Smiley
Sad
<- 12345678 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I replaced some video links by new PBs, which also created a tiny change for an estimate for an Odin Sphere category (I said I'd add 5 min for a specific character, but I actually managed to get under the ETA, so it's not necessary anymore.) The links concerned are OFF - Any%, as well as Odin Sphere - Gwendolyn and Cornelius Any%.
Professional Second Banana
Quote from KaiserKreuz:
I replaced some video links by new PBs, which also created a tiny change for an estimate for an Odin Sphere category (I said I'd add 5 min for a specific character, but I actually managed to get under the ETA, so it's not necessary anymore.) The links concerned are OFF - Any%, as well as Odin Sphere - Gwendolyn and Cornelius Any%.

Great - thanks for the updates.
www.twitch.tv/ghoul02
Added an incentive to Persona 4 Golden for a SMT Hard TDE Nocturne boss showcase. More details in the pitch.
Is PJ
Incentive revisions for Dragon View:

-Scratch the "ending skip" incentives.  We can just plan to not watch the full ending.  I can summarize what happens while the first few minutes play and we can stop it at "ending 3", which is the actual staff roll.  There are two sequences after that which are like 10 minutes long.  I think this would be a good compromise.

-I may be confident enough to add an incentive to showcase the Grand Memory Clobber.  In theory, this would add only about...10 minutes?  I'd have to make a 30-40 second detour to save, and replay one dungeon.  I had concerns before about the risk of such a run (if I die at all before then, the GMC is impossible to trigger, and it has an extremely slim chance of deleting save data), but after performing 40 Grand Memory Clobbers on console last week, not a single one deleted save data, and a large majority of my runs didn't die.  If SNES flash carts are able to hold battery saves, I could just prepare a backup save on one of those that week to account for the chance of lost save data.  The filename wouldn't match anymore, though.  If I do die, I'd feel kind of bad about having met the incentive but not having a chance to actually fulfill it.

In the end, I'll leave it up to the organizers.  I think the risk is rather small (maybe 10%), but it is still somewhat irresponsible to not be able to guarantee a fulfilled incentive.

Time added for GMC: 10 min
Time added for GMC if I die at the only dangerous spot and reload from last possible save: 25 min
INTJ
Quote:
Tales of Phantasia - is there an English translation that can be used, and if so how would it affect the estimate?
5 names, 6 characters each, uppercase only, numbers and some symbols included - which characters are named?
Dog sings the main theme

There is an English fantranslation that could be used, but it would result in about 15-35 minutes longer of a run, purely due to the text and lag being a stronger component... Actually, I'd need to confirm that it would even run on a flashcart. Tales of Phantasia is a super-late and very technically-advanced SNES game, there is no guarantee it would work on console. I think (?) there is repro carts, but I don't have one to test

The variance of "15 - 35 minutes longer" comes from me simply not really knowing exactly. Emulator lags significantly more than console, and I only did my early runs on emulator with English patch, then switched over to Japanese. But it's worth noting, that my very first run in Japanese on console - barely knowing the characters and menu, wasting a lot of time on that overall - out of nowhere was around 25 minutes ahead of my english emulator runs

I would need to test how much longer an English run would be on console via flashcart for English to know more details (I'll likely only get to it sometime next month though) - but I'm reasonably certain, that English has an extraordinary amount more text and slower cutscenes regardless of emulator-lag
Edit history:
Drifting Skies: 2018-02-12 10:15:39 am
Drifting Skies: 2018-02-11 09:49:45 pm
steak Steak STEAK!!!
Some more fleshing out on Legaia incentives, what they mean, how they change the run, etc.

https://pastebin.com/pvdAgYjv

EDIT: When they need to be locked in or reached:

Vahn's name: Start of run.
Noa's name: After leaving Rim Elm (~14 minutes in)
Hidden Scientist Dialogue (end of Dohati's Castle, ~2 hours in)
Keep Vahnessa: After clearing Uru Mais (~3 hours in)
Fight / Skip Jette: After returning to the present (~4 hours, 30 minutes in)
Choice of Ending (start of JuggerCort fight, ~5 hours, 30 minutes in)
Post-Game showoffs: End of run, since I'll need to go through the ending selected.

