Smiley
Sad
<- 12345 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My submissions are in order of preference.

Game Name: Mother 3
System: GBA, either Emulator or GCN with GB Player with a flash cart, whichever is more convenient.
Category: Any%
Gameplay Estimate: 7:00:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 20:00
Pros/Cons: This run uses the fan translation. No glitches, so this run is all about using my abilities in smart ways and abusing enemy weaknesses. The party changes constantly, forcing me to adapt and giving fights wildly different strats. These strats are marathon safe, and even if I do die, every dangerous fight has a save point right before it. Enemies are visible, and although they aren't all avoidable, there's some neat dodges. You're guaranteed to run on the third attempt and HP rolls slowly enough that there's never any danger of dying in a random encounter. There's only two parts where I have to grind, but one of them is the most RNG heavy part of the run(basically Mother 3's Metal Slime equivalent). Still, these two sections shouldn't take more than 15 minutes combined. It is Japan only, but it's requested enough in America that Nintendo made a joke about it at E3, and the fan translation was downloaded over 100,000 times in the first week.
Possible Donation Incentives: Character naming(Lucas, Claus, Flint, Hinawa, Boney, Fav. Food, Fav. Thing, Player Name, Duster, Kumatora, Salsa), flavor, Osohe dance-a-long, fight Porky Statue, fight Negative Man, see Flint's secret dialogue in the final area, Pollyanna and Eight Melodies sing-a-long, choose my route in Chapter 7.
Sample run video: http://www.twitch.tv/gearlessrobot/c/4694923

Game Name: Star Ocean: The Second Story
System: PS1 played on PS2 with fast disc speed
Category: Any% Claude, Any% Rena
Gameplay Estimate: 6:00:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 15:00
Pros/Cons: Arguably the most popular Star Ocean game. There's only one glitch, but that glitch allows me to avoid every single random encounter in the game. Instead, I use the game's item creation system to create a bunch of broken items to win fights quickly. Because of this, I don't need to grind at all. The game uses a real time battle system and is more action oriented than most RPGs. However, the ally AI is shaky at times. There's a few parts where RNG can waste time in item creation. The game starts slowly, but really picks up after the first hour. The second disc is mostly action except for 2 long cutscenes near the middle of it. Rena's run will most likely require a safety save for a fight an hour and a half in that's out of my control. Other than that, there shouldn't be any marathon safety issues. Most lategame fights involve using an item to buff Claude's attack, which when paired with one of the most overpowered weapons in gaming, make most boss fights take seconds. There's occasions where this strat won't work and I have to switch it up, so fights shouldn't get repetitive.
Possible Donation Incentives: Bid war for Claude or Rena, recruit Celine, Noel and Chisato, bid war for Ashton vs. Opera and Bowman vs. Precis. Character naming(Claude, Rena, Celine, Ashton or Opera, Precis or Bowman, Leon, Dias(Rena only), Noel, Chisato) (Rolling, rename after every boss fight), choose the order I visit the four fields on disc 2, choose who to pair Claude or Rena with in the ending.
Sample run video: http://www.twitch.tv/gearlessrobot/c/5136034 (Claude)(Slightly outdated. I have a more consistent way of making the Eternal Sphere(see Rena video)), http://www.twitch.tv/gearlessrobot/c/5212782 (Rena)
Edit history:
the_roth: 2014-10-27 08:48:57 pm
DO THE MEATEO
Game Name: Final Fantasy IV (US)
System: NTSC SNES
Category (Any% - with 64 door)
Gameplay Estimate: 2:30
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 0:18 (18 min ending)
Pros – Nocashnocash pretty much summed it up. There has been over a 6 minute improvement over last year's strats mainly due to finding a lot of optimisations and timesavers in pretty much every fight. These improvements also allow runs to be completed with virtually no danger of dying (even though safety saves would still be used). The 64 door glitch itself always make people go 'ZOMG strimmer what is this madness' since the game is completed without doing the last third of the full run and you teleport around a lot, so it's quite entertaining for a marathon. The 2:30 estimate is a reasonable time for RPGs too. The 64 door glitch can be done both safely and in a quicker way now.

A race in this would be quite entertaining as the lead tends to change quite frequently, so it makes for 'tense' moments Smiley any combination of myself, no$ or bichphuongballz would love to race at a marathon! I can show of different boss strats and 64 door routes to make the race routes slightly different.

Cons: Was run at 2014 C4L by Essentia. FF4 has also been played at many other marathons so could be seen as getting old (the newer strats found recently should counter this somewhat)

Possible Donations Incentives:
Party member name changes, choosing to get rid of Kain or Yang for the final boss, whether Rosa or FuSoYa solos Zeromus, EXPLOSION HOVERCRAFT, confusing the game using the hovercraft or airship, blindfolded black chocobo grab, fighting Calbrena (large doll), donating for a race.

Sample run video: http://www.twitch.tv/the_roth/c/5369121 (2:02:25 urn)
I'm coming to the US for a holiday anyway so would love to attend regardless of whether this run is accepted or not (e.g. commentary or just watching)
Edit history:
FFgamer86: 2014-10-30 02:22:33 pm
FFgamer86: 2014-10-27 09:42:55 pm
SDA Speedruns: 1
Game Name: Final Fantasy VIII
System: Ps1, playing on slim Ps1 (can play on PC/Steam to shorten time by 1:00:00)
Gameplay Estimate: 9:00:00 (Donation Incentives can cause this to be closer to 9:30:00-10:00:00)
Ending / Bonus Estimate: (Ending ~25:00) (No real Bonus stuff)
Pros / Cons:
Pros: Highly Popular game, has done real well in past marathons, plenty of donation incentives to incorporate the longer time of the game. Card Game is hugely popular and hopefully I can bring back blindfolded Zell(Maybe Quistis) with practice
Cons: Game is longer than the average game with at least 9 hours being spent on it. With every long game comes less entertaining parts, ff8 has a couple of spots with less entertainable spots.
Donation Incentives: (Time permitted)
Naming Squall/Rinoa/Angelo/GFs/Griever
Optional Bosses(Bahamut, Ultima Weapon, 100% Castle(Possible Omega Attempts)
Summon the Chocobo GF (Adds 3-5 minutes to obtain and has 1 useful fight to show it off)
Obtain All Rare Cards(Needs to be tested still to figure out how much time required, current est. 45-60 min.) There is a trick on disc 4 to get them all very quickly except for Pupu. So this would just be more card playing at the end of the game before final dungeon.
Singing Eyes on Me.

