimited money and armors, that's great.
But I'm really tired to re-do 50000 times the game atm, damn you SS-practice !
There's a word for that
Woo hey, nice use of barrel thumbsup
Yeah honeslty the barrel is really awesome,  I've never used it playing through the game "normally", but in SS glitched it's really nice !
Another example, Boreal Face:

I'm still practicing the SS, the problem still the IA and the randomness of the enemy's spawn, can stuck you for ton of seconds, frustratring. ;P
Well I hope I'm not too much spaming this thread with my videos. ^^'
Edit history:
Musashi: 2011-10-12 05:53:37 pm
Musashi: 2011-10-12 05:51:07 pm
Musashi: 2011-10-12 05:45:37 pm
Musashi: 2011-10-12 05:44:48 pm
Hey hey.

Long time since my last post, well, I've been practicing the game during long time, I've completed it many times and finally  got a decent time, I've made a movie about it !

Well, yeah I did it on emulator, so the run isn't really legit, but I hope (and I wish), I'll be able to do it in a real console, when I'll have the money for a Snes, a recorder, and the NTSC game. (The experience glitch doesn't work on PAL game).
The saves are "EMPTY", because everytimes you launch a new movie (creating a .smv), I don't know why, but this is erasing the saves, and I made a ton of smv for myself and testing.

Any comments are appreciated, or any questions, whatever.

Possible improvements:

- I've killed spiky in 2 shots, instead of 1. (well, RNG)
- Missed the first shot with Tonpole/Lizard
- Used two shots and Undine for Kilroy (the robot in Dwarf Village)
- I've used Undine three times instead of 2 in the Upper Land Village, well didn't cost me lot of time, but that was bad
- I've used fire saber instead of frost saber in Fire Palace, no incidence, I was lucky against the fire slime
- I think I can be faster with the menu, sometimes I was using up instead of down, cost me few seconds, but hey, this is the adrenaline. Cheesy
- The Mana Fortress part is terrible, the boss are great, but I'm not that good.
I can't remember all the things, but sometimes the charge glitch just miss the target, so the fight with the glitch  can be faster.
Well btw, who cares, this isn't a "real run", since I can't submit it, and these improvements are just about luck (at least 90% of theses). Smiley

Tricks used:

- Item selling glitch, already explained here, getting money faster, gears, 8 walnuts at the beginning, and 16 at the end.
- Experience glitch, everyone knows it I guess, killing our team to get fast XP (and a lot)
- Save data glitch, I've explained it too in the "Single Segment accepted thread", using a save to skip Underground City.
- Weapon charge glitch, charging the weapon through the AI, for maximum power.
Thanks a lot for your efforts, can't wait to watch it later. The time looks mint, if you ever do a submitable run I would love to hear commentary with it.
Well my english is really terrible, I doubt I can make any audio commentary. Tongue
Fucking Weeaboo
Great.  I need to watch this later.  Hope to see an actual submittable run sometime soon!
Nubsauce
Wow, so much has changed since I last took a crack at Secret of Mana speed running. I am very excited you are doing this project, and are already so far along! Are you still working on this?

I am watching the video now and making notes. I'll post it when I'm done.
INTJ
Bump,

anyone still trying to go for a run? If not, I consider getting an US SNES + SoM to run this casually
I was thinking about trying to run this game, too.

The problem is I have a PAL console, so the underground city skip and the "kill your own team" glitch are not possible. On the other hand I would try to do a two player run. I could better control the weapon charge glitch (because the attacking character is human controlled) and try to kill more or less all bosses without magic. Additionally I would included more two player glitches like no-clip when spellcasting/rope pole attacking and especially skiping pure land.

The pure land skip is very easy to do. No-clipping needs a bit of timing practice but should be doable (I tested both on real hardware already).

On the other hand a two player run would include a good amount of practice to not get in each others way...

The main question is: Is it worth to do a PAL run considering a NTSC run should be much easier/shorter?
Weegee Time
Each run would be in its own regional category.  Also, you'd be doing a multiplayer run, which puts it into another category still. 