EDIT 2: Name Select Screen:
https://i.imgur.com/mghbXXT.png
Edit history:
Z-Saber: 2018-02-11 10:11:43 pm
Regarding Disgaea 5 submission:
Naming Screen
https://i.imgur.com/XZzVjih.png

The two Prinnies I automatically get at the start of the game have randomized names and I can't change them until about 10 minutes in. I can opt to create 2 extra Prinnies and name those instead, which can be done in the first minute of the run. It's probably faster overall to do this over the first option.

Unlock Carnage has seen some better strats since my submission, so I'm comfortable with dropping my estimate to 2:20:00.

Would also like to offer an incentive for defeating just Baal the way I would do it in the 'Defeat Baal' speedrun. It should take about 5 extra minutes. I'll be loading a save already set up to fight Baal with the grinding segments already done, and will also have the playtime visible, so people can see that it's possible. I'll go over the setup that we work towards after unlocking Carnage Dimension, then do the fight.
Everyday is puppies and sunshine...
Quote:
Heroine's Quest
Class - Warrior, Sorceress, or Rogue.  Does the class affect the estimate?
Can the heroine be named?

Yes, the Heroine can be named.  We could easily add a naming incentive, but the name is such a small part of the game it may not be worth it.  Your call.  Smiley

Class does affect the estimate.  I've padded these numbers.
Warrior Any% is around 25:00,
Sorceress Any% WR is currently 38:00, but I can crush this time to probably 30:00
Rogue Any% is 40:00 currently, but I'll be working this one out the most to get the time down.
Fable: The Lost Chapters
Save/Kill Whisper bid war - During the Arena segment of the run, we are given the choice to kill or spare Whisper, it is faster to spare her than to kill her, but only by about ten seconds. We fight her multiple times throughout the run, but this is the only opportunity to kill/spare her.

Glitch exhibition - Would be done post-run, we would showcase things such as out of bounds in different areas of the game, "trash launching" which involves us rolling off of a pile of trash and potentially being flung so high into the air that you can't see the ground below you, physics abuse, and hardlocking the game. Approximately 8-10 minutes.

Listen to the Prison Warden's poetry - The prison warden in Fable rewards you for winning the yearly race with an exclusive reading of some of his "world famous" poetry. It's truly the magnum opus of the run and we would listen to two pieces of poetry, "The Cautionary Tale of the Jailbird" and "Grey is the Prettiest Colour". In total would take approximately 3 minutes.

Save/abandon the prisoners - In Bargate Prison there is a group of prisoners in your cell block that are locked in their cells, but upon having the opportunity to escape, you can choose to open their cells and they will escape alongside you. Would take about 15 seconds to free the prisoners and they will compliment you upon opening their cells.
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2018-02-13 12:07:28 pm
kirbymastah: 2018-02-13 12:04:20 pm
kirbymastah: 2018-02-13 12:03:07 pm
kirbymastah: 2018-02-13 12:02:38 pm
kirbymastah: 2018-02-13 12:02:09 pm
kirbymastah: 2018-02-13 12:01:58 pm
<(^_^)>
Fire Emblem 9: Path of Radiance
Attempt to have Ike fight the Black Knight - Do you only get 1 shot at this or can you save beforehand?

I admit this isn't really the best incentive out there due to its unreliability. This is how it works:

The Black Knight fight is at the END of Chapter 27. This chapter typically takes about 5 minutes before the actual fight, but I can't actually do a permanent save (only a temporary Suspend). This means each time I attempt to fight, and I fail (win chance is roughly 70%ish), I have to either just stick with it and continue the run, or try the entire chapter again. Note that the chapter itself is a more dangerous chapter, so I really really would prefer not to do this.

Technically one could try the temporary suspend, exit the game, copy the gamecube save file into a different memory card, then if I fail, reload the gamecube file through the Wii menu for every attempt. But I just confirmed that my Wii can't copy Path of Radiance (both japanese and english for whatever reason) so this is unfortunately not an option.

tl;dr yes it's one-shot.

