MetaSigma: 2017-03-11 05:41:59 pm
MetaSigma: 2017-03-09 08:29:46 pm
MetaSigma: 2017-03-09 08:27:50 pm
MetaSigma: 2017-03-08 06:44:56 pm
MetaSigma: 2017-03-07 06:34:28 pm
Evermore Extrodinare ᕦ(° Д°)ᕤ
The purposes of this thread are to:
- Arrange roommates for hotel rooms
- Organize onsite activities (such as tournaments, bowling, etc.)
- Organize post-marathon activities during bonus days

If you are looking for roommates, please include the dates you will be attending RPG Limit Break, how many roommates you're looking for, and whether or not you plan to book the room yourself. Note that there is a maximum of 4 occupants per room.
As it currently stands (Please let me know if this has changed)

GhostKingG1 - May 15th - May 20th (Looking for 1 more with about the same schedule)
DanGodOfThunder May 12th - May 20th (Looking for up to 3 and will book room as well)
Gamer0278 12th - 20/21st (Looking for 3 roomies) (Potential with DanGodofThunder?)
Felly - May 14 - 19th (looking for 1 more)
Sylverfyre - May 13 - 16th (looking for 1 more) (Potentially Ely for the 13th - 14th?)
johannhowitzer May 12th - 20th (Looking for a full room 3 roomies)
Thatidiotyouhate May 16th - May 18th (Potentially with Felly?)
Ely - May 13th (Come in Sat Morning leaving Sunday Evening) - 14th

If you would like to organize an onsite activity or tournament, post in here so I can add it to the list. Also, suggestions for any activities during or after the marathon are welcome.
Thread title:  
Edit history:
AtlasJackson: 2017-03-13 06:35:42 pm
AtlasJackson: 2017-03-07 10:43:31 pm
AtlasJackson: 2017-03-05 04:57:20 pm
I'm looking for roommates, any number. I'm arriving the night of the 12th, and leaving the afternoon of the 20th, and hoping to spend a lot of time helping out with the event. I'd prefer not to book the room, but I'm flexible on that.

Well... our fourth just backed out. If anyone is looking for space, we have a room booked and we're looking for a fourth. PM me if you're interested.

I'm booked up. Thanks, guys!
Cant book the room(no credit card) have roommated before willing and tottaly okay with sleeping on the floor (i probably will be napping at random times Will be there for set up and maybe trhe 2 bonus days if the room im in will be there for that long
I'll be arriving late on the 12th and remaining until late on the 20th.  I already have my roomie arrangements made, but I'm going to cram some board games in to my luggage and some D&D PDFs on to my tablet if people want to get their non-electronic nerd on while we're out there.
Planning to bring along my solid DDR pad for some DDR fun, whether it be actual DDR or if you're curious how your speedrun would be on a ddr pad.  Forgot to mention it's for PS1/PS2.
Live and Learn, Die and Learn Faster
I plan to check in Saturday the 13th and to check out of my room Friday the 19th (I will be staying elsewhere in the valley Friday night after the marathon finishes, and will be staying there the night of the 12th when I arrive in the city as well).  I plan to book a room for myself, but wouldn't mind one or more roommates to help fray costs.
I'm interested in splitting a room. Right now I'm thinking of arriving the 13th and leaving on the 20th. I don't mind booking the room with my credit card, but that might not work for people arriving on the 12th if you need the credit card on checkin. I would also be willing to pay an equal share on a room even if others are staying more nights (i.e., arriving on the 12th), since it would still be much cheaper than booking on my own.

Also, does anyone know of any good nearby outdoor activities (hiking trails maybe)? Would be a shame not to get out and enjoy the mountain scenery that time of year Smiley
Why Hello it is Me
I will be arriving the afternoon/evening of May 15 and leaving May 20th, along with one other whom it looks likely I'll be rooming with. Looking for additional roommates who will be arriving a bit later in such a way that the final bill is less than the full week. No room reserved yet, but I can make the call.
Going to be arriving on the 13th, Leaving on the 20th, before Noon.

Looking for up to 3 roommates, I would be happy to reserve the room for the 12th if necessary and if we do so, I will still pay for my portion of the room for that night despite not occupying.

Attended SGDQ15-AGDQ17, so I do have familiarity with the roommate culture/dynamic. Will be bringing Munchkin and Avalon as well.

I am able to book the room and would honestly prefer to do so.
steak Steak STEAK!!!
Dumb question since I've never been to one of these:

How much food, if any, is provided as part of the attendance fee / hotel accommodations, and how much should we budget for outside food?  I ask since money is a little tight as a grad student and I want to have some idea of how much I should plan to budget.

Also, I don't know if this is a good place to post about it, but to puwexil specifically, what would be a good way to contact you about paying for registration through non-PayPal means?
Why Hello it is Me
^

Ordinarily I would say budget at least 100$ if you know how to make it stretch, however last year NAMI offered lunch catering so I ended up not actually spending much money on food at all the whole week. I still think having some extra cash would be a good idea just because it's a good idea for travel, but if it's like last year, you can probably find a way to stretch a little bit a long ways easier than at other marathons.  Breakfast at the hotel is free for people staying there. If it's anything like last year, it's not fantastic but it's very much edible and there's stuff like fruit and cereal if you don't feel like anything else there.
Quote from Drifting Skies:
Dumb question since I've never been to one of these:

How much food, if any, is provided as part of the attendance fee / hotel accommodations, and how much should we budget for outside food?  I ask since money is a little tight as a grad student and I want to have some idea of how much I should plan to budget.

