Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/RiverCityRansom.html

River City Ransom (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote from CarpetCrawler:
This was a fun run to watch live. The only thing that didn't go really well in the run is Darkwing's Warehouse. Some mis-timed jumps which while comical as a viewer I imagine are one of the most aggravating minor things about running this game for hours at a time.

Most verifiers are probably going to go gaga over the Dragon Twins fight, and that's natural, the strat on the Dragon Twins fight is always awesome and the execution was fantastic, but to me special shoutouts go to Darkwing's slick dodging in the area that's outside the entrance of River City High. This game is a nailbiter when you're running on low health, and those dodges were great to watch live. In general this run improves pretty well on feasel's run and I don't see anyone beating it for a quite a bit. ACCEPT

Quote from UraniumAnchor:
A/V's good, though there's a bit of noise on the video compared to the old run. Not horrible, probably just random NES noise.

This run and the old run go back and forth a bit on who gets better sections, but after the first minute or so this run takes the lead and never looks back. Pretty cut and dry, really. Though there's still some rough spots, at this point it comes down almost as much to RNG as it does execution, just like most brawlers.

Accept.

Quote from feasel:
Run is legitimate;  no cheating.
AV quality is fine.
Very small changes to the route, but at this point there isn't anything major that can be changed without new discoveries being made.  Stone Hands and Dragon Feet do the same damage, so it's a matter of where you prefer the hitbox to be.  Using a weapon against the first Boss saved a few seconds, at the cost of additional resets.  RNG was neither terrible nor great -- more time was probably lost to uncooperative enemies than execution errors (the warehouse and accidentally picking up fallen enemies).
Good run.  ACCEPT

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'Darkwing Duck'!
Thread title:  
SGL Scrublord
BARF!....err, um good work DW.
Highly Evolved
Thank you for the verification.  {Enter game} means a lot to me and it's a privilege to get a time of {enter time}.  Hopefully, this game is part of a grand update that includes {enter other speedruns}.