Game Name: Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
System: SNES, Played on SNES
Category: Any% (100% can be bidding war but doesn't use new glitch) Can also be a race with eLmaGus if he interested.
GamePlay estimate: 2:10:00 Any%, 2:50:00 100%
Ending / Bonus: Ending- ~3:00-5:00. Bonus(Can show the Any% Glitch if 100% is ran. ~5:00-10:00)
Pros/Cons:
Pros: Shorter game with a little bit of nostalgia. New glitch that skips 1/5th of game is quite new and hasn't been done in Marathon yet. Lot of action, no down time since there is about 150-200 total battles in the span of 2 hours. Longest time between battles is about 2 minutes. 
Cons: Not as many donation incentives as other games.
Donation Incentives:
Naming Benjamin(Main character)
Any% vs 100% bidding war.
Blindfolded 1st crystal(From start of game, til killing Flamerus Rex)

Game Name: Suikoden
System: PS1 (Played on PS3 PSN)
Category: Any% vs 100% Bidding War
Gameplay Estimate:
Ending/Bonus: Any%: 4:00:00, 100% 5:00:00
Ending: ~5-10 minutes (needs to be timed)(100% has different end scene after credits)
Bonus: None
Pros/Cons:
Pros: One of the better Suikoden games behind in my opinion #2 but gameplay better than the others. Has a pretty broken mechanic with the rune spells being able to tear through the games enemies/bosses without the need for much healing. 
Cons: Donation incentives are a little on the lower side compared to games like FF8 or FF6 that allow you to name so many different characters.
Donation Incentives:
Naming Tir(Protagonist)
Any% vs 100% Bidding War(Route differs about 30 minutes in)
6th Character to bring to Gregminster(Allows viewers to donate for their favorite/troll character to be in party for final area) Doesn't effect time except for 1 extra turn on final boss.
Edit history:
Khobahi: 2014-11-03 09:41:45 am
Khobahi: 2014-11-03 08:55:07 am
Khobahi: 2014-11-02 07:25:24 pm
Khobahi: 2014-10-30 07:01:27 am
Khobahi: 2014-10-28 07:18:32 am
Khobahi: 2014-10-28 12:15:32 am
Khobahi: 2014-10-28 12:14:50 am
Khobahi: 2014-10-28 12:13:08 am
Khobahi: 2014-10-28 12:11:21 am
Game Name: Final Fantasy IV (NA)
System (Include both orignal system and system you plan to play on, if different): SNES
Category (Any%, 100%, Glitchless, etc): Any% no 64 floor glitch
Gameplay Estimate (excluding ending and bonus content): 3:30:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate (ending + any glitches/other bonus content you'd like to show post-run): 18 min ending, Small time adds for character naming
Pros/Cons (honest assessment based on above submission guidelines): Route is basically the same as the one used in the most recent Final Fantasy Relay, with minor tweaks to cut more time. Doesn't use the 64 floor glitch and showcases the 2nd half of the game. Only really boring part is during Airship cutscenes when sealed cave is skipped. And a shortened intense grinding section.
Possible Donation Incentives: Name All characters, can detour or build run to name characters, Showcase of Hovercraft Glitch, Fight big Doll, Possible to bid on endgame (Edge strat vs. Avenger Kain maybe [would add a little time])
Sample run video (encouraged but not required): http://www.twitch.tv/khobahi/c/5195678 (3:18:00 run, can be more active with commentary)

Game Name: Phantom Brave (NA)
System (Include both orignal system and system you plan to play on, if different): PS2
Category (Any%, 100%, Glitchless, etc): Any%
Gameplay Estimate (excluding ending and bonus content): 2:45
Ending/Bonus Estimate (ending + any glitches/other bonus content you'd like to show post-run): 15min ending (text mashing part to) Not really much interesting to show.
Pros/Cons (honest assessment based on above submission guidelines): Decently Fast paced game, only slow boring part is the grind fight (abuse game mechanics to level a rabbit to 4000) and Buying section (based on RNG). Most cutscenes except starting chapter ones are skippable (those that aren't are not to long)
Possible Donation Incentives: Can name the 4 witches i use early game and the Merchant / Fighter used to finish game. (other minor characters but not worth naming)
Sample run video (encouraged but not required): http://www.twitch.tv/khobahi/c/5422013 my Current PB 2:29:02

Would love to attend and help out as well if possible, regardless of runs.
Edit history:
bichphuongballz: 2014-10-29 12:00:56 am
bichphuongballz: 2014-10-28 09:18:19 am
bichGOAL
Game Name: Final Fantasy IV (FFII US)

System: SNES

Category: any% (uses 64 door)

Gameplay Estimate: 2:30

Ending/Bonus Estimate: ~20minute ending, could show another 10 or so minutes of different glitch routes and/or hilarious rooms

Pros: While diehard has had some exposure, I do feel it has not been displayed as much as no 64 (especially lately). As a result, I think that diehard can still wow a lot of people who will catch RPGLB. Coupled with the fact that there are updated strats, and current runners who run it very often want to do it, I think there is a lot of potential for a good show. The run is also short by RPG standards and will not impact the schedule very much. As mentioned before the route can be made safe, and there is no danger of mercy killing.

Cons: It was run last year at C4L, ESA, and other events like the relay (sort of). It does skip the last leg of game content which people may enjoy seeing.

Possible Donation Incentives: I think no$ and roth covered these well and I'd only be repeating what they have offered (names, uptco, big doll, etc).

Sample run video: http://www.twitch.tv/bichphuongballz/c/5067019 I was pretty new to streaming with that 2:05:56 PB and I do believe my interaction and commentary has improved a lot since then.

Misc: No$ and Roth have mentioned the possibility of a race, and I agree that this idea makes for an even more exciting watch. The 3 of us race each other regularly, are always close to each other, and the lead typically changes quite a bit. We even have screen shots of us at the same spot at the same time. The RNG of ff4 always makes it anyone's race and I doubt RPGLB would see anything different. I know the guidelines have stated a race can only accommodate 2, and as the person with the 3rd best time, I would defer to Roth/No$. I would love to contribute as a waitlister and/or commentator. The 3 of us cracking jokes together also tends to be entertaining.

Misc2: Tecmo Cup Soccer needs to make it some way, some how since it's the game Square ripped blitzball off of. I'm not asking for this to be a run in the schedule, I just believe it's greatness needs to be shown in some fashion.
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2014-10-28 02:24:03 am
Not a walrus
Would prefer Crystalis or Deus Ex if I had to pick. Skyrim is something I'd be happy to hand off to somebody else if they're already well established.

----

Game Name: Crystalis
System: NES
Category: Any%/100%
Gameplay Estimate: 1:10 for any%, 1:15 for 100%
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 0:05
Pros: Generally fast moving action RPG with some fun glitches and a kickin' rad soundtrack.
Cons: Small bits of grinding, fairly well spread out throughout the run and most a minute or less.
Possible Donation Incentives: Any% vs 100%, naming the character
Sample run video: 100% run, was the WR for a short while even

----

Game Name: Deus Ex
System: Windows
Gameplay Estimate: 0:50:00-1:10:00, depending on incentives
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 0:05:00
Pros: Glitchy as hell FPS/RPG, regarded by many as one of the best games of all time (and rightly so). Will cause at least twenty people to reinstall the game just by bringing it up in public.
Cons: A couple of the tricks are finicky as balls so may require a few retries, and the game is a bit on the dark side so I'll have to jump the brightness up a few notches so that people on the stream can see it.
Possible Donation Incentives: Which of three endings to get (and whether I glitch the shortest ending or get it 'legit', which takes a few extra minutes), a few funny cutscenes that I can show off during and after the run.
Sample run video:

----

Game Name: Skyrim
System: Windows
Category: Another glitchy as balls FPS/RPG (the S is for SLASH) where by the power of cookware and buckets I can phase through solid walls, and horses climbing mountains in a way that would put goats to shame.
Gameplay Estimate: 1:00:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: Nothing, can't think of anything to show off that wouldn't take forever
Pros: Skyrim is generally very well regarded (though maybe not so much when half the game is spent out of bounds) and runs as glitch heavy as this generally get a lot of good reactions, I find.
Cons: A few boring cutscenes that you have to skip through (there's a glitch to make them go faster but it can still take a while) and the game is about a stable as a two legged stool. Crashes to desktop are distressingly frequent even when playing the game normally. One of the reasons the estimate is a bit high.
Possible Donation Incentives: Character name and gender. Maybe race, though Orc is the fastest but not by a lot.
Sample run video: http://www.twitch.tv/drtchops/c/5124789 (not my run, but gives you a good idea of what's going on)
Top-down in order of preference as others have done.

