<- 12345 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Everyday is puppies and sunshine...
Quote from Germench:
So, with the finale date realized, I think that this a good opportunity to ask, wether Germench can again restream RPGLB this year? We have restreamed the last two RPGLBs for the German-Speaking Audience and many members of us are fans of the marathon. So it would be an honor for us, if we could again receive the restreamingrights. Thanks.

And Germench won the Quest for Glory naming rights last year, too!  Cheesy  They restream and support!  Smiley
Professional Second Banana
Quote from Germench:
So, with the finale date realized, I think that this a good opportunity to ask, wether Germench can again restream RPGLB this year? We have restreamed the last two RPGLBs for the German-Speaking Audience and many members of us are fans of the marathon. So it would be an honor for us, if we could again receive the restreamingrights. Thanks.

Absolutely - we'd love to have your help again!
We are Germench! We are Rummel!
That's awesome. Thanks, we're looking forward it.
any idea if there is something for a french restream?
Edit history:
puwexil: 2017-02-07 03:24:39 pm
Quote from Jeannotbdf:
any idea if there is something for a french restream?

Yes, twitch.tv/lefrenchrestream (the community that's now doing French restreams for AGDQ and other big events) has graciously agreed to do one for us too.  Still in the early planning stages, but we'll let you know when we have more specifics.
ok, i can be some "relay" with them if needed, as i worked with them for last agdq too.
Games list has been posted to https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/rpg_limit_break_2017__game_submission_thread_submissions_closed__games_list_release_in_february_138.html, and the schedule will be done later in February.

Also, we expect to have final hotel reservation info ready next week, along with starting event registration and volunteer signups.
Edit history:
puwexil: 2017-02-18 01:43:51 pm
1st post updated with venue and hotel reservation info, and links to event registration, volunteer signup, and prize offer forms.

Incentives are still being worked out, and should be decided by end of month, along with the marathon schedule.
Silly question.  Are we to get an email confirming registration?  Just want to make sure because I had some registration issues at AGDQ (which were my part) and I didn't want to have that repeat for LimitBreak.
I'll get registration confirmation e-mails sent out in a week or so, once things have settled down with the schedule.  In the meantime, your registration/payment were both received.
Ok awesome!  Really appreciated Puwexil!  Just didn't want to think i was missing anything!
Live and Learn, Die and Learn Faster
Regarding attendance fees--I have a sister who is local (whom I stayed with the entirety of the event last year and commuted to the hotel) and who would like to attend the event, however, due to her circumstances (she just had her second child, most significantly) she could only attend one or maybe two days; is it possible for her to purchase a daily pass at the door or does she need to pre-register for the event to attend at all?
So with the Schedule posted, I'd like to ask all the runners, it is possible to share their notes with the restreamers. Not all of us are RPG-Speedrun-Experts, so having notes would be a tremendous help, restreaming RPGLB. Thanks in advance.
1st post updated - pleased to welcome cleartonic to RPGLB Staff, who will be helping with social media/promotion, stream presentation, and putting together an interview team.

Also wanted to call attention to the 1st post update on hotel booking - the Guest House now has an online reservation system, but that system is not compatible with our event block (so it will show higher room prices, and may incorrectly show no rooms available).  If anyone uses the online system to book your room, you will need to let RPGLB Staff (Brossentia or MetaSigma) know so we can get the hotel to switch you to our discounted event rate.

Quote from MSKain:
Regarding attendance fees--I have a sister who is local (whom I stayed with the entirety of the event last year and commuted to the hotel) and who would like to attend the event, however, due to her circumstances (she just had her second child, most significantly) she could only attend one or maybe two days; is it possible for her to purchase a daily pass at the door or does she need to pre-register for the event to attend at all?

We're not planning to do onsite registration as the attendance cap is certainly going to be hit in advance, and we also don't have a means to securely collect/deposit in-person payments.  If your sister is just planning to make a brief appearance or two, we're fine with that as an extension of our free attendance policy for accompanied minors.  If she wants to attend for longer stretches and/or attend separately from you, we'd prefer if she registered as a normal attendee.
steak Steak STEAK!!!
@Puwexil: Mentioned this in a different thread, but I think it was overlooked.  Where should we contact you to make alternative payment arrangements for those of us who don't use PayPal?
Quote from Drifting Skies:
@Puwexil: Mentioned this in a different thread, but I think it was overlooked.  Where should we contact you to make alternative payment arrangements for those of us who don't use PayPal?

SDA Forum or Discord PM (via the server linked in the 1st post) would work best.
Live and Learn, Die and Learn Faster
Quote from puwexil:
We're not planning to do onsite registration as the attendance cap is certainly going to be hit in advance, and we also don't have a means to securely collect/deposit in-person payments.  If your sister is just planning to make a brief appearance or two, we're fine with that as an extension of our free attendance policy for accompanied minors.  If she wants to attend for longer stretches and/or attend separately from you, we'd prefer if she registered as a normal attendee.

Kk, thanks, I'll let her know!
Couple of announcements/reminders:

We just hit 150 registrations.  We confirmed with the hotel that there's more rooms available to add to our block, so we're going to increase the cap to 175 (which should be final unless there's a surge of interest and the hotel has more capacity to support it).

There was a slight change to hotel room costs from last year that we the staff overlooked until now - pre-tax cost will be $109/night for 1-2 people, $119/night for 3 people, and $129/night for 4 people (not $119/night for 4 people as last year).  Our apologies for the miscommunication.

Reminder to notify Brossentia or MetaSigma if you use the hotel's online booking system to reserve your room, otherwise you'll be outside our block and pay a higher rate (and RPGLB won't get credit for your room towards our contract).

Attendance fee payment deadline is 4/1 - I'll be sending e-mail reminders to unpaid people in the next few days.

Runners, please check the list of approved donation incentives in the games thread 1st post (https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/rpg_limit_break_2017__game_submission_thread_schedule_posted.html), and notify djtifaheart or myself if you have any in red/blue text (which need additional info from you).
Just a thought, with Twitch's new(?) policy on dropping streams after 48 hours is there a need for some sort of planned break scheduled into the marathon every ~48 hours?
We're planning to schedule restarts of the stream once every ~24 hours during setup blocks, to prevent the 48-hour stream limit from disrupting runs.
Edit history:
puwexil: 2017-04-08 02:48:58 pm
1st event banner, courtesy of LLK/Jazaaboo, with a SaGa/StarTropics theme.
Would it be possible, that we restreamers can receive and early look at the layouts used for the marathon, so that we can adapt our restreaminglayouts to it? Thanks!
Quote from Germench:
Would it be possible, that we restreamers can receive and early look at the layouts used for the marathon, so that we can adapt our restreaminglayouts to it? Thanks!

Feel free to contact Vulajin by PM for that.
2 more banners from LLK/Jazaaboo, featuring Sweet Home and the Critters of RPGs:

steak Steak STEAK!!!
Since the volunteer schedule was posted, I had a question that arose as a result:

How will registration work for those of us arriving after 6:00 PM on Saturday, May 13?  I am going to be making the 11 hour drive up that day and don't anticipate arriving until closer to 9:00 PM.