Smiley
Sad
<- 12345678
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I unfortunately will have to withdraw from RPGLB. The Marathon is scheduled right on finals week of my college and the finals are spaced out all across the week, so it would be impossible for me to attend. The finals are also scheduled by the school, so moving the date and attempting to take the final early is pretty much a non-option.

Hobz should be more than a suitable replacement, he provides eloquent commentary and will be working on his time from now until May to meet my estimate. I hope the marathon is a great success and maybe I can participate next year! (if the scheduling is kinder)
Professional Second Banana
ThatsFairZack: My priorities when making the schedule was giving runs timeslots as fair as possible for their popularity/incentives/fanbase locations.  Runners' normal streaming schedules is not something I'm able to take into account.

bichphuongballz: I'll get it moved to Thursday or later on the next schedule revision.  Going to wait a day or two in case we have other drops or availability changes.

mrprmiller: Yeah, I'd wait at least a week or two for the schedule to mostly settle down.

Bl00dyBizkitz: Sorry to hear - I'll reassign 1.5 to JHobz and make spikevegeta the new backup runner.  Hope you can make a future event!
Everyday is puppies and sunshine...
No problem.  Cheesy  I'll keep my eye on this.
Professional Race Slut
To note, I'll be there the whole week. I love the current timeslot for 1.5, but I'm flexible if you need to shift stuff around. I'll be in touch if it looks like the estimate ends up being too rough, but even if it is, we won't have to bump it by more than 5 minutes at most. Bl00dy's prowess will be missed; I'll do my best to make you proud buddy. Smiley
Now that the schedule is posted and SF2 is going to have one of the latenight runs (definitely something I anticipated) I did just want to bring up (and ask) about the possibility of doing a race of SF2 instead of a co-op run. Here's my thoughts:

Pros of a race: It's a competition! And a lot of fun! Bowie and I have raced before and had a very nice turnout and we definitely plan on racing more as the event approaches. He and I use similar but different strategies, something we would be able to showcase. It's also a longer RPG, meaning that having two players going can help during some of the deadtime that naturally occurs from cutscenes and more boring battles that do happen. There is randomness in the run (what game doesn't) but generally, SF2 is a very safe game to run in that even bad RNG doesn't put you 10 or 30 minutes behind. Because we have a latenight slot, a race, to me, feels like it would do better at keeping everyone awake and energized.

Cons of a race: Neither Bowie nor myself would be on the couch commentating obviously. We are looking at getting some knowledgeable people to do that for us, but obviously having the best in the world at it does help. A race, no matter how short, does leave open the possibility that something tragic happens and someone falls far behind. It does happen. The run was already accepted as a Co-op run, so don't change it. Races can deter some of the commentary and we do have a LOT that we want to say about this game.

TLDR
Pros: Arguably more fun, more energized, more strategies to showcase, USA versus UK
Cons: Already accepted as Co-op, races can have issues with RNG and commentary, possibly too much going on with two screens.

Like I said, we're already working on the Co-op strategy for the run, but I am curious to the possibility of a race and/or what other people feel.

Thanks!

~NoWorries
Everyday is puppies and sunshine...
Quote:
I did just want to bring up (and ask) about the possibility of doing a race of SF2 instead of a co-op run.

I would die.  That sounds amazing!!
Quote from puwexil:
ThatsFairZack: My priorities when making the schedule was giving runs timeslots as fair as possible for their popularity/incentives/fanbase locations.  Runners' normal streaming schedules is not something I'm able to take into account.

Completely understand. No worries I was just seeing if I did have other options but my time is on a great day for me and gives me much time to prepare and get comfortable at the event before I go live. Glad it's later in the week. Thanks Puwexil
Why Hello it is Me
Thankfully my finals start on the 18th and my classes are only Monday and Wednesday. My plan is tentatively to be there all week, but while my timeslot is fine and I am flexible in which days to run, I would prefer at least for now not to be moved before Wednesday seeing as I don't know what I may have due on those days and whether or not I can talk to my professors about an alternative (I.e. I might get stuck with school stuff I can't alter). My current slot is just fine though!
Why Hello it is Me
Quote from puwexil:
Ability to reserve rooms at the University Guest House at our event group rate ($109/room night for 1-2 people, $119/room night for 3-4 people) should be starting in the next few weeks.  If you'd rather stay offsite, then go ahead anytime.

Is that per person or in total?
Edit history:
puwexil: 2016-01-24 10:42:31 pm
puwexil: 2016-01-24 10:40:42 pm
GhostKingG1: It's total for the room, so a 4-person room split evenly should be $30-35 per person per night (depending on taxes/etc).