Game Name: Luminous Arc 3: Eyes
System : Nintendo DS (via R4 for eng patch) I'll probably borrow Vulajin’s DS capture as I don't have one myself
Category: any% NG+
Gameplay Estimate: 3:40:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 5:00
Pros/Cons: I will be the first to say that this is an obscure game but as the only Runner of the game I routed it all myself and can explain the optimizations very well. Anyone who also has played SRPGs can co-commentate as being the “viewer” who hasn’t played the game and can remind me of general mechanics that may not be obvious. There is also a lot of time for commentary before/after fights where I can tell the story (badly as it’s jap only and not fully translated to eng currently). Also since it is NG+ there are some possible donation incentives to make the early game less boring (although more Let’s Play-ish) since every character in my file is Lvl 99 (see more below). There is very little RNG throughout the run and unfortunately no known glitches although I can lose up to 2 min on the final boss fight due to horrendous RNG (this actually happened and is highlighted on my channel)
Possible Donation Incentives: Waifu% (+30:00 overly generous as I haven’t routed it yet. I’ll update this time when I have a better idea of how long it can take) where the donations go towards Waifu Wars amoung the 12 possible endings and the top 5 are my final battle team and top 1 choice is ending choice. The current Waifu War stats could also be used to determine which characters are used in early game (Blind strats) for the first 10-13 chapters (+5:00 I would cut it off earlier if needed for interest of time). Save/Kill Glen the brainwashed traitor (+1:00 for save). Save/Kill Miria and/or Arnogia (+10:00 for save both since extra battle, +1:00 for save arnogia only).
Sample run video: http://www.twitch.tv/mystelf/c/5156305 
Video for proof of minimal time loss with un-optimal characters: http://www.twitch.tv/mystelf/c/4912467

Game Name: Paper Mario
System : Eng N64
Category: Glitchless, All Cards? (I am currently learning All Cards so it would actually be more like a mashup of the two routes than the official All Cards)
Gameplay Estimate: 4:45:00 (based on current Glitchless times which has a fast falling PB :D)
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 10:00 (+10:00 Glitch Exhibition for Glitchless run)
Pros/Cons : Very popular game and has a lot of optimizations to offer even without glitches and from my experience the glitches are spread somewhat thin but are very flashy. Only major time losses would be from player error rather than RNG (Final Bowser being the major example of this) and since I’m newer to the game (started running in September) you would still get to see several instances of small error recovery (which encourages people to pick up speedrunning imo) and a glitchless run (which also encourages new runners to games)
Possible Donation Incentives: Bidwar between categories (assuming I’m good enough at All Cards by the marathon or if there is another runner willing to do All Cards) “I know it’s glitchless but do this anyway” for select glitches, alternatively “I know you normally skip this but do it for me <3” for All Cards route (like Gourmet Guy in Toybox, save the yoshi’s, ect.)
Sample run video : http://www.twitch.tv/mystelf/c/5321989

If you need any clarification let me know and I'd be happy to explain in more detail
Game Name: Paper Mario
System: Japanese N64
Category: Any% or All Cards
Estimates: Any% - 2:20:00 and All Cards 3:45:00
Pros/Cons: A very interesting speed game about involving everyone's favorite hero Mario. The routing is very interesting, and there are some cool glitches that break the game into pieces. Quite literally. The downside about this run is that it has a fairly slow start (like most RPGs truthfully) and it has been done at quite a few recent GDQ events.
Donation Incentives: Possible race with Mystelf? I'd be more than willing to learn his glitchless All-Cards Route and that would be a neat race for sure.

Game Name: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
System: Japanese Gamecube
Estimate: 2:40:00
Pros/Cons: It is a fairly shorter action RPG that has recently gotten some love in the speed running community. There is a glitch at the start of the game that allows you to have infinite gil and gain OP weapons early on. The routing is interesting and the soundtrack is superb. Given its fairly short length, I think its a great watch. The biggest con would be that it was featured at last years ESA marathon, and it also is a fairly hard game to follow coming into it blind.
Donation Incentives: Character name (I'll double check the amount of characters as it slips me at the moment), and incentive for me to play ocarina along with the intro cutscene.
NOTE: If someone better submits this game (Ghoul, Neviutz, etc.) Let them run it by all means. I am fairly new to this game and they would do a much better job!

Thanks for considering my games! Looking forward to seeing the marathon regardless if excepted or not!
Prefer to do AT over BoF. Can also offer any Baldur's Gate game if theres a need for some 20 minute fillers.

Game Name: Ar Tonelico: Melody of Elemia
System: PS2 on PS3
Category: Phase 3 Phantasmagoria End (Good Ending)
Estimate: 6:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 15 Minute Ending/Add 25 minutes to estimate for true end
Pros/Cons: This game doesn't have much in the way of beneficial glitches, so the speedrun is all about utilizing the crafting system in order to obtain powerful upgrades/equipment early to speed things along. Random encounters are a non-factor about 20 minutes into the game, and are eliminated from Phase 2 onward. The routes are extremely safe, with save points before pretty much every major problem area. Its also worth mentioning the extremely high quality soundtrack. There are parts where the action is lulled due to dialogue, most notably the phase 3 beginning/cosmospheres. With zero encounters, it also creates long sections of pure walking.
Possible Donation Incentives: Aurica vs. Misha Phase 2 Path, Unlock True End (Shureila vs. Phase 2 Reyvateil), Get Child of Light song, Japanese vs English voices (rolling incentive)
Sample run video: http://www.twitch.tv/jiseed/c/4912686

Game Name: Breath of Fire
Estimate: 6:30
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 10 Minute Ending
Pros/Cons: Classic SNES RPG thats never been seen at a marathon before. Using safer strats, many of the game's hardest opponents (Mote, Jade) are laughably easy. There is no random encounter RNG in this game past the very first dungeon, all encounters after this are bosses or are utilized for death warps. If things go wrong in this game, they go extremely wrong - due to tight monetary restrictions an unplanned death is almost certainly a load, and it can take A LONG TIME to get back to where you were. While most of the end game scares are taken care of, a softlock at the final boss can still occur, even with precautionary measures - though this is extremely unlikely. The beginning of the game can be extremely unforgiving, and is the primary reason for the high estimate. Once past this point it is rather safe however. I can also play the GBA version instead as it is more marathon friendly, but from my experience it is much less well recieved.
Possible Donation Incentives: Ryu's Name (4 Characters), Chun-Li Cameos
Sample run video: http://www.twitch.tv/jiseed/c/4286199
Edit history:
Gr3yscale: 2014-10-28 06:14:15 pm
Game Name: TES V: Skyrim
System: PC
Estimate: 55:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 10:00
Pros: The run features a number of interesting glitches including a recently-found movement glitch that allows for jumping while sprinting (something that was previously impossible in Skyrim) and a glitch that involves using a bucket in order to bypass a major dungeon by levitating over the top of it, there is a major sequence break within the first 10 minutes of the run, Skyrim is a very popular RPG -it was among the most-watched games at AGDQ 2014.
Cons: A five minute cutscene in the middle of the run, the council (a 4 minute event that involves repeatedly quicksaving and quickloading to skip dialogue), several long stretches of simply running between locations, unfavorable RNG with the bucket levitation and the wall clips could cost up to 2 minutes of lost time.
Possible Donation Incentives: Character name,
Sample run video: http://www.twitch.tv/gr3yscale/c/5224475

