1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/ResidentEvil4.html

Resident Evil 4 (Any %) (Segmented) (pal) (wii)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
No Cheating is detected

The A/v quality is good

In game time- 1:34.26

SDA (My) time- 1:36:20

Notes/Thoughts
The execution in this run is nearly flawless to my eyes, it is a solid run that is perfect for SDA.
Their is some time loss in this run, most of which the runner pointed out himself, which was most likely less then 4-5 seconds over the course of the run.
The only thing I find odd is that the runner separates chp 4-2 & 4-3 which he noted as very easy stages, they could have been combined for some more time saving. Yes I realize this statement is contrary to the reason segmented runs are done, but he uses the same idea in earlier chapters to save more time.
Short of other major skip or route changes in RE4 there is very little to any improvement that can be made on this run.
There is a slight timing difference from in-game time compared to SDA's segmented run timing, as the runner noted himself using the pause menu stops the in-game timer, so it makes it a bit unreliable.

Final Decision
My final decision on this run is to

ACCEPT IT.

Quote:
Holy crap, I thought I replied to this.  So sorry to the runner.  But this was a great run, I was very impressed throughout.  I'll get right to it and ACCEPT.  There is no reason not to push this through.

Quote:
A/V is good, no cheating detected.

It's hard to say something when a run is so good, so let's begin with the conclusion: it's an easy accept.
There are some places where more agressive strategies could be used, but it would required a lot more luck, near insane sometimes. This run is really good, and beat it is goanna be hard. Maybe some new strats inspired from the TAS and the recent discoveries concerning the rank may help. Anyway, congrats to the runner for this run!

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Robert 'Sunblade' Brandl!
Thread title:  
We all scream for Eyes Cream
I guess the last verifier answered my question on if some of the TAS used strats were in this run Wink
Only Offense Will Survive
Thanks a lot for the great feedback!

Edit history:
Sunblade: 2013-06-28 10:53:34 am
I talked to IsraeliRD and 01:34:26 as the final result is fine. I had to talk to Flip and him because of the opinion of the first verifier. :-)
@Axel: Unfortunately I cant take over pretty much of SoulCals run.
Willing to teach you the impossible
Being this is the most resent RE4 thread, thought I would drop this here. A TAS was just done. HEAVY manipulation, but I figured something might be helpful somewhere. Videos available in the TASer's notes.

http://tasvideos.org/3986S.html
Due to the fact that this is a New Game speedrun, I was not able to take over anything.
There is nothing new in this run either but SoulCal did pretty well, almost perfect. Smiley

Blaze submitted his New Game speedrun a few months ago, you can find some strategies there.
Just to say that there are 2 mistakes on the front page : "it's a new game + normal difficulty" and "clocks in at 1:34:26"
Fixed. The people responsible for the typos have been sacked. The people responsible for sacking the people responsible have also been sacked.
Watched it again.

Congrats Robert!
Thanks. Smiley