I could also offer incentives to name forged weapons but I didn't think it would be a strong one since viewers would very rarely see their names anyways; naming weapons doesn't have near much impact as naming an actual character
Menu Faster!
Quote:
Etrian Odyssey II - Does this run have to be done on the JP version or could the English version be used?
Naming 7 of the characters. Does the JP version support English letters?  What are the 7 characters, and are all 7 used equally in the run?

- This run must be done on Japanese to abuse a version specific bug.
- The game does support English letters.
- The characters are a Survivalist, 2 Hexers, 2 Gunners, 1 Troubadour, and 1 Ronin, each with 8 letters to use for a name.
- The run uses 8 characters but only 7 are used for the majority of the run, the party members used are used equally.
Edit history:
Keizaron: 2018-02-14 05:19:36 am
Pokemon Crystal Incentives:

Bidwar for Feraligatr vs Entei route - How do the routes differ?  Does this affect the estimate and/or naming incentives?

The routes change the order of gyms and how most of the fights are handled.  Estimate is not affected by this; only the Entei nickname incentive would be affected by the bidwar.

Can the trainer/rival be named?

Rival can be named.  I am unsure if trainer can be named yet; trainer name may or may not affect manipulation for Entei.

Something else too is Poliwag/Dratini.  Those two should probably be combined into one incentive since I'd only get one or the other.
Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix HD Incentives:

I think Critical as an incentive is good, but it might end up being too much to prepare for. If that ends up being the case I would definitely let you guys know well in advance.

I would like to note that Atlantica on its own is 5 songs, so the gummi singing incentive should be limited to like, probably 3 songs? I'm not sure about this yet but having more than that sounds like a LOT of singing.
Edit history:
GhostKingG1: 2018-02-14 09:04:46 pm
Why Hello it is Me
Partners in Time:
Glitch Exhibition (NA and late-game exclusive glitches) - estimate for this?

Should be 10 minutes tops. There are some cool glitches, but none that require a lot of setup.

The Custom Robo player name can have some special characters (@, &, $, Heart, etc.).

Also for Standard color, for the Robo bidwar is White for Ray 01 and Brown for Metal Ape, so in the description for that incentive it should include that.
Edit history:
Adamtimothy0: 2018-02-16 05:34:38 pm
Adamtimothy0: 2018-02-16 05:07:02 pm
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD
Name the main 3 Dream Eater party members [11 character limit].  Do the Dream Eaters have types or default names (for labelling the bid wars)?

The Dream Eaters are a Sudo Neku and 2 Majik Lapins. For route purposes I dedicate one Majik Lapin for use with Sora and the other with Riku so they can be differentiated by just labeling them as Sora's and Riku's Majik Lapins.
Quote from PJ:
Incentive revisions for Dragon View:

-I may be confident enough to add an incentive to showcase the Grand Memory Clobber.  In theory, this would add only about...10 minutes?  I'd have to make a 30-40 second detour to save, and replay one dungeon.  I had concerns before about the risk of such a run (if I die at all before then, the GMC is impossible to trigger, and it has an extremely slim chance of deleting save data), but after performing 40 Grand Memory Clobbers on console last week, not a single one deleted save data, and a large majority of my runs didn't die.  If SNES flash carts are able to hold battery saves, I could just prepare a backup save on one of those that week to account for the chance of lost save data.  The filename wouldn't match anymore, though.  If I do die, I'd feel kind of bad about having met the incentive but not having a chance to actually fulfill it.

In the end, I'll leave it up to the organizers.  I think the risk is rather small (maybe 10%), but it is still somewhat irresponsible to not be able to guarantee a fulfilled incentive.

Time added for GMC: 10 min
Time added for GMC if I die at the only dangerous spot and reload from last possible save: 25 min

That sounds fine to me, if we add 10 min to cover the GMC showcase, then even the +25 min scenario shouldn't cause the run to go over estimate by too much.

