Smiley
Sad
<- 123456 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
    i do not know all of the info yet. once this is finalized tonight, firecrotch219 (who has the info to the mumble server and perfectly precise info on how restreams work and when you should show up), we will contact everyone through whatever contact was given to us. so check your email or look for a skype message/friend request from probably ILoveVark or FireC.
    at this very moment, id expect that showing up 30 minutes before your run would be awesome. i guess we could understand 15 minutes before but that may be the closest.
  lastly, for restreaming, you will be given a stream key to a dummy account before your run. i have absolutely no info on the stream key codes. but i know that there will be multiple people that have good or great internet that will be restreamers for the internet.
The cake is a lie
And one last thing, shall we stream just the plain game or can we add our splits or at least our own timer ?
thats a really good question to bring up. thanks! im 90% sure you should ONLY STREAM GAMEPLAY. NO ADDED SPLITS, BACKGROUNDS, PICTURES. im almost positive that the restreamer will handle the timer, runner name, twitch link, game currently playing and whatever else
The cake is a lie
No problem, this question went to my mind when I was watching SRG marathon some days ago.

Thanks for your fast replies !
And i assume mumble audio will also be streamed? In other words i do not need to stream mic
well gyoo, since sunday its been basically school and sitting on my laptop with 3 SSM related tabs open. i am notified of new posts here very fast.

and thats correct bacon. you just need to stream gameplay video and audio. the restreamer will handle the rest
If we do that, our commentary will be 30 seconds behind with twitch delay.
Edit history:
Gyoo: 2013-12-19 02:30:11 pm
The cake is a lie
Quote from StingerPA:
If we do that, our commentary will be 30 seconds behind with twitch delay.

I'm afraid of this aswell :/

Maybe you can calibrate the delay between the dummy account and mumble, and put an audio delay, I don't know...
its a very unfortunate thing stinger. im not sure what will be planned for it. again, i dont know all too much about the marathon. i was originally not a part of the planning of this marathon. RDA and firecrotch were in big trouble and i am friends with them through luigis mansion speedruns, so i stepped in to help them out. im really nothing more than a scheduler with some small bits of info on the marathon. sorry.

i was thinking about delaying the audio, but if you think about it, there are still problems because the viewers will hear at a different then the Ecouch. if you fix one it will still be messed up. reactions to certain things in the run will be off either way. for example, the runner says "oh so i did that skip there to do that thing" and then the Ecouch sees 30 seconds later and reacts to it even though they knew it was happening 30 seconds ago. and it will show up strangely to viewers.
i dont think i explained that well but it made sense in my head :p
Edit history:
PillsOfDeath: 2013-12-19 05:10:27 pm
PillsOfDeath: 2013-12-19 05:10:07 pm
I hope i'll be able to explains tricks and why i do certain things during the run because English is not my first language...

I'll try to do my best!
Alright everyone. I have finally finished the scheduling for the SSM Winter 2013 Marathon. The schedule is right here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApRe4nWoXQk9dENOaHJWQVFuNUJvLUNaUzhfZjU4dVE&usp=drive_web#gid=0

Look for more information through contact points you have shared with SSM (email, twitch account, skype account). Hope everything goes well. This is where the marathon will be streamed. Leave it a follow: http://www.twitch.tv/seasonalspeedrunsmarathon

See you all there Smiley
Okay this is how everything will work. We will be using mumble. The runner will stream to whichever Dummy account we send to you. When streaming to that account, you will need to stream: The game (of course), Game audio, Mumble Audio, and Your voice. This is so the mumble call will not have a delay when the host will speak. We will be using Jamacanbacn's Mumble. That is right here: mumble-us.cleanvoice.ru
Port:60554
Excellent!
I won't use mumble for a few reasons, it's just an unstable piece of software for me on this computer. Hopefully I can just use skype?
i would like to use skype as well to be honest. but ill use mumble for the sake of the marathon
Daily Speedrun Streamer
Idk if this is the best place to put this, but you guys can put my donation incentive to take the treasure! for $50, If not thats fine too Tongue
hey tooshi. its totally fine to put it here. im going to keep this tab open basically the whole time until the marathon ends. il get on that right now. but isnt take the treasure making the run much shorter?
Daily Speedrun Streamer
You take the treasure, it says the end, and then after 30 seconds or so it pops back to the choice again XD
oh ok tooshi. yeah. ill put that in.
The cake is a lie
Quote from PillsOfDeath:
I hope i'll be able to explains tricks and why i do certain things during the run because English is not my first language...

I'll try to do my best!

Don't worry you're not the only one Tongue Let's make fun of this instead of feeling discomfortable !

Also, thanks for the infos concerning the streaming, I guess that's still the best solution to avoid delays.
i'm a GOD
hope I can explain the tricks because it's glover and sometimes glover just doesn't work
Vanilla H is mai waifu
oh god... mumble
I don't even know this program
Skype is extremely unstable compared to mumble and any other VoIP program.it has little flexibility , hogs your connection, and neglects sound cancelation .

Mumble is running on a dedicated server, Has many sound settings,low latency,and much higher quality overall. Not to mention it can host up to 50 people(this server at least)

You can get it here mumble.sourceforge.net
The cake is a lie
Gonna miss the beginning sadly, I'll join you on mumble as soon as possible Smiley
Excellent!
Quote from jamacanbacn:
Skype is extremely unstable compared to mumble and any other VoIP program.it has little flexibility , hogs your connection, and neglects sound cancelation .

Mumble is running on a dedicated server, Has many sound settings,low latency,and much higher quality overall. Not to mention it can host up to 50 people(this server at least)

You can get it here mumble.sourceforge.net

I still won't use it.