Game Name: TES V: Skyrim
System: PC
Category: Dark Brotherhood
Estimate: 50:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 10:00
Pros: This run has less randomness than any% and very little RNG in general, this run has a unique, cutscene-skipping clip that is performed by jumping on top of a platter while holding a bucket in front of your character, the only cutscenes in this run are very short and can be partially skipped or sped up
Cons: Several long stretches of simply running between locations, the potential for a softlock near the end of the run 
Possible Donation Incentives: Character name
Sample run video: http://www.twitch.tv/gr3yscale/c/5340690
Edit history:
doicm: 2014-10-28 07:29:41 pm
doicm: 2014-10-28 07:26:05 pm
Most of these might sound the same, so I'll preface this by stating that they're all Mega Man Battle Network games and that they all have cutscene skips. They are also all on the same console played on GB Player. None of them have appeared in a GDQ before. If clarification is needed about any differences (as they're all Mega Man games and who knows what the differences between the billions of them are), I'm willing to provide.

In no particular order...

Game Name: Mega Man Battle Network 2
System: Game Boy Advance played on GB Player (GCN)
Gameplay Estimate: 3:00:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 10:00 for ending (shows credits, a little cutscene, and in-game time)
Pros: Features battle manipulation glitch which allow for very fast boss fights. Said glitch can really impress viewers. Features a skip glitch that saves a chunk of time. The game's HP system is abused by collecting HP upgrades and PowerUP upgrades, allowing you to skip most of the random encounters. Lots of action in battles. Also features a rap battle!
Cons: Lots of running compared to other Battle Network games. One scenario in particular is pretty boring because of lots of backtracking. Battle manipulation glitch takes lots of practice.
Possible Donation Incentives: None
Sample run video: http://www.twitch.tv/doicm/c/5343389

Game Name: Mega Man Battle Network 3 White
Gameplay Estimate: 4:00:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 10:00 for ending (shows credits, a little cutscene, and in-game time) 20:00 for bug style playthrough.
Pros: Probably the most well-received Battle Network game overall. Really neat combos you can do with some chips, making battles really fast and introduces a wow factor. Some kids can smack talk pretty well in the game. Has style change a little bit into the game, which introduces a random element + a power up that allows for faster battles and improved combos you can execute.
Cons: Some missions can get a bit grindy/boring to watch like FlameMan's scenario. This version is currently slower than Blue version (due to lack of attention), although some re-routing is being done to try to match.
Possible Donation Incentives:
* PETCannon cutscene.
* Bug Style - random status effects in each battle (adds about 20 minutes).
Sample run video: http://www.twitch.tv/doicm/c/4854298

Game Name: Mega Man Battle Network 4 Red Sun
Gameplay Estimate: 3:30:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 10:00 for ending (shows credits, a little cutscene, and in-game time) 10:00 for no dark chips. 5:00 for poor translation points.
Pros: Counter system (double damage) allows for faster battles. Features a dark chip system, making for some interesting gameplay variation compared to other Battle Network games (kinda like the Dark Side), and these chips are super overpowered. Features a tournament system, which probably makes for the greatest variation in RNG, adding to entertainment value (which I can adjust to just fine, but also has a con which I'll mention).
Cons: Tournament system before mentioned. Has about 30 minutes in variation from best case scenario to worst (which worst case scenario is accounted for in estimation). One of the least-well received Battle Network games, but some people seem to have it as their favorite, oddly enough (may add to entertainment value to see me "suffer" through it, even though I enjoy it personally).
* Yes vs. No bid war on Dark Chips (exception for dark is one forced point in game). Using no dark chips may add about 10 minutes.
* Highlight some "Best of Poor Translation" points. Adds about 5 minutes (since I normally can skip cutscenes).
* 3 letter name for player ID. It shows up (I believe) every time you pause the game, but that's it.
Sample run video: http://www.twitch.tv/doicm/c/5253594 (this was a nearly worst case scenario run)

Game Name: Mega Man Battle Network 6 Falzar
Gameplay Estimate: 3:00:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 20:00 for full ending, 8:00+ for each cross, 10+ for Bass fight
Pros: Counter system (double damage) allows for faster battles. Features a cross system that includes SpoutCross (with aqua based attacks) and BeastCross. Makes fights go much faster. Gets a powerup halfway through run that allows you to essentially slide across areas, optimizing movement tremendously. Lots of action with very little running compared to other Battle Network games. SpoutMan looks adorable. Has penguins. Everyone loves penguins.
Cons: Slower than Gregar version. Speedrun doesn't show off other crosses that I could get.
* Other crosses (~8+ minutes for each cross), 4 other crosses total [Names are TenguCross, TomahawkCross, GroundCross, and DustCross].
* Bass fight (post-run) (10+ minutes)
Sample run video: http://www.twitch.tv/doicm/c/5144851

Also, some of the videos mention "first speed run", but I have done other speed runs off-stream. Just wanted to clarify that.
Edit history:
abiscuit: 2014-10-30 09:40:25 pm
abiscuit: 2014-10-28 07:27:28 pm
Not sure if I'd be able to make it yet but I'll submit just in case.

Game Name:  Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
System: Gamecube w/ Gameboy Player, possibly Wii U VC if English becomes marathon safe by then
Category: Any%, All Bosses
Gameplay Estimate: 1:55:00 (Any%), 3:20:00 (All Bosses)
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 5-10min for glitch showcase
Pros/Cons:  Popular GBA RPG which not many people run, even fewer running the glitched route.  Any% plays as expected for a little over the first half of the run then it turns into a crazy glitchfest which then prompts cries of ruined childhoods.  This run has been well received at other online marathons and I think would also do well here.  The marathon route is a little bit longer than Any% for safety reasons and makes softlocks less costly if that happens.  The major downside is the English version doesn't have a marathon safe route yet so the Japanese version would have to be used.  If the English version becomes marathon safe then I would run the Wii U VC version.

All Bosses requires all the bosses in the game to be defeated before completing the game.  This makes the run longer but it also shows off a lot more glitches and tricks as well as showing off more of the game.  All Bosses would have to be played on the Japanese version due to the barrel clipping glitch, but the tricks and skips are well worth it.  The glitches also make up a larger portion of the run compared to Any%.  Like Any%, softlocks can cost minutes but it's not as big of a deal in this category and is a safer run overall.
Possible Donation Incentives:  Glitch showcase, pick passport photo
Sample run video (encouraged but not required):
Any% - http://www.twitch.tv/altabiscuit/c/5382737 (This is the English run but it gives you an idea of what you're in for)
JRTA Marathon run -
All Bosses - http://www.twitch.tv/altabiscuit/c/5375105
Edit history:
PinkPajamas: 2014-10-29 02:09:28 pm
PinkPajamas: 2014-10-28 08:39:21 pm
PinkPajamas: 2014-10-28 08:36:34 pm
I live in Salt Lake City if that matters.

