Smiley
Sad
<- 123456 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I have edited my post on page 2 to add Epistory to my offers: https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/scrubathon_vi__submissions_open_dates_december_910__december_171819_33.html#scrubathon_vi__submissions_open_dates_december_910__december_171819_33
Edit history:
RaikouRider: 2016-10-24 07:46:41 pm
RaikouRider: 2016-10-24 07:45:00 pm
RaikouRider: 2016-10-24 07:43:40 pm
Amateur DKC Runner
Projected Availability: Prefer not Tuesdays, prefer not Wednesdays, prefer not Fridays. Sundays available all day. Other days available from 5:30PM-11:30PM EST. Also I've marked this on my calendar so I won't forget about it this year!

Game: Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!
Category: 103%
Estimate: 2:10:00
Description: The sequel to the critically-acclaimed Donkey Kong Country 2, and the speedrun remains just as exciting. 103% entails completing all stages, including the Lost World stages, and collecting all major pickups--DK Coins, Bonus Coins, and Banana Birds. The first two worlds are played in their entirety, unlike every other category in the game. There is a lot of 103-exclusive tech, and a lot of optimizations in the bonus stages themselves. All the hardest stages are at the end of the run, making for a nerve-wracking ending. I have experience running this game at past marathons, and can do full commentary while playing. Estimate is very conservative due to potential for multi-minute time losses in several places.
Misc Info: Can race if anyone else submits.

Game: Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
Category: D-4 Warpless (Mario)
Estimate: 0:55:00
Description: A popular run at marathons large and small, though all the marathon showings of this game are as Luigi. As difficult as Lost Levels is as Luigi, Mario's shorter jump makes the game even harder and even more impressive to watch. D-4 Warpless adds world 9 and the letter worlds A through D to the run. These levels are extremely challenging as Mario, with lots of two-frame-window jumps and different strats for many levels due to many of the Luigi strats being completely impossible as Mario.

Game: Zelda 1 Randomizer
Category: Tournament
Estimate: 1:30:00
Description: Ever wanted to watch a speedrunner have to do all kinds of routing on the fly, in a game that changes every time you play it? Fred Coughlin's randomizer for The Legend of Zelda does all that and more. Shuffling locations of dungeons, enemies, items, and so on, the runner has to figure out the fastest way to complete the game, constantly adapting to new information obtained throughout the course of the game, changing strategies based on what items are in the runner's inventory, and so forth. A seed could be customized by a third party, assuring the run finishes under estimate while still being a good watch.
Game: Little Samson
Category: Any%
Estimate: 00:11:00
Misc Info: Would like to race with Toad22484 but could be done solo
Projected Availability: Any time

Me and Toad are the only runners of Little Samson that have a sub 9 in the game, should make an entertaining race since our PBs are 3 seconds apart

Game: Ghoul School
Estimate: 00:07:00
Misc Info: Would like to race against Toad22484

Ghoul School is a short, goofy game, and would make another good race since our PBs are pretty close.

Game: Mega Man 1
Category: All Stages
Estimate: 25:00
Misc Info: Would be nice to run as a warm up for AGDQ. Could be done as a race if anyone else submits.

I got the 2nd ever sub 19 earlier this year and I always enjoy showing off how broken this game is.

Game: Metal Storm
Estimate: 00:14:00
Misc Info:

Really cool platformer/shooter that features great animations and 1-hit deaths. Also some really cool frame perfect wrong warps that would definitely be attempted.

Game: Whomp Em
Estimate: 00:15:00
Misc Info:

Really fun Shovel Knight/Mega Man style game on the NES that pretty much gets no attention from other runners.
Edit history:
Toad22484: 2016-10-25 03:21:15 am
Game: Little Samson
Estimate: 00:11:00
Misc Info: Would like to race with WhiteHat94 but could be done solo

With the top 2 runners being far ahead of everyone else and a great to watch speedrun like this full of tricks will go awesome as a race

Game: Ghoul School
Estimate: 00:07:00
Misc Info: Would like to race against WhiteHat94

As WhiteHat stated its a goofy game thats an excellent speed game and will make for a great race.

