Smiley
Sad
<- 1234
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Late to the party as always, but I can provide commentary for the Ancient Cave run if ThatsFairZack requires the assistance.
Hey Falex. I don't necessarily require more than 2 commentators, it's more of a want. I think I've promised 4 people they could commentate on the run already. But as I've stated before, it is my belief with a run like AC, it thrives and showcases the run when there is multiple knowledgable runners watching and giving their input since it is all reactionary commentary, and everyone has a unique reaction and opinion towards a situational moment that none of us have seen before.

I'm not sure if there's a limit beyond 4 people commentating, so if someone can clarify this, that would be great. So if there's always room for one more is love to have as many people as I can get up there. It's not only great for the run, but it also allows me to be as comfortable as I need to be, knowing there's enough people there to keep me calm and back me up or correct me.
If anyone is going to truly respond to that it would be Vulajin.  It's a space issue as much as anything else - the mic has to be able to pick up everyone, and people who are farther away will be harder to hear.  I won't say we're against having people who aren't even on the couch providing some commentary just yet, but if so they'd definitely have to speak up, and all commentators would have to work around each other.
Worked out plans to attend at virtually the last minute, so a bit late to this thread, but LewdDolphin welcomed me to the couch for FFXIII.
Oh by the way, I'll obviously take my boys Elmagus and PinkPajamas for SD3.
Puwexil / Aether are great for DQIII couch.
Why Hello it is Me
I'm pretty much set for the Ys Origin couch being PinkPajamas, BowieTheHero and DMCAether.
Edit history:
Driscollad: 2016-04-05 10:24:45 am
Late reply due to curling all weekend (remember that chaos C4L folks???)

With the expected layout, we're thinking we could get max 5-6 on camera comfortably, but sound issues might play in. Above all that, 18 people on camera commentating = 18 people talking over each other. There's a reason you never see more than 5 on sportscasts, and never more than 3 during play-by-play. It's a flow issue.

On some of the longer runs, ie. Shining Force 2, we have 4 commentators planned. It's only because it's very difficult for one or two people to talk about a run for 7 hours. Many of you will easily argue that, but realize when you stream for 12 hours at times, you talk about a million things, not the run itself.

The KH runs have solid community representation showing up, the couch can be decided on-site. Everything else is looking good.
Pudding%
After thinking it over (and noticing that the FF1 GBA couch looks a little light), I'd like to offer to commentate for it. I've played through it a couple times, including the bonus content. Just need to watch Gyre's run to familiarize with the route.
Edit history:
Driscollad: 2016-04-14 07:42:15 am
Thanks Darch. We weren't the least bit concerned with Gyre being solo as he's a commentary beast, but the both of you together is pretty all-star.

Final Fantasy Adventure is new to the schedule, and like Gyre, Bowie is quite capable in commentary. I'm sure he'd like a companion for the couch regardless
I'll be joining Bowie for FFA commentary.  Already talked it over with him.
dat jerk
With three runners (two of them switching off) for FFX-2, we should be fine on commentary with just us. There will always be one runner free during a chapter, so that runner will be able to provide commentary along with any comments from the other two.
bichGOAL
I accept Puwexil and elmagus for ff5. It'd be cool to have one more lined up just in case, but I'm sure it'll be fine.
Confirming Stinger for FFA
Wanted to throw a quick, important update in here: we're going to be using headsets this year, so commentary will have a hard cap of 4 participants (counting runners). Please make sure you plan accordingly. (Apologies for the late notice, but this is a rather recent change.)
Co-founder: Etrosgate.com
Will we be able to rotate commentators during a run?
Edit history:
Vulajin: 2016-04-22 04:19:36 pm
Generally I'd prefer that we didn't, but as long as you're careful with the headsets (if you whack the mic while taking it off or putting it on, the stream will hear it), it should be fine to switch very sporadically.
If I could be removed from the commentary for Shining Force 2, and  VP2 I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for the consideration.