Game Name: Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
System: PSP (I have it on a PS Vita with a capture card, but I could get my hands on a PSP)
Gameplay Estimate: 4:00:00 (might go down or up. PB is 3:49 and that's my 4th run)
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 5 for ending cutscene, 5 for ending credits
Pros/Cons: The classic NIS tactics RPG game. The route uses monster capturing and enemy combination in place of all grinding. Many cutscenes cannot be skipped, but they are often quite memorable cutscenes. Monster capturing means my party composition is going to vary quite a bit. It also means that I may have to repeat maps if I fail to capture based on RNG (my guess for the worst success rate is 80%. Some of them I've yet to see fail).
* Voice acting can be changed between English and Japanese at pretty much any point.
* There are 17 generic units that can be named. 8 brawlers, 1 mage, 2 pumpkins, 3 pucks and 3 nekomatas. I suggest having the mage, 2 pucks and 2 nekos available for naming (3 incentives total).
* Defeating the overlord in 6-4 without help. 6-4 is a map where you're supposed to die then get help, but it's possible in the route to do it without help. You get to skip some cutscenes but you lose 2 minutes overall.
* Good ending. You get good ending if you don't kill one of your own allies with your own attack. I get good ending in my runs anyways because I don't need to attack my own allies. If it doesn't get met I could do a team kill on the final map.
Run: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwffUK96I01ylM5J4hnxBs1VV7Z6-sGcK&feature=c4-feed-u

Game Name: Phantom Brave
System: PS2
Gameplay Estimate: 2:30:00 (might change a bit. JP Wii PB is 2:15)
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 5 for final cutscene, 5 for credits, 5 for exhibition
Pros/Cons: A gridless tactics RPG from NIS. The most popular of the non-Disgaea ones I'd say. The route uses magic up until you can hilariously exploit the game to buy ridiculously powerful weapons. Most cutscenes are skippable and the ones that aren't are pretty short. The route is fairly safe with only one map that can really go wrong.
* Voice acting can be English or Japanese. While you can change it mid-run I'd advise against it since there aren't as many cutscenes and they're not as memorable as Disgaea's.
* Naming: 4 witches, 1 (female) merchant, 1 (male) fighter (3 incentives)
* Exhibition: There are a lot of silly weapons and attacks in this game. It could be entertaining to show some of these off. (5 min)
Run (on JP Wii) - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwffUK96I01zqX_H8WhurnKoRdcOugBmR
Note: I'll give Phantom Brave to Khobahi if he can get a good time by the time the marathon starts.

In both of my runs, I'd recommend against running credits. They're not very interesting IMO.
Game Name: Earthbound
Category: Glitchless
Gameplay Estimate: 4:55
Ending/Bonus Estimate (0:05) False death bug after Giygas death (and additional 0:20 for credits)
Pros/Cons: Most popular category for this well-known game. The first thirty minutes are very risky in an actual run, but significant safety strats would be used to stay safe (with only a few minutes lost). The rest of the run is fairly safe with save points before every risky section. There are lots of interesting techniques done including stutter stepping, enemy bouncing and teleport skipping. A heavy knowledge of character stats, turn order, and enemy stats are used consistently that frequently make fights appear scary (lots of mortal damage hits while still surviving) but in reality are very safe. The time estimate is very conservative. I have performed lots of races for this category and range in the 4:20 - 4:45 range for no reset runs, even with the worst of luck. I have a heavy knowlege of the route, game algorithms, equations and game mechanics to be able to keep talking throughout the entire run to provide interesting information and commentary.
Possible Donation Incentives: Naming of four main characters, dog, favorite thing, name of player and favorite food. Additionally, we could throw in an incentive to get the bike and use it when possible (Twoson and post-Giygas).
Sample run video:

Game Name: Earthbound
Gameplay Estimate: 2:15
Ending/Bonus Estimate: (0:10) Demonstrating additonal OOB glitches by showing how the game prepares all the Giygas prayer areas with different music (and killing Everdred in Twoson as robots of course). Additionally, we can show the game crashing/locking up by walking into a negative x/y coordinate of the map and trying to load the area. (Additional 0:20 for credits)
Pros/Cons: Quick run of a popular game, but these two categories in reality couldn't be more different from each other in their style. Glitchless is all about reacting to different situations quickly, managing equipment, having a heavy knowledge of areas/enemies, etc. Any% is 100% execution (using RNG manipulation for everything 35 minutes into the run). As soon as we leave Onett, the glitches begin by clipping out of bounds and traveling around the world. Additionally, the run uses heavy, heavy RNG manipulation to complete the game, the highlight always being having Ness's Nightmare kill itself in just two turns with a level 10 Ness, a level 1 Paula, and a dead Jeff (with the last two characters never supposed to be appearing in Magicant in the first place) and manipulating the entire Giygas fight. It always makes for a great watch as viewers see the RNG manipulation techniques being done in real time.
Possible Donation Incentives: Unfortunately there would not be many. The names of all characters have to be a single character for the RNG manipulation techniques, but we could still have incentives to name them a single character if we want to Smiley
Sample run video:
Edit history:
Omnigamer: 2014-11-05 08:54:59 am
Omnigamer: 2014-10-29 08:37:46 am
All the things
No thought was given to the ordering below.

Game Name: Suikoden II
System: PS1, played on PS2
Gameplay Estimate: 7:00:00 (safe estimate)
Ending/Bonus Estimate: Ending is 15 minutes. Bonus content from incentives only; not more than 15 mins.
Pros: Hailed by many as one of the best RPGs ever. Fairly large backing with the Suikoden Revival Movement. Varied route and gameplay with a number of unique mechanic abuses and glitches, there's always something new to explain. No grinding except for two instances of looking for particular enemy formations. For marathon purposes, can be played on a modified game disc that fixes several audio tracks that are on-disc but improperly programmed in US version and are never played.
Cons: For full disclosure, there's only about a 25% chance I could make it the event to do the run. I can probably only attend this or SGDQ due to work, and SGDQ presently has my preference. The run itself has a couple slow points of approximately 30 minutes where there is very little action (Greenhill). The route is not perfectly safe, but save points are available immediately before each rough patch.
Possible Donation Incentives: Naming (main character, army, castle), Clive's Quest, Jowy Battle, Suikoden I carry-over w/McDohl quest, Kyaro Revisit Glitch Exhibition, Amada Softlock Glitch Exhibition, some optional recruit quests, Tinto Escape
Sample run video:

Game Name: Suikoden II
System: PS1, played on PS2
Category: 108 Stars/True Ending
Gameplay Estimate: 8:30:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: Ending is ~20 minutes with the additional content for this category. Bonus content from all exhibitions and incentives is ~15 min.
Pros: See above for general pros. True Ending has the bonus of recruiting all 108 Stars to your army and having a complete ending sequence. Most requested category any time I've streamed the game. Each character has at least some backstory to discuss, and only a few take a long time (5+ minutes).
Cons: See above for general cons. This category has several more elements of luck involved, but bad luck can be dealt with relatively easily via known S+Q methods to manipulate shop contents. Many recruits will never actually be used.
Possible Donation Incentives: Naming (main character, army, castle), Suikoden I carry-over w/ McDohl quest, Kyaro Revisit Glitch Exhibition, Amada Softlock Glitch Exhibition, Clive's Quest, Tinto Escape, Animal Recruit Bid War, Cooking Contest, final dungeon party bid war
Sample run video: N/A
Edit history:
puwexil: 2014-11-05 12:22:41 pm
puwexil: 2014-11-05 12:21:50 pm
puwexil: 2014-10-29 01:59:57 pm
Professional Second Banana
Ordered by preference.