Game: Contra
Estimate: 00:12:00
Misc Info: PB - 10:04

Part of what could be a Contrilogy NES block I'm hoping to display at scrubathon.  Contra being one of the most popular NES titles and always a great watch.

Game: Super C
Estimate: 00:16:00
Misc Info: PB = WR - 12:56

This time came down a lot this year with better strats and I ended up getting record.  Lots to talk about and show up in this crazy Contra run.

Game: Contra Force
Estimate: 00:18:00
Misc Info: PB = WR - 14:18

The one everyone loves to hate but it turns out its a pretty awesome speedrun with some tight movement and really good tech.  Again lots to talk about and show off.
Edit history:
PinkPajamas: 2016-10-26 11:34:43 am
Game: Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne
Category: Normal Musubi (any%)
Estimate: 8:40:00
I've been working on this RPG for almost a whole year now and I'm still not done with it. You recruit demons, use them as party members, and fuse demons to make new party members. While this is the category I haven't worked on as much, this is the more safe and reasonable one.

If you really want to go deep...

Game: Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne
Category: Hard True Demon Ending
Estimate: 15:00:00
This is considered to be one of the hardest RPG speedruns out there and with the new route I made I could probably pull this off in a marathon setting. Also with how flexible my schedule has been lately this would be pretty much one of the only times I could do this run on someone else's schedule. That being said 15 hours is probably way too much to put in a marathon, but I think I can do it so I might as well submit it.

Availability: Any Time
Game: Super Bomberman 4
Category: Any% 1P
Estimate: 30:00
Misc Info: We get bombs to explode everything (including yourself!!!). I dont speak english and I will need someone to comment.

Game: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Category: Any% No Major Glitches
Estimate: 1:55:00
Misc Info: Im not consistent in this game and I do some baby strats in the run. I will play only if it's a race cause I dont know lol.

Projected Availability: Everyday except 17/18.
#FailFish
Game: Donkey Kong Country 2
Estimate: 0:50:00
Misc Info: submitting for race with Namux, or whoever else
Projected Availability: after 10 EST on M-F, any time on weekends
Game: Donkey Kong Country 2
Misc Info: submitting for race with Antilles58, or whoever else
Projected Availability: Available from 12/9 - 12/12 any time on weekends, and available after 9pm EST on the Friday/Monday

Game: Tiny Toons: Buster Busts Loose
Category: Any% Normal
Estimate: 0:30:00
Misc Info:
Projected Availability: Available from 12/9 - 12/12 any time on weekends, and available after 9pm EST on the Friday/Monday
Game: Onimusha: Warlords
Estimate: 1:25:00
Misc Info: Plenty of time for donation reading Kappa
Projected Availability: All the time

Game: Breath of Fire IV
Category: Any% True Ending
Estimate: 7:40:00
Misc Info: Can race w/ Chib again if he's game?

Game: Final Fantasy Adventure
Category: Any% and Any% Warpless
Estimate: 2:15:00 and 0:42:00
Misc Info: I'm sick at this game, bruv

Game: Illusion of Gaia
Category: Any% and 100%
Estimate: 2:08:00 and 2:20:00
Misc Info: If Hulk and Crawek wanna race?

Game: Shining Force II
Estimate: 5:45:00
Misc Info: Can race if you prefer
Game: Undertale (PC)
Category: True Pacifist Ending
Estimate: 1:35:00
Misc Info: Undertale has become a very fun and technical speedgame this past year. Ever since the discovery of the game-breaking punch card glitch, which involves the use of an item obtained less than half an hour into the run, over a hundred tricks and skips have been utilized with it. Many of the game's bosses have cool skill-based strategies and tricks as well. If you enjoy watching half of a game be skipped using a piece of paper, this is a very entertaining run.
Projected Availability: I am not available on either December 11th or 18th. On any given weekday besides Friday, I can run from 8:30 PM to 11:00 PM EST. On Fridays, I can run from 8:30 PM to 1:00 AM EST. On Saturdays, I can run from 12:00 PM to 12:00 AM EST.

