List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Rygar.html

SS no major skips run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
I timed a 22:56.  Nice use of damage abuse before Deathpigor.  I am Not Emptyeye and I accept this run - we have a new Warrior of Argus among us.

Quote:
I was actually in DW's stream the night he got this run. He had it 22:56 in WSplit, and I have no reason to argue with that.

The run itself was extremely optimized, and there were only a few minor mistakes. If Feasel ever tries to best this, I wish him the best of luck. I don't see a lot of room for improvement.

ACCEPT.

Quote:
I've watched my share of this game being livestreamed, and it's been incredible to watch the time come down. This run is the pinnacle of that.

Just extremely tight play. Only a few seconds here and there seem able to be improved to make it perfect. The run also has good luck on getting low levels of lag.

22:56 seems right to me. An easy ACCEPT.

Quote:
Got good monster patterns and earned enough tone for the 75-hit Eruga fight (48 tone) with minimal stoppage.  I guess it's possible to get 56 tone and save a small amount of time with a 64-hit fight, but good luck with that.

Ergua fight itself was great.  Got 4 hits from the left and nailed a few 5-hits from the right.  Could save a few seconds by 5-hitting on both sides, but that's hard.  Could also damage boost 1 or 2 more times in lower Sagila if you get there with more health to spare.

Great spawns in Primeval Mountain.  Can hardly be done any faster than this.  Sagila, Dorago, and roller-demon fights were tight.  Decent RNG with Lapis and Deathpigor fights (2 and 1 shots fired, respectively).  Did the 12-hit Ligar fight, and fortunately he just barely had enough health to take a shot from Ligar

This run is amazing and there is very little that can be improved without new tech, or incorporating some of the tricks that have only been done in tas so far (e.g. air-walking, or hopping on a crawler to get accross the wide pit that separates the two halves of Sagila's Den).

AV quality good.  No cheating.  Accept!  Now go do a death-warps run.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to ‘Darkwing Duck!’
Thread title:  
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2012-08-25 10:49:26 pm
Not a walrus
A good death warps run would be truly magical.

But so is this run.
Highly Evolved
Live streaming does kind of take the drama out of verification, sometimes, especially when the verifiers have already seen the run.

Thanks all!
Is PJ
It takes the drama out of the verification, but it adds drama to the process getting to the submitted run.  Those 5-6 weeks of intense back-and-forth runs...
Highly Evolved
Quote from PJ:
It takes the drama out of the verification, but it adds drama to the process getting to the submitted run.  Those 5-6 weeks of intense back-and-forth runs...

That is true.  Competing streams might have been the best streams, especially when we were in a Skype call.
difficult and stupidly random
death warps run next please.  thank you.