Game Name: Final Fantasy VI
Category: Any% with Major Skips (2-player co-op run with Essentia)
Gameplay Estimate: 4:30
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 0:45 - 0:23 ending, 0:22 for showing Creepy Sabin and other sketch glitch effects not used in the speedrun route
Pros/Cons: This run is the complete opposite of the category run at C4L/SGDQ 2014 (Glitchless 100%), and uses a memory corruption glitch to both skip a significant portion of the game and give the characters access to normally impossible equipment and abilities (which lead to some very crazy endgame boss battles).  Main con is fewer donation incentives than other FF6 categories due to how much of the game is skipped (fewer characters to name, can't save/kill Cid, upgrading to 100% characters/Espers run isn't possible).
Possible Donation Incentives: Naming characters (Terra, Locke, Edgar, Sabin, Shadow, Cyan, Gau, Setzer, Strago, Relm - ie all characters except Celes, Mog, Gogo, and Umaro), Phantom Train Suplex, Opera sing-a-long (possibly Fluffy Brigade-assisted?), rolling bidding war over text box background (ie the Chocobo-who-must-not-be-named, or something new along the same lines)
Sample run video: Have not done a run of this category yet; but the first 3 hours are very similar to other FF6 runs I've done, so all I'll really need to work on is the sketch glitching and endgame battles.  for my Glitchless Any% and for my Glitched Japanese Any% PBs.  Current Major Skips/Sketch record held by LCC is http://www.twitch.tv/thelcc/c/5275219.

Game Name: Kingdom Hearts II
System: PS2 or PS3
Category: English Any% or Final Mix Any%
Gameplay Estimate: 4:30 (English PS2 Any%), 4:10 (Final Mix Any% on Japanese PS2 version), 5:00 (Final Mix Any% on English PS3 version)
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 0:45-1:30 depending on incentives - 0:24 ending, 0:20 for fighting Absent Silhouettes (Final Mix only), ~1 hour for completing optional worlds
Pros/Cons: With more time to prepare I can definitely pull off a stronger English KH2 run than my run at Crystals for Life; and I'd also be up for learning the Final Mix version.  Final Mix makes for a very different speedrun due to gameplay changes with Sora's ability set (such as a dash ability that speeds up normal movement being quickly attainable, a new Drive form, changes in which combat abilities/spells are useful for fast battles, etc), and fewer Ethers in chests meaning Limits have to be used more sparingly.  The large time difference between the JP PS2 and NA PS3 versions is due to loading time differences.  Main con of the game is lack of nameable characters or other strong in-game donation incentives; but Final Mix has 5 optional bosses that are possible to fight with a speedrun file and without a lot of preparation time.  The faster version of Final Mix does have Japanese text; but the cutscenes are skippable and the voice acting is all in English.
Possible Donation Incentives: Extra worlds (would add about an hour to the estimate), Disney sing-a-longs during Gummi Ship mission autoscrollers, fighting the 5 Organization XIII Absent Silhouettes (Final Mix only), release Exssentia from the crawlspace to join the couch crew
Sample run video: http://www.twitch.tv/puwexil/c/4122469 (current PB for English KH2 Any% is 4 minutes faster, but do not have video)

Game Name: Final Fantasy IX
System: PS1 discs played on PS2
Gameplay Estimate: 9:45
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 0:35 - 0:32 min ending/Melodies of Life sing-a-long , 0:03 Blackjack card game
Pros/Cons: One of the least glitchy Final Fantasy games, so the speedrun route is all about using the equipment/abilities that the game gives you in creative ways.  Battle strats vary considerably over the course of the run due to frequent party changes.  Game has some heavy RNG factors like the # of random encounters, enemy AI, and card tournament; but is completely marathon safe (poor luck generally just means a slower run, and there are save points close to the most dangerous sections).
Possible Donation Incentives: Naming characters (Zidane, Vivi, Steiner, Dagger, Freya, Quina, Eiko, Amarant), showing Vivi/Quina wedding cutscene, acting out I Want to Be Your Canary play
Sample run video: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxmuedQTLk92VCdQzYnxAsn-VWPvUOr9g

Game Name: Final Fantasy VII
System: PS1 discs played on PS2, or PC
Category: Any% No Slots (PSX version, 1st choice), or Any% with Wrong Warps (PC version)
Gameplay Estimate: 8:20 (PSX No Slots), 3:00 (PC with Warps)
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 0:18 ending, 1:00 for fighting Diamond/Emerald/Ruby Weapons (PC only)
Pros/Cons: Probably the first 'mainstream' JRPG in English-speaking countries, which remains popular to this day with a new PC/Steam port and perpetual fan campaigns for an HD remake.  'No Slots' means that Cait Sith's Slots Limit (which can be manipulated to win any battle in the game instantly) is not used in order to make for more varied/interesting battles.  The No Slots route/battle strats have changed considerably since my earlier runs at AGDQ 2012 and C4L 2013, with full game random encounter manipulation, no stops for level grinding or Enemy Skill farming, and some highly technical boss fights that heavily manipulate the turn order and enemy AI.  Alternatively, I could run the PC/Steam version, which has a wrong warp glitch that allows most of the story to be skipped, leading to hilarious side-effects like glitched-out FMVs and using Aerith for the final battles.  With an extra hour I can also fight all 3 WEAPONs, all of which use fast/unconventional strats (like summoning Knights of the Round but completely skipping the long animation).
Possible Donation Incentives: Character naming (PSX = Cloud, Barret, Tifa, Aerith, Red XIII, Cait Sith, and Cid, PC = Cloud, Barret, Tifa, Aerith, and Red XIII, plus Vincent in the All-WEAPONs route), Gold Saucer date choice (PSX only), Fight the WEAPONs (PC only)
Sample run video: or http://www.twitch.tv/puwexil/c/4982045
Edit history:
EnkerBlues: 2014-10-30 05:23:01 pm
EnkerBlues: 2014-10-29 09:58:20 pm
I'm in the "Not 100% sure I can make it" group. I live in SLC, but I may have exams on the days that LB is. Submitting just in case.

Game Name: Wild Arms
Original System: PS1, System used: PS2(the fat one)
Category: Any% no ACE (possible race with cha0s?)
Gameplay Estimate: 2:15:00(cha0s's estimate is 2:00, adding 15 minutes just in case)
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 15m

Pros/Cons: Would just like to ditto everything cha0s said about this run. The game is not as well known, but still has a good amount of people in the RPG universe that know about it. The run is glitched like crazy after prologues, so I believe people will be incredibly entertained/surprised at how broken the game. The cons are the slow start with prologue, and a can that is specific to me is my knowledge isn't as grand as cha0s, so I will have to work on commentary quite a bit.