Game: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (PC)
Estimate: 35:00
Misc Info: Amnesia as a speedgame is quite opposite of the casual experience. This game has a very large amount of clips and going out of bounds, which makes it very interesting. The risk of falling out of bounds into the void adds tension, as well as many difficult jumps and maneuvers. Instead of worrying about the monster chasing you, you are trying to progress through the room as fast as possible, as if it weren't there.
Projected Availability: I am not available on either December 11th or 18th. On any given weekday besides Friday, I can run from 8:30 PM to 11:00 PM EST. On Fridays, I can run from 8:30 PM to 1:00 AM EST. On Saturdays, I can run from 12:00 PM to 12:00 AM EST.

Game: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Nintendo GameCube, Played on Wii System)
Estimate: 3:35:00
Misc Info: Twilight Princess is a game that has a lot of difficult and technical tricks throughout, mostly early-game. The game gets more entertaining as it progresses towards the end, and has many cool glitches and strategies for dungeons and bosses, such as beating the Lakebed Temple boss without the armor that lets you breathe underwater, which is otherwise considered impossible, and using the boomerang to jump extremely far distances. The Master Sword is obtained within the first half hour of the run, and is used to transform and warp when you otherwise wouldn't be able to. It is a very interesting and fun Zelda game to speedrun, whether you are watching it, or running it.
Projected Availability: I am not available on either December 11th or 18th. I wouldn't have time to run this game on Mondays-Thursdays. On Fridays, I can run from 8:30 PM to 1:00 AM EST. On Saturdays, I can run from 12:00 PM to 12:00 AM EST.
Game: Super Metroid: Project Base
Category: 104%
Estimate: 55:00

Game: Super Metroid: Arrival
Category: 101%
Estimate: 50:00

Game: Sin & Punishment
Estimate: 45:00

Game: Bram Stoker's Dracula
Category: Normal Difficulty
Estimate: 25:00

Game: Contra ReBirth
Category: Easy Difficulty
Estimate: 20:00

Availability: Everyday between 6 AM and 6 PM
I've edited my submission on page 3, changed 1 game for another and added 5th one
Game: Star Wars - Shadows of the Empire
Category: Any% (PC)
Estimate: 45:00

Projected Availability:
Mon to Fri: 07:00 - 14:00 EST
Sat and Sunday: 08:00 - 17:00 EST
Edit history:
Neerrm: 2016-11-01 11:34:17 am
I guess I'll actually submit to this for the first time ever.

Game: Mario Golf: Advance Tour
Category: Story Mode Singles
Estimate: 1:15:00
Misc Info: Would be down to race this, and if someone better submits and doesn't want to race then please, take them

Game: Shippuu! Iron Leaguer
Estimate: 20:00

Projected Availability:
Mon, Wed-Fri: 8 PM to 2 AM EST
Sat-Sun: Whenever
ヾ(´▽` )ノ
Game: Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
Category: Any%,Expert, 0 kunai
Estimate: 30:00
Misc Info: Action platformer for the Sega Genesis featuring grandpa Joe Musashi. Thankfully this grandpa Joe isn't bedridden, nor a liar. Difficult to pull off rapid-fire and clips will be used in this run. Will be attempting to show off a new trick if I can pull it off. Not a big deal nor time-loss if I can't. 
Projected Availability: December 9(7:00p EST to any) December 10(any to before 10:59pm EST) December 16(7:00p EST to any) December 17(any to before 10:59pm EST)
Game: Gimmick!
Category: Best Ending, Best Ending Glitchless, Any%, Any% Glitchless
Estimate: 14:00
Misc Info: Still playing this game.  Becored and I still trading records. Gimmick 2016.

