Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Vulajin: 2015-02-27 02:56:49 pm
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/SecretOfEvermore.html

Secret of Evermore (ntscus) (snes) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Verifier Responses

Quote from CyberBotX:
A/V good, no cheating detected. I've watched Metasigma's runs over the last year or so (something like that), and seeing things get to this point where the time is so drastically small is amazing. There is little more I can say other than accept.

Quote from eLmaGus-:
Cheating:

None detected whatsoever. ᕦ(° Д°)ᕤ

Play Quality:

Let me start off by saying this run is very intense and execution heavy throughout almost its entirety.

While there were hickups in execution here and there and this can be pushed further, this is a run that you can watch and afterwards say "That was a good speedrun of Secret of Evermore".

ᕦ(° Д°)ᕤ

Audio/Visual Quality:

I dont know if my Media Player is the source of this, but my audio was slightly ahead of the picture. Nevermind this if thats an issue on my end. However if that is an issue within the file, I would highly recommend that the submitter checks if he can do anything about that since that would be a reason to reject the run in the end.

A/V quality otherwise is very good, clean picture and sound.

Conclusion:
To me overall since it is a huge improvement and if the audio issue I had is on my end,

a very clear ACCEPT. ᕦ(° Д°)ᕤ

Quote from TheAngryPanda:
Cheating:

No cheating at all.

Play Quality:

This game is deceptively difficult, first off. There are spots where the runner gets hit and even though it wastes .5-1.5s depending on the location, it is still a VERY GOOD run through that area. The AI is absolutely brutal in this and the RNG is equally terrible. So a few hits here and there don't really damage an otherwise solid attempt.

That being said, I think the runner's execution was pretty awesome in Act 1 for what they could actually control. Act 2 was pretty good as well. Act 3 was okay (hard to judge cuz AI is miserable here). And Act 4 basically doesn't exist outside of a boss fight and 1 frame perfect trick which he got on the 3rd try, which is faster than menu buffering would be (5 tries = menu buffer time, on average).

Audio/Visual Quality:

Visually, the quality is fine and I see no problems.
Audio, however, might have issues? I can't really tell. Just sounds VERY slightly ahead in some parts, then seems to be normal afterwards? Could just be me or my player.

Conclusion:

I think in terms of updating the site to have a representative run (and runner) for this game, this is a very clear ACCEPT!

However, if audio issues are present, that obviously is a problem.

Quote from bangagong:
No cheating detected.  Great execution throughout the whole run.  A/V quality seemed fine to me, it seemed like the audio might be a little out of sync, maybe a little ahead of the video, but if it was it was barely noticeable and might just be me being overly critical.
At first, the audio was progressively going ahead of the video but I updated my VLC player and after that the video/audio played very smoothly together.  (probably why I was critical of the audio in the first place)
Great run.

Quote from ShadowDraft:
A/V good. Didn't notice the audio delay which other verifiers had.

No cheating detected.

ᕦ(° Д°)ᕤ says: This is a flexing update to the site. Accept it now and be strong.

I actually tried my own hands with a similar route and can testify that this run doesn't screw around. RNG is your arch nemesis and it's very execution heavy aswell. The run is very clean and a very good improvement over the current published one.

So yes, I'll gladly accept this one. ᕦ(° Д°)ᕤ

Decision: Accept

Reason: ᕦ(° Д°)ᕤ

Congratulations to 'MetaSigma'!
Thread title:  
ᕦ(° Д°)ᕤ
Fucking Weeaboo
ᕦ(° Д°)ᕤ
Is PJ
ᕦ(° Д°)ᕤ
ᕦ( '-')ᕤ
Evermore Extrodinare ᕦ(° Д°)ᕤ