Donation Incentives: naming spells, naming characters

If both cha0s and I get in, would be fun to do a race of this where one of us is using Cecilia+Jack to finish off the final bosses, and the other is using solo Cecili+randomizer to finish things up. Would give viewers different perspectives on how the run can work.

Gameplay Video: (working on doing a marathon route run, will post video when I do)

2nd Submission(this is a shot in the dark, I would not be hurt at all if this game didn't get in)
Game Name: Contact
System: Nintendo DS, will be played on DS Lite
Gameplay Estimate: 2:45:00
Ending Estimate: 10m
Pros: A really fun game that not many people have heard about. I'm the only one who runs it, so I have all the commentary/info that one might need to know. The game is relatively short, with my best run clocking in just over 2:15:00.
Cons: Basically the flip side of all the "pros". It's a very unknown game, so bringing hype would be hard. There are 3 spots where I have to grind money for potions, and 1 spot where I have to grind STR on an enemy where literally all I do is sit there and watch while my character attacks the monster for 5 minutes or more.
Donation Incentives: There are 5 costumes that I use throughout the run, so there could be an incentive on which outfit to use in the last areas? During the 5 minute grind session in which I do absolutely nothing, maybe the people present at the marathon could participate in some games like "Speedrunning Jeopardy" or "Duck Duck Goose" or "Musical Chairs" while we wait for the grinding to finish. Most donations picks what game we play.
Again, this game is a shot in the dark, just thought I'd submit it since it could get the game/run more exposure and it would be decently interesting to watch.

Here is a video of the only run I have on Twitch, it's outdated since new strats for weapons/decals are used now. I got a 2:15:00 in another video, but connection problems cut the video and made it unrecordable:
Well, I see that FFT has already been submitted twice. I suppose I shall do the same, although my attendance may be 50/50 at best after looking at pricey plane tickets and the realization of how close this event is to my kids' birthdays.

Anyway:

Game Name: Final Fantasy Tactics
System: PSX, to be played on PS2 with fast disc speed
Category: NA Math% (in other words, Any%)
Gameplay Estimate: 4:30:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: Not sure, depends on watching credits, sidequests, etc.
Pros: The fans demanded it, so here it is! After a successful showing of the (J) no math% route at the JRTA marathon, I believe the NA math% route deserves a chance as well. The math% route has its fair share of strategies that keep things interesting. No math% is longer (but perhaps more interesting), math% is shorter (I think it is just as interesting, others may disagree).
Cons: The math% route is weak on donation incentives and the understanding of the subtle ins and outs of gameplay to a casual viewer may be difficult to overcome, but as has been noted many times, these can be made up with excellent commentary. Unfortunately, I'm not Claude, but I can hold my own.
Possible Donation Incentives: Name Ramza, possibly set his birthday within a range (must be Capricorn Zodiac, so anywhere between late December to mid January). Smaller incentives would include killing/saving Boco/Mustadio. I don't think the sidequests are a good idea, due to how time consuming they would be at an event that will probably need the extra time for other reasons.
Sample run video : http://www.twitch.tv/chessjerksda/c/3608159
Game Name: Costume Quest 2
System:PC
Category (Any%, 100%, Glitchless, etc): Any%
Gameplay Estimate (excluding ending and bonus content): 1:30:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate (ending + any glitches/other bonus content you'd like to show post-run):10:00
Pros/Cons (honest assessment based on above submission guidelines): It's short, but its length is matched by its simplicity. There is some tech (general management of powers and items), but not too much in terms of glitches and breaks. There aren't too many cutscenes outside of a few instrumental sections early on in the game. Costume Quest 1 was decently popular and should be well-known, but the sequel has flown under most radars. The game is likely to be recognized since it is a sequel to a popular Double Fine game, but it's not too known on its own. Marathon Safety - Death is not too punishing in this game, and I can't think of how the game would be rendered unwinnable. The game is also in English
Possible Donation Incentives: Show off more costumes. Choose between main character (girl or boy). Could complete some of the sidequests.
VoD: http://www.twitch.tv/srgmarathon/b/583500017?t=331m00s (It's not linking to the proper time for me, so it the video doesn't skip ahead, the run starts at 5 hours 31 minutes)
Edit history:
2bitmarksman: 2014-11-06 03:58:51 am
2bitmarksman: 2014-11-06 03:56:59 am
2bitmarksman: 2014-11-06 03:56:24 am
2bitmarksman: 2014-11-04 02:05:59 am
Ate the extra spicy banana
Game Name: Legend of Mana
System (Include both orignal system and system you plan to play on, if different): PS1, played on PS2
Category (Any%, 100%, Glitchless, etc): Dragon route (donation incentive for co-op)
Gameplay Estimate (excluding ending and bonus content): 2:05:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate (ending + any glitches/other bonus content you'd like to show post-run): ~5 minutes to view ending credits, but not necessary
Pros/Cons (honest assessment based on above submission guidelines): Pros:  A less seen sequel to a great SNES classic Secret of Mana which is entertaining by how broken it is, this one is somewhat of the opposite extreme in that it is one of the more unbroken games that can be played (though still containing some perceived programming oversights). Great story and music. Cons: No glitches to really show off and is as a run is very straight forward.
Possible Donation Incentives: Name the main character and pet. Gender of the main character. Possibly reading Gilbert and the Lamp Maker's dialog (spoony bard talks to girlfriend)
Game Name: Final Fantasy VI
Category: Any% with Sketch Glitch
Gameplay Estimate: 4:20
Ending / Bonus Estimate: 20 Minutes for ending, 10 minutes for bonuses

Pros: Fastest category, you break the game hard so it has entertainment value in that way.
Cons: Pacing isn't great in the middle section of the run since there is a 40 minute section of mainly cutscenes and a bit of grinding. This time can be used to fully explain the glitches and setups used for the ending sections of the run.

Possible Donation Incentives: Character names, merchant Locke, character palette swaps (post sketch glitch), suplex the train, recruit Celes or KUTAN (locked in before run starts for naming purposes),  who sings Opera parts, menu BG.

Run Video: http://www.twitch.tv/thelcc/c/5275219
This time will likely go down a couple minutes as I will be practicing it for Scrubathon and isn't fully optimised yet.

---
System: PS1, PSN version would be played on a PS3.
Category: 108 Stars No Bribe Glitch, could also learn the Any% No Bribe Glitch route
Gameplay Estimate: 5:20
Ending / Bonus Estimate: 10 Minutes for ending, 3 minutes for bonuses

Pros: New(ish) invisible Viki glitch and some recently discovered RNG manipulation/updated route will add to the run compared to before. It has a good and nostalgic atmosphere.
Cons: Quite a bit of text mashing. Donation incentives somewhat lacking.

Possible Donation Incentives: Hero name, starting with Any% and adding 108 stars as a bonus, using Dice Game vs Marco Cups for gaining money.