Game: Ghouls 'N Ghosts
Category: Any%, Torch Preferred%
Estimates: 18:00 and 20:00 respectively.
Misc Info: Played Ultimate Ghosts n Goblins last scrubathon. But this is my specialty.

Game: Surprise Attack
Estimate: 18:00
Misc info: Hidden gem Arcade Shinobi/Rolling Thunder hybrid Konami 1990 with an emphasis on speed.

Projected Availability: Weeknights 7-11pm EST, Weekends 7am-1am.
Party%
Edited my submission post (removing Lost Odyssey any% no Gamble since I won't get finished with routing/practicing and added FF1 PSP and Noobow as possible "short" games)
Game: Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals
Category: Ancient Cave Any%
Estimate: 2:00:00
Misc Info: Will accept alone if preferred but I personally would love to do another race with any other submitters.
Availability: not sure what days I'll have off work but as long as it's sometime in the evening around 7:30PM central till around 12-1AM Central starting time I can definitely make it any day.
edited my submission post (added Rogue galaxy and PDP)
Edit history:
Danshow: 2016-11-05 12:16:47 pm
Game: Chakan (Game Gear)
Estimate: 15 Min
Misc Info: You can use this as a filler game if I'm around at all, it's super short, pb is 9:04 cool little game.
Availibility: Anytime before 3PM PST, and After 11:30PM PST
Game: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (PS2)
Estimate: 1:05:00
Misc info: This game is pretty cool and I need some marathon practice before AGDQ.
Video:

Game: Crash Bandicoot (PS1)
Estimate: 1:00:00
Misc info: Pretty chill run that isnt complicated to watch as a casual viewer that doesnt know the game.
Video: https://twitch.tv/thmcs/v/79144100

Game: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (PC)
Misc info: This run is a broken mess lmao.
Video:
Edit history:
Vultuz: 2016-11-06 10:53:01 am
Vultuz: 2016-11-06 10:51:57 am
Game: Road Runner's Death Valley Rally
Estimate: 0:28:14
Misc Info: Meep Meep

Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
Category: Any% or 100%
Estimate: 0:45:00 or 1:00:00
Misc Info: Need redemption for my last scrubathon run. Scrubathon V was pretty damn bad and i got interrupted during the run.

Possible Mystic Quest again this time.
Estimate: LUL (Only racing, no solo run)

Availabilty: As usual. - Bad on Wednesdays.
Edit history:
cha0sSDA: 2016-11-13 09:29:56 pm
cha0sSDA: 2016-11-13 09:29:35 pm
cha0sSDA: 2016-11-06 03:04:06 pm
Game: Wild Arms
Category: 100%
Estimate: 6:30
Misc Info: Yo you fight Ragu
Projected Availability:
9 after 7pm, 10 any time, 11 before 6pm
16 after 7pm EST, 17-19 any time (this period of time would be preferred, but cool for other times as well)

Edit history:
SecretHumorMan: 2016-11-07 10:20:37 am
SecretHumorMan: 2016-11-07 10:20:03 am
Game: Banjo-Kazooie
Estimate: 2:30:00
Misc Info: I have improved my time by 13 minutes since the last time I've ran this for Scrubathon. 301% Prep

Game: Banjo-Tooie
Estimate: 5:00:00
Misc. Info: collecting everything in the fastest time possible, lot of really cool optimizations and tricks. 301% Prep

Game: Diddy Kong Racing
Estimate: 2:20:00

Projected Availability for all games: available any day, except Wednesday, after 7 p.m. EST
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Game: Star Ocean Integrity and Faithlessness
Category: Any% Earth Mode + DLC
Estimate: 7 hours
Misc Info: In order to make this as marathon safe as possible, I'll be playing through on the easiest setting using some of the DLC items that aren't normally used in a run.
Projected Availability: Weekends preferable. Basically any time from Friday around 7pm to Sunday around 10pm would be best possible. Otherwise I can start the run between 7pm and 10pm if it's a weekday. (but would prefer the weekend)