NoWorries: I'd prefer to keep SF2 as a co-op run.  With the length of the run I'd be highly concerned about the players getting separated enough that the race would become uninteresting and hard to follow.  Tactical RPG runs also tend to be a lot more subtle/cerebral in execution than other games, so I'd really like to have the strong commentary that 2 SF2 runners focused on the same run will bring.
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2016-01-25 10:37:14 am
<(^_^)>
Quote from Bl00dyBizkitz:
I unfortunately will have to withdraw from RPGLB. The Marathon is scheduled right on finals week of my college and the finals are spaced out all across the week, so it would be impossible for me to attend. The finals are also scheduled by the school, so moving the date and attempting to take the final early is pretty much a non-option.

Hobz should be more than a suitable replacement, he provides eloquent commentary and will be working on his time from now until May to meet my estimate. I hope the marathon is a great success and maybe I can participate next year! (if the scheduling is kinder)

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Quote from puwexil:
NoWorries: I'd prefer to keep SF2 as a co-op run.  With the length of the run I'd be highly concerned about the players getting separated enough that the race would become uninteresting and hard to follow.  Tactical RPG runs also tend to be a lot more subtle/cerebral in execution than other games, so I'd really like to have the strong commentary that 2 SF2 runners focused on the same run will bring.

But puwexil, don't you remember that KH2 race years ago where both racers were within 10 seconds at the end????
Quote from bichphuongballz:
I will most likely not be able to make my time slot as I will be attending only a portion of the marathon. I could keep the same essential timeslot and have it on Thursday if that is feasible.  Really any time Thursday and beyond is doable. Most likely I'd be arriving late Wednesday night.

I've moved MMBN6 and FF5 to Thursday morning and swapped them with with FF1 and PS4, which was the least disruptive solution I could find.
bichGOAL
I'll be sad to miss PS4, but thank you all the same.
Edit history:
TheZedna: 2016-01-27 05:25:08 am
Party%

And you aren't sad to miss FF1? Thanks Bich Tongue New timeslot is ok for me as I will most likely be there the entire week Smiley
I spoke to the Legend of Mana runners and confirmed that the co-op race teams will be Falexxx1/2bitmarksman and PX/soothingplumtea.
Quote from TheZedna:

And you aren't sad to miss FF1? Thanks Bich Tongue New timeslot is ok for me as I will most likely be there the entire week Smiley

Considering the last FF1 run was an earsore.............. Maybe this one will redeem itself. Wink
My estimate is likely going to be lower by the time the marathon comes around due to all of the new stuff being discovered as of late.  I haven't done a run with saftey in mind yet so I'm not exactly sure what it is yet but I'm guessing 3:10 for now.
Unfortunately Dunsparsley is no longer going to be able to make it, so I've removed Pokemon Emerald from the schedule.  We're going to hold off a bit before deciding if and how to replace it.
Edit history:
GhostKingG1: 2016-02-23 05:42:19 am
Why Hello it is Me
So I just got WR for Ys Origin Toal Any% (1:37:06) and I can consistently get runs under 1:45:00, something I did not think I would get to within 2 months of learning the game, meaning I think my run estimate can be cut another 10 minutes. So if need be for factoring in a replacement run you can add that in.
Brossentia asked to withdraw Fallout 4, so after talking to the games committee we decided to replace it with Final Fantasy Adventure Warpless.  Also raised the estimate for KH 1.5 to 2:55 per JHobz's request.
Why Hello it is Me
I noticed that the times changed, originally Fallout 4 was slated for Thursday, but got moved to Friday and now FFA is where Fallout 4 was, moving all the runs that were between FO4 on Thursday and FFA's current start time back two hours. Is this going to be the schedule going forward?
Fallout 4 was moved at the same time that Final Fantasy 1 was changed from PSP to GBA.  FF1 GBA is about 90 minutes longer than PSP, so we moved FO4 to avoid shifting the rest of the schedule forward too much.
Edit history:
BOWIEtheHERO: 2016-04-12 07:34:28 am
Just reading the above complications and making them work... Mad respect for your scheduling prowess, LB Staff Cheesy

EDIT - Would it be a huge issue by the way, if I told you that between us, NoWorries and I have managed to both get Sub 6 in SF2, and consistently get Sub 6, with worst case scenario being around 6:15-6:20? and that, you might like to reduce the estimate as we would literally smash 7 hours to pieces, the way we're playing right now?

:/
Awesome to hear - I'll go ahead and reduce SFII to 6:30 for now, to account for both bad luck and incentives adding a bit of time to the run.  Let me know as you guys continue to practice if you think it should change further.

Due to extra time being added to the schedule between other estimates increasing and FFA being slightly longer than FO4, I'm going to otherwise leave the schedule as-is.  If we have further drops they'll be replaced from the backup or bonus list.