Yeah, the SD2SNES flash cart uses virtual battery saves basically the same as emulators do (and you can even use an SD card to copy over SRAM files made on an emulator, or vice versa).  There will be plenty of them onsite (including my own), and we could maybe cut off the naming incentive in advance so you have enough time to make a backup file with the right filename.

I can't help but feel like this is destined to happen though, given that Dragondarch needed to use a flash cart to finish his Drakkhen I run, due to the game breaking on him mid-run...

Quote from Yagamoth:
I would need to test how much longer an English run would be on console via flashcart for English to know more details (I'll likely only get to it sometime next month though) - but I'm reasonably certain, that English has an extraordinary amount more text and slower cutscenes regardless of emulator-lag

That'd be appreciated if you have the time to test.  If we are talking a significantly slower run with the English patch, then we'll stick to Japanese and count on you and your commentary crew to explain the story and menus.

Quote from Drifting Skies:
Some more fleshing out on Legaia incentives, what they mean, how they change the run, etc.

Thanks for the info, for now let's plan on having the Lapis fight as the post-game incentive and hold off on the Master Course and ending choice unless we get ahead of schedule and have extra time for post-game stuff.

Quote from Z-Saber:
The two Prinnies I automatically get at the start of the game have randomized names and I can't change them until about 10 minutes in. I can opt to create 2 extra Prinnies and name those instead, which can be done in the first minute of the run. It's probably faster overall to do this over the first option.

Would also like to offer an incentive for defeating just Baal the way I would do it in the 'Defeat Baal' speedrun. It should take about 5 extra minutes. I'll be loading a save already set up to fight Baal with the grinding segments already done, and will also have the playtime visible, so people can see that it's possible. I'll go over the setup that we work towards after unlocking Carnage Dimension, then do the fight.

As long as the named Prinnies get screentime during the run, that's fine.

Estimate updated.

Fine with adding the Baal fight as a post-game incentive - I'll let you decide whether that or the Massive Damage Demonstration is the better note to end on.

Quote from mrprmiller:
Yes, the Heroine can be named.  We could easily add a naming incentive, but the name is such a small part of the game it may not be worth it.  Your call.  Smiley

Let's just have the heroine's class be the bid war for the run then.

Quote from kirbymastah:
tl;dr yes it's one-shot.

Let's wait and see what the schedule for that day is, and add in 1 attempt at the Black Knight if we're short on incentives that day.

Quote from Rosael:
- This run must be done on Japanese to abuse a version specific bug.
- The game does support English letters.
- The characters are a Survivalist, 2 Hexers, 2 Gunners, 1 Troubadour, and 1 Ronin, each with 8 letters to use for a name.
- The run uses 8 characters but only 7 are used for the majority of the run, the party members used are used equally.

With that many characters, let's just do a 'Name the characters' bid war and use the top 7 names (rather than separate bid was for each one).

Quote from Keizaron:
Bidwar for Feraligatr vs Entei route - How do the routes differ?  Does this affect the estimate and/or naming incentives?

The routes change the order of gyms and how most of the fights are handled.  Estimate is not affected by this; only the Entei nickname incentive would be affected by the bidwar.

Can the trainer/rival be named?

Rival can be named.  I am unsure if trainer can be named yet; trainer name may or may not affect manipulation for Entei.

Something else too is Poliwag/Dratini.  Those two should probably be combined into one incentive since I'd only get one or the other.

Sounds good - so if the Feraligatr route is chosen, we'd nickname Feraligatr instead of Entei?

We'll plan on naming the rival then - if you find you're able to name trainer safely, we'll add that too.

We'll do 1 incentive for Poliwag/Dratini

Quote from TehRizzle:
Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix HD Incentives:

I think Critical as an incentive is good, but it might end up being too much to prepare for. If that ends up being the case I would definitely let you guys know well in advance.

I would like to note that Atlantica on its own is 5 songs, so the gummi singing incentive should be limited to like, probably 3 songs? I'm not sure about this yet but having more than that sounds like a LOT of singing.

Sounds great - if you end up not feeling comfortable preparing both difficulties, let's just plan on dong Critical (assuming that's ok).

We can do the Disney songs for Gummi missions earlier in the run, so it doesn't run up against Atlantica.

