1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/ResidentEvilGC.html

Resident Evil (Gamecube) (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
I watched this run be completed live and have been following the runners progress closely. There is definitely no cheating here.

The run was captured using the EzCAP guide on the forum so video and audio are fine.

The run time is 1:31:40 (we can use the in-game timer) which makes the run 2:06 faster than the 1:33:46 by Shawn Jones. This is simply by having faster strategies and better boss fights.

There are mistakes but most of them are just random bad luck.

It's a very solid run and since it beats the current run by over 2 minutes, an easy accept.

Quote:
He could have eliminated one item box. Other than that, some bad luck, but he's at the mercy of RNG. Improvement to be made, but it's an improvement over the current run on the site, and a substantial one too.

Weak accept, but it's good. GJ.

Quote:
Good evening/morning Flip,
  REmake here.  All tech passes.  No cheating.
  Definitely a good run through.  Even at speed, this is a reminder that the mansion is one of the best gaming experiences out there.  This remake was a great reason to own the Cube.  Clearly the runner knows his way around.  There was nothing too glaring about the run to mention.  A lot of good action and close calls.  It was enough to keep me up until 1:21 in the morning to finish watching it.  I'd type more detail, but it's late and I'm passing out.  Besides, it's an ACCEPT for me.  What more needs to be said?

Quote:
Hiya,
I´d like to write an in depth verification but I dont have much time and dont want to hold the release of this run back. I watched the run live from start till end, so I just checked the quality of the video and didnt watch the entire run again.
Audio/Video: All good, nothing to complain.
Cheating: Nope
Improvement over the old run: 2+ minutes

The runner did a good job. Very little mistakes in it but hey, its single segment plus many things are just random.
Congratz - ACCEPT

Quote:
Hey,

Sorry for delayed reply, caught me whilst I was uber busy (so this'll be brief but hopefully sufficient).

* No complaints of video or audio quality, more than sufficient
* No cheating evident
* A few sloppy(ish) mistakes (running into walls for a second or two when entering from other rooms and a few hiccups, but nothing major).
* Excellent route, some very sweet moves and close calls to keep you entertained.

Not perfect, but as the other verifiers have also noted, it's faster than the current site best, so it's an accept from me. Good Job! Smiley

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Derrick 'The Deity' Eide!
Thread title:  
hi guys I've been trying to beat resident evil remake in under 150 the fastest times are anywhere from 129 to 140 my own time has been 157 I can't seem to get anything lower with jill and my time with chris is 215 I have this game down and remember everything and know all the short cuts but can't get any lower them my time of 157 I swear I feel like people cheat or something because I've watched the speedruns and have no clue where I am losing my time because with jill I skipped the second boss fight and skipp saving chris and still get a bad time I want at least 140 or 150 can anyone give me some tips I know the stair trick too maybe I'm not slaming my buttons fast enough lmao
Edit history:
Magnum66: 2013-01-27 06:13:24 pm
http://twitch.tv/Exisidis2
All I can suggest is just watch the runs and follow the routes? If you see what the best runs out there do, you should have no problems just copying that and getting a better time. It might even be something small you don't realize like getting the magnum. You shouldn't need the magnum in either Chris or Jill's run. I wish you the best of luck.