I'd say it's worth it just because you're planning to do it with two players.  Not a whole lot of those runs have been submitted in general.
Edit history:
Musashi: 2012-03-12 07:35:32 pm
Musashi: 2012-03-12 07:35:01 pm
About my run, I'm trying to find a NTSC Snes and game, but I can't find any for cheap, I mean, I'm living in Europe, but my country is not in EU (European Union), so I have a LOT of taxe/duty when I'm buying from another country than mine, and when I find something, it's like 150$ just for the Snes, bullshit. :]

So I keep searching... maybe someday!

@Bailli a two players run would be cool, but I doubt you can kill every boss with the weapon glitch, because some bosses have really a shit hitbox, and it's really hard to hit them, but well, if you're planning a segmented run, this can be definitely possible!
Make it so.
Hey Musashi, I don't know if it would make a difference at all to the whole tax/duty thing you're talking about but I for one (and I'm sure many other european community members) would be happy to give you a hand, for instance, if I was to buy an NTSC SNES and game and ship it to you then you pay me back for the console itself would it work out cheaper? Or would there still be tax/duty involved?
Fucking Weeaboo
Do you have a Wii?  Because Secret of Mana is on VC.  If you install preloader/priiloader, you can play vc games region free.
Edit history:
Musashi: 2012-03-13 03:45:50 am
Musashi: 2012-03-13 03:40:28 am
Musashi: 2012-03-13 03:38:16 am
Musashi: 2012-03-13 03:38:03 am
Quote from Tiberius:
Hey Musashi, I don't know if it would make a difference at all to the whole tax/duty thing you're talking about but I for one (and I'm sure many other european community members) would be happy to give you a hand, for instance, if I was to buy an NTSC SNES and game and ship it to you then you pay me back for the console itself would it work out cheaper? Or would there still be tax/duty involved?

Well, for the game itself I think there is no duty at all, if I'm buying it in "loose mode", but for the console there is a duty/tax for sure, I've already bought something in this way to a friend in UK, and I had a lot of duty. Tongue
This is just if the box is huge, obviously they'll be checking it... Sad
At least thanks for your proposition, but I hope I can find something here... ><;

Quote from Sir VG:
Do you have a Wii?  Because Secret of Mana is on VC.  If you install preloader/priiloader, you can play vc games region free.

Hem... yeah I have a Wii (softmod), but I don't know if every glitches are working on the VC version, but that's a possibility yeah. I'll check it out. Tongue
I can buy the NTSC game with my PAL Wii?
Fucking Weeaboo
You can't buy the game, but you can install via WAD Manager.  And VC games are almost always exactly the same as the original cart.  The weapon glitch I know works for certain.
Oh, I thought it was not submittable using an "unofficial" way like this.
But, this will be in a separate category? I mean, if someone beat my run by playing on the SNES, separate category or same? Since VC is the same as the original game? ;o

Fucking Weeaboo
Same.  Playing on VC is perfectly acceptable and is considered the same category as the original console, since the games (as I stated earlier) are virtually identical.
Edit history:
Musashi: 2012-03-13 05:50:22 am
That's so nice then. Smiley
Thanks for the information, I'll check about preloader/Wad manager & co, I'm just scared playing VC on my HD TV, this will kill my eyes. Cheesy

You saved my day !
Fucking Weeaboo
No problem.  That's how I played Rondo of Blood (for the site) and ActRaiser (for the marathon).  If you need any help in installing or finding anything (except the WAD, of course), let me know.
DK + Mario Kart 8 = <3
Quote from Sir VG:
No problem.  That's how I played Rondo of Blood (for the site) and ActRaiser (for the marathon).  If you need any help in installing or finding anything (except the WAD, of course), let me know.

do you need to hack your wii?

is this the thing with homebrew channel ?

i want install it too but i am afraid that my wii is crushing

but i want play secret of mana us version because of the experience glitch