Can we get cutoff times for the AS and Sephiroth fights?
Why Hello it is Me
Adding an incentive for Partners in Time: 2p1c (or 1 3DS in this case) the "prologue" of the game, from the beginning up until the double shroob fight just under 20 minutes in. This would make the intro more entertaining. Snoion is also on board. As its a relatively small incentive I think it should be priced on the lower end, but its still something to add.
Quote from puwexil:
Sounds good - so if the Feraligatr route is chosen, we'd nickname Feraligatr instead of Entei?

We'll plan on naming the rival then - if you find you're able to name trainer safely, we'll add that too.

We'll do 1 incentive for Poliwag/Dratini

Since Totodile can be nicknamed, Feraligatr will carry that nickname over assuming Feraligatr wins the bidwar, so we don't need to do anything fancy there. 
Edit history:
PinkPajamas: 2018-02-19 10:02:51 pm
Changes:
Due to a new found dash button It's Our Revolution's estimate is now 25 minutes (from 35).
Incentives for Digital Devil Saga:
The character bidwar we could probably call "Which Endgame Characters should be used?". Top 2 of Argilla, Heat, Gale and Cielo.
I did some testing and came up with an estimate to add a King Frost optional boss incentive at the end of the game at +15 minutes.
The Nocturne Hard TDE boss / endgame showcase from Ghoul's Persona 4 pitch could also be added for DDS if you'd like (I'd be the one doing it anyway).
Quote from puwexil:
Sounds great - if you end up not feeling comfortable preparing both difficulties, let's just plan on dong Critical (assuming that's ok).

We can do the Disney songs for Gummi missions earlier in the run, so it doesn't run up against Atlantica.

Can we get cutoff times for the AS and Sephiroth fights?

Yep fine with just doing critical if that ends up being necessary.

Disney songs early sounds good.

For the AS fights, I'd want to know by the end of 1000 Heartless(usually finished around 2:15:00 into the run). For Sephiroth, if done separately, the cutoff would just be before I enter the final boss rush (roughly 3:45:00 - 4:00:00 depending on if I did AS fights or not)
Quote:
Show "bad" ending (This would add 10 minutes, trying to see if I can lower it still) - do you have a video of this?

I took a brief video describing the ending.  I also realized this incentive will only cost me 1-2 minutes because of loading checkpoints:

I came up for an idea for a new incentive, to visit the card dealer.  I made a short video describing it.  The incentive would add 1-2 minutes to my run, but would still keep run under estimate:
INTJ
Quote:
That'd be appreciated if you have the time to test.  If we are talking a significantly slower run with the English patch, then we'll stick to Japanese and count on you and your commentary crew to explain the story and menus.

We'll explain those whether you want it or not Smiley

Also, I forgot to answer the other question, the characters to be named are:
- Cress (Main Hero, Swordsman)
- Chester (Archer / Hunter)
- Mint (Healer / cleric)
- Klarth (Also: Clause || Summoner)
- Arche (Mage / Spellcaster on a broom)

You can change the names at any point during the run by going into their status menu
The RPGLB 2018 schedule has been posted at https://goo.gl/Tf4bgA (in MDT/GMT-6, an auto-converting version will follow).

All scheduled/backup runners must be registered & paid by 4/1 to maintain their spot.
Runners, let puwexil know if your timeslot doesn't work (late-week timeslots are in very high demand, so flexibility is appreciated).
Good with time slot and glad to see incentives were accepted, can't wait for RPGLB!
INTJ
Additional suggestion for a Tales of Phantasia incentive: Let Chester defeat the final boss. Here's an example where the original Japanese TAS ends inputs super early, because Chester being AI controlled would eventually win the battle:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23765801

Please note, that the TAS does not pick up the bow, that lets Chester do a little over 1000 damage (Which is in my route by default), so it takes a total of about 6 minutes to defeat the final boss this way. Without testing, I'd estimate, that Chester by his lonesome self would be able to beat the final boss in about 2.5 - 3 minutes

I'm not sure what a good name would be for the incentive, but I'm sure we could come up with something clever