Sad
<- 1234567 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Talk to the Hand
Sweet! Will the site from last year still be the "main hub" for viewers, or should I direct them to a Twitch page? Also, are there any banners or anything I can use to promote this thing, since it's coming up in about 2 weeks?
Edit history:
Lawyer Dog: 2014-07-24 01:23:09 am
Lawyer Dog: 2014-07-23 10:48:11 pm
Quote from Emptyeye:
Sweet! Will the site from last year still be the "main hub" for viewers, or should I direct them to a Twitch page? Also, are there any banners or anything I can use to promote this thing, since it's coming up in about 2 weeks?

The Seamergency twitch page will have everything this time. One of the artists is going to be doing specific Seamergency 2014 stream layouts and a banner this weekend, so there will be a banner then.

Mumble/Hitbox info is sent out now.
Edit history:
peter afro: 2014-07-24 12:34:11 pm
How will bonus runs be chosen?
So a few recent marathons I've done had templates given out to the runners so they could adjust their game feed to specific dimensions depending on their game and it was made to streamline setup time. Will this marathon have something similar by any chance?
Quote from peter afro:
How will bonus runs be chosen?

Bonus runs will just be based on who is available to do one and how far ahead of the schedule we get.

Quote from Wawlconut:
So a few recent marathons I've done had templates given out to the runners so they could adjust their game feed to specific dimensions depending on their game and it was made to streamline setup time. Will this marathon have something similar by any chance?

The layout will be done by the restreamers, runners will just need to have the game filling their stream.
Quote from Lawyer Dog:
Quote from Wawlconut:

The layout will be done by the restreamers, runners will just need to have the game filling their stream.

What he meant was that for a few other marathons, runners would be given a template with boxes on it for different game resolutions so the runner can resize their game feed appropriately to match up with the restreamer's layout. It really helped to cut down on setup time because everything was already neatly cropped and resized.
Quote from mashystrr:
Quote from Lawyer Dog:
Quote from Wawlconut:

What he meant was that for a few other marathons, runners would be given a template with boxes on it for different game resolutions so the runner can resize their game feed appropriately to match up with the restreamer's layout. It really helped to cut down on setup time because everything was already neatly cropped and resized.

It takes like 10 seconds to get a pixel perfect resize/crop, it's really not necessary for runners to do that. With the command line Livestreamer and VLC set up to have minimal UI it's just a matter of doing a screen region and then entering in a couple numbers for coordinates and resolution.
i think the restreamers just have to know if the game will be 4:3 or 16:9 (since twitch and i think hitbox only allow 16:9) if they need to crop the hitbox stream or not
for descent 2 i can stream in either but i usually play in 4:3 (and it will leave more room on the main stream for stuff)
as for donation incentives i can use either the original midi audio or the redbook soundtrack

question about the seamergency twitch page. So the seamergency twitch page will be streaming hitbox stream?
Edit history:
Lawyer Dog: 2014-07-25 07:36:21 pm
Quote from icantpronouncethis:
question about the seamergency twitch page. So the seamergency twitch page will be streaming hitbox stream?

The Seamergency twitch page will have a restream of the hitbox game stream and three artist streams.

With how the stream is set up to fit the artist streams whether or not the game is 16:9 or 4:3 the stream layout will be the same, so 16:9 is preferred if there's a choice for a game.
I just submitted a run! I feel excited, hopefully it'll be good for me. thumbsup
Any chance that I could get my runs on monday the 11th pushed back into the early afternoon? If you can't, it's no big deal - I will still be available that morning, just on less sleep haha.
Quote from just_defend:
Any chance that I could get my runs on monday the 11th pushed back into the early afternoon? If you can't, it's no big deal - I will still be available that morning, just on less sleep haha.

Work has been crazy recently, but I'll be swapping around some runs to do that and also fill up the schedule with two more runs soon.
Seamergency 2014 logo is taking longer than expected, a second artist had input on it and is currently working on it.
I'm amped for this marathon. Always been a fan of the sea.
Edit history:
Jtabor2: 2014-07-29 09:38:27 am
Jtabor2: 2014-07-29 09:37:20 am
Is it okay to send in another response only because you messed up the times to be available to play? A response is greatly appreciated!

I put 9:00 PM - 12:00 AM for the times available, but I would like for my run to be at a 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM range. Is submitting another form required or could it be changed without putting another form in?
Edit history:
Lawyer Dog: 2014-07-29 04:18:19 pm
Lawyer Dog: 2014-07-29 03:58:42 pm
Quote from Jtabor2:
Is it okay to send in another response only because you messed up the times to be available to play? A response is greatly appreciated!

I put 9:00 PM - 12:00 AM for the times available, but I would like for my run to be at a 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM range. Is submitting another form required or could it be changed without putting another form in?

Just sending an e-mail or posting here works, it's slotted in now in the 3:00PM-6:00PM range and waiting for your confirmation.

With that our schedule will be almost full if no one drops out. After working through some things with testing ways to restream, we won't need any time for setup buffer unless something goes horribly wrong. I've been removing the setup buffer, and we can slot in a couple more 10-30 minutes runs.
Ah I understand now. I would like to confirm here now a range of 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM. thumbsup
Confirming I'm down to do Chaos Theory!
Quote from Studio:
Confirming I'm down to do Chaos Theory!

I just confirmed via email a more specific time. I'm not sure exactly what ya mean by Chaos Theory. xD
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
I gotcha! I thought maybe the times I mentioned were chaotic or somethin; I just was confused
Alright, the Seamergency logo is finished.

Transparent background:

Solid Background:
Quote from Lagotrope:
Alright, the Seamergency logo is finished.

Transparent background:

Solid Background:

Dude this is great. Time to pimp out my stream now.
twitch.tv/letterswords
Hey sorry to do this so late, but I'm going to have to pull out of 1 of my 2 runs (the Mass Effect run). I'm pretty busy that day and would be cutting it close on whether or not I could actually make it home in time to do the run, so I'd rather just pull out now than be a no show. If you really can't find anyone else though, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
Quote from letterswords:
Hey sorry to do this so late, but I'm going to have to pull out of 1 of my 2 runs (the Mass Effect run). I'm pretty busy that day and would be cutting it close on whether or not I could actually make it home in time to do the run, so I'd rather just pull out now than be a no show. If you really can't find anyone else though, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

All right.

We are now in need of some more runs, if anyone wants to submit more.