Run Video: http://www.twitch.tv/thelcc/c/5024507
I have admittedly only completed one full run, but it isn't much slower than the record (4:42) and can go down considerably.
Game Name: Last Rebellion
System: PS3
Gameplay Estimate: 3:30 currently, would be updated to a shorter time well before the marathon.
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 10 minutes
Pros: The game has some interesting battle mechanics, including a combo system among other things that can get really interesting.  The game has some challenge early on, but tends to be a bit easier later in the run.  Story, while lacking, is a bit cheesy.  Quite a bit of RNG which can make for unexpected minor route changes. (My current route attempts to reduce this as much as possible of course.)
Cons: The game is extremely unknown.  The few times I've streamed the game people had no clue what it was, and my mentioning of it in #rpg got very few responses.  The story is a bit lacking. RNG can be problematic if really bad (and I mean REALLY bad).
Possible Donation Incentives: Which character I run around the maps with (continuous.  Can be changed on the fly with the push of a button.  Each character has their own bonus on the world map too.  Nine heals MP,  Aisha heals HP)
Sample run video: (in 2 parts because of old twitch highlighting)
Part 1: http://www.twitch.tv/valiuse/c/4834246
Part 2: http://www.twitch.tv/valiuse/c/4834269

The sample run is not the best, because it was my first actual run of the game. (it was for a fundraiser a friend was running)  I have quite a few updates on the run and plan on getting back to it asap.  I'm still trying to see if there's any glitches/tech, but so far I've had no luck.  While it still needs a bit of work, I think this kind of marathon would be the best place to showcase this game.
Edit history:
CVagts: 2014-11-02 01:33:07 pm
"Let's put a SMILE on that face!"
I am unsure of my chances of attending, but I will submit, if nothing else, to add a bit of info for a game that a few people have already submitted

System (Include both orignal system and system you plan to play on, if different): PS1 or PS3 (on PSN); PS3 is preferable but either is fine
Category (Any%, 100%, Glitchless, etc):  Any%/any% no bribe glitch, or 108-star (100%)/108-star no bribe glitch
Gameplay Estimate (excluding ending and bonus content):  3:45 (any%), 4:15 (any% no bribe), 4:45 (108-star), 5:20 (108-star no bribe)
Ending/Bonus Estimate (ending + any glitches/other bonus content you'd like to show post-run): 10-15 minutes
Pros/Cons (honest assessment based on above submission guidelines): 
Echoing what LCC said.  Some tweaks to the route over its last showing at C4L 2014, plus a chance to showcase a different category.  Good and nostalgic atmosphere with a recent swelling of popularity due to social media campaigns.  Difference between regular runs and no bribe glitch runs is not fighting bosses vs. fighting bosses.  Strats differ depending on if you do or don't fight them (time difference is somewhere between 25-30 minutes).
Cons are also what LCC said:  a lot of text mashing and lacking in donation incentives compared to other RPG.  The real strengths of the game/series are atmosphere, character development, and story, and those aren't the focus of a speedrun.
Possible Donation Incentives:  Hero name and castle name are universal.  Potential for bid war for bribe glitch/no bribe glitch, or for any% vs. 108.
any%: http://www.twitch.tv/cvagts/c/4713333
any% no bribe (very old): http://www.twitch.tv/cvagts/c/2512928
108-star (very old): http://www.twitch.tv/cvagts/c/2070499
108-star no bribe: http://www.twitch.tv/cvagts/c/3867438

The run is definitely learnable within a few months, so regardless of who can/can't attend and which category is chosen, there is definitely time for whoever runs it to have a good run ready
Game Name: Final Fantasy IV (2 US)
System (Include both orignal system and system you plan to play on, if different): SNES
Category (Any%, 100%, Glitchless, etc): Any% no 64
Gameplay Estimate (excluding ending and bonus content): 3:30
Ending/Bonus Estimate (ending + any glitches/other bonus content you'd like to show post-run): 20 mins or so
Pros: One of the perennial RPGs in existence, Final Fantasy IV is a game that really set the tone for SNES RPGs across the board. Since the last GDQ run of the route the strats have changed significantly, especially towards the end of the game. Many of the boss battles are handled at astoundingly low levels given the area since we choose to run from the majority of enemies until very nearly the end of the game, and that's always been something that seems to wow some people. Not to mention that some of the most legendary quotes come from FF4!
Cons: This particular route was run in the FF Relay as well as more recently at Deuce-con, so it's been showcased a bit more than the average RPG. Due to the fact that we skip the sealed cave, there are a number of back to back airship cutscenes that are repetitive.

Possible Donation Incentives: Character names, exploding hovercraft, big doll Calbrena, fighting all 4 fiends, grabbing Excalibur for Edge ammo instead of drain spears, potentially choosing who to grind (rosa vs edge vs rosa/rydia) but that would play with some other incentives

Sample run video (encouraged but not required): http://www.twitch.tv/deuceler/c/5334911 (this was the run from Deucecon, I feel like that's the most accurate representation of what I would be offering)

I'm also capable of any%, estimate there is probably 2:15-2:20 like all others who have submitted (who all currently have better times there than I do). I was thinking, would it be possible to do both any% and then continue on with no-64? The only real route change that this would require is not doing shopping until the Dwarven Castle, and then having a safety save outside that would be reloaded after any% was completed. Then the FF4 run could be turned into a bit of a tag-team race. The first part of the run could be done by the any% runners, and then the latter half by the no-64 runners. Or we could even switch off at bosses or something crazy that we could figure out. Just a thought.
Edit history:
WanderingMind: 2014-11-10 10:41:32 pm
WanderingMind: 2014-11-10 01:58:56 am
Stay chill, be cool.
Game Name: Valkyria Chronicles II
System: PSP (digital copy), hooked up to TV/monitor with display cable
Category: Any% Normal
Gameplay Estimate: 4:45:00
Ending/Bonus Estimate: 20:00 (ending)

Pros/Cons: Valkyria Chronicles II for the PSP is the 2010 sequel to the 2008 original game on the PS3.  It is a squad-based strategy RPG with lots of maneuvering and actions done in real time, making it a very involved game outside of leveling up, squad management, and R&D development.  Gameplay is very much similar to the original game, but the focus here is on shorter, fast-paced missions that take place on small maps broken up into several areas.  VC2 has mission variety which includes capturing one or more bases, taking out an enemy commander, defending bases for a set amount of turns, tracking down boxes, and escorting APC vehicles to a goal point.  Tricks and strats used throughout the run include launching enemies out of bases with grenades, making ridiculous turret shots with the tank, and clipping through landmines.  Cutscenes and dialogue are entirely skippable and the game is made even faster with the ability to turn the enemy phase speed to instant.  While VC1 was fairly popular, VC2 completely flew under the radar during its release.  It was barely played in the west, but it should still be recognized since it is a sequel to the sleeper hit and the gameplay remains the same.

The biggest con for this game is the amount of RNG present during a run.  I run the game in a way that I can anticipate all kinds of RNG and react to things happening on the go.  However, two big run killers can happen at the same time early during a run: not getting enough material drops for two important tank upgrades and not getting a random turret drop in a timely manner.  Both can happen about 30 minutes into a run and I will prepare a safety save to cover both worst case scenarios.  There is also some downtime during the defend missions, though that can be taken as neutral rather than as a con.

Possible Donation Incentives: Naming the tank and the class.

VoD: http://www.twitch.tv/thewanderingmind/c/5468737 - The WR for this game at 4:31:16.

Speedruns for this game have seen much improvement over the course of this year as new strats are found and the route is regularly being remade.

Tales of Xillia

See everyone else's submissions for this