Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Brossentia: 2016-05-08 02:43:50 pm
Brossentia: 2016-04-26 09:49:21 pm
Brossentia: 2016-04-26 09:49:12 pm
Brossentia: 2016-04-26 09:42:41 pm
Brossentia: 2016-04-26 09:42:24 pm
No pain, no gain
Hello, everyone! We have just about a week and a half until people start showing up in Salt Lake City for the event. I'm thrilled, but I realize people may not know exactly how to get there. Here's a quick guide along with some information about other places to visit while you are there.

TRAX Information

UTA TRAX is Salt Lake Valley’s light rail system. It has three main lines – the Red, Green and Blue Line. University Guest House is situated adjacent to the Fort Douglas stop on the Red Line, near the end of the route. To reach the Guest House from downtown, board the Red Line at Court House.

To reach the Guest House from the Airport, take the Green Line to Court House and transfer to the Red Line to University. For a detailed map visit the UTA TRAX website. The one way fare to and from the airport is $2.50.

To reach the Airport from the Guest House, take the Red Line to Court House and transfer to the Green Line to Airport.

When you get off TRAX, cross the bridge and walk straight until you see signs directing you to the hotel.

Many of Salt Lake City’s major attractions, from Temple Square and Trolley Square to EnergySolutions Arena and the Gateway District, are easily accessible from TRAX stops.

Address

For those of you driving and with a GPS device, feel free to use this address to get to the hotel:

University Guest House
110 South Fort Douglas Blvd.
Salt Lake City, UT 84113-5036

Google Maps directions from I15 South.
Google Maps directions from I15 North.

Extra Locations

While there is a good deal of food fairly nearby, there's a good chance you may need a ride to those locations. The university has a free shuttle that will take you there; this will be open most of the day. As a courtesy, I ask that you leave a small tip if using the shuttle. I believe we'll keep them busy, and this will be a great way to keep the employees happy.

If you wish to visit further downtown than what's on this map, I would suggest either asking the hotel if the shuttle will go that far or hopping on TRAX.  Most of the downtown sites can be access riding the red TRAX line. This map has more information about the various routes, but if you have questions about how to reach any specific locations, feel free to ask. I'll give you answers as detailed as possible.
Thread title:  
The best way out is always through!
You had me at "dinosaurs".
Great info -- thanks for putting this together, Brossentia!
Edit history:
puwexil: 2016-05-04 05:36:18 pm
puwexil: 2016-05-04 12:28:24 pm
Professional Second Banana
Had a couple people ask about the TRAX line - I'd plan on the trip taking about an hour each way (it's only about 12 miles, but there are other stops, you'll need to switch trains midway, and the train station is about a block away from the hotel).  Overall we recommend TRAX because of the low cost ($2.50 each way), but if you'd like a faster trip or want to avoid the block walk (ie heavy luggage or disability), we recommend checking out the hotel's taxi/shuttle options listed at http://www.universityguesthouse.com/Location-Transportation instead.  I just checked out the Express Shuttle option, and their listed fare is $19 each way.
All the things
May or may not be the right place to ask, but what's the weather like there? Should we be packing shorts and summer clothes or plan for chillier stuff?
expect weather around mid 70's temperature often, with the occasional showers. so bring a light jacket.
Everything's better with Magitek
Pretty much what osey said. Temperatures this next week are supposed to be in the 60-70 degree range, with a slight possibility of rain.
Hey guys, i was just looking up to see if there was a good laundry spot available near the University Guest house and here's what I got as the closest

Rose Laundry
900 300 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84102, United States

Sunshine Center
378 1100 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84105, United States

If you're like me and like to pack light, this might be a good idea to cut down on the amount of clothes you have to bring.