Also, I don't know if this is a good place to post about it, but to puwexil specifically, what would be a good way to contact you about paying for registration through non-PayPal means?

The hotel will provide free breakfast buffet (And it's a GOOD spread too). I believe 1 meal a day is being provided by NAMI and usually it's a really good catered well cooked meal. 100 does indeed sound like a good number incase you get hungry before either of those meals arrive. I usually budget 200 myself (Since I eat like I have a 3rd and 4th hollow leg).
Edit history:
The Sid: 2017-03-11 12:50:45 pm
The Sid: 2017-03-09 06:44:35 pm
raising the stakes on being bad!
im loking for 2-3 more to join a room. or if they need pepole to fill a spot in there room. the dates i was thinking of are 12 to 21 but im flexible/  like first day 13 last day 20 or 19 is really needed.
Just like dan I've den around so I know the marathon scene if you feel like you need a room mate with experience. Best place to get me is twitter The_S1d if you must pm me on this site on drop a line on the board I'm keeping an I on it.
Edit history:
Hoishin: 2017-03-07 11:45:46 am
Hoishin: 2017-03-04 05:42:08 pm
Hoishin: 2017-03-03 11:23:29 pm
Hoishin: 2017-03-03 11:15:55 pm
ホイシンソース
I'm arriving evening of 12 May and leaving afternoon of 20 May. Looking for room or roommates who will stay from 12th, and at least until 17th (I have an alternative for 18-20). I'm from Japan so I don't know if I can make a call to the hotel from here. I'm totally fine with sleeping on the floor or couch, because I don't sleep on bed (we have fancy Futon culture).

(edit) Also I'll be staying at Portland Airport on 20 May at night, if anyone by any chance is doing it on same day.
Edit history:
Keypaladin: 2017-03-15 07:28:58 pm
The Wayward Wanderer
I'm in need of roommates.  I plan to arrive on the 12th, and plan to be onsite until the 21st.  Those willing to take me into their room plans, send me a message either via Discord PM, or a PM via this site. ^__^

(Edit: Got room plans now.)
Professional Second Banana
Quote from DavidK5:
Also, does anyone know of any good nearby outdoor activities (hiking trails maybe)? Would be a shame not to get out and enjoy the mountain scenery that time of year Smiley

Ogden Waterfall Canyon (https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/utah/waterfall-canyon-trail) is a pretty nice hike I went on several years ago, though it's about a 45 min drive out of town.  I'm sure there's other good hike points closer to SLC proper too.
Insanity Prelude
I may need a room depending on whether or not people I've contacted still have space in their accomodations. Looking to arrive on Sat/Sun and stay until Wednesday night (so only need the room until Tuesday).
Edit history:
Dowolf: 2017-03-09 06:06:18 pm
I'm arriving on the 12th, leaving on the 20th, and am looking for roommates.

I've got a full group now, so feel free to take me off the opening-post list.
Edit history:
someDDRnoob: 2017-05-08 09:21:59 pm
Stream monster
Mystic Mondays live anyone? i.e. live Final Fantasy Mystic Quest race some time on Monday, a preview to the race on Thursday.

So far, interested racers are:

someDDRnoob
cha0s
sylverfyre
takazeTV
Gerrick1 (possibly)

Anyone's welcome to join as long as we have enough setups.
Pudding%
Quote from puwexil:
Quote from DavidK5:

Ogden Waterfall Canyon (https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/utah/waterfall-canyon-trail) is a pretty nice hike I went on several years ago, though it's about a 45 min drive out of town.  I'm sure there's other good hike points closer to SLC proper too.

We're halfway up the trail!
Sorry Sid, atm I'm waiting on my 4th and I had a few other people ask me as well. If all those plans fall through I'll let you know bud Smiley
Hey everyone, my girlfriend and I will be there May 14-18 effectively and want to try to hit up an escape room or two while we are down there. Are there other people interested in going to try one? lemme know!
Looking for roomies, am able to make reservations if needed and planning on staying the night of the 12th thru the 19th or 20th depending on timetables.
Quote from Rislyeu:
Looking for roomies, am able to make reservations if needed and planning on staying the night of the 12th thru the 19th or 20th depending on timetables.

If you haven't yet I would suggest poking AtlasJackson now that a 4th is needed there.
Edit history:
delorlort: 2017-03-08 09:52:10 pm
delorlort: 2017-03-08 09:51:50 pm
Im looking for roommates 1-3. planning on 12th-20th I should not be the one to book because I will not know if I will get there either the 12th, 13th, 14th or 15th. I will still pay for the days I am not there so one or more people are not stuck paying more because of my work and not being able to fill my spot for the days leading up to the marathon.