Sad
<- 12
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Speedrun http://speedrunslive.com
Thanks ymh Cheesy (again sorry about the troubles and my bad english Sad )
No problem.
Let's see if I understand this...

There are two difficulties (Heavy and Light) and two versions (JP and non-JP) of the game (at least if I we restrict ourselves to PC). (The difficulties in the two versions don't correspond to each other, so one could alternatively say there are four difficulties instead.) In the Japanese version, the two non-JP difficulties are also available by selecting "Arrange mode" at the start. The two runs on the site and this one are done on the Japanese version ("Original mode") and Heavy difficulty (or "Hard", as it was called in NA).

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on anything I said above. However, assuming the above is correct, wouldn't it be relevant to then mention on the game page that the current runs were done on the JP-version?

Quote from JulianManuelR:
If you choose Light mode automatically you'll start with a machine gun equipped in the game, and if you check the chest too you'll find a lot of ammo and some weapons like the magnum, etc.

Wouldn't this automatically invalidate "knife-only"/"low%" on Light difficulty? In that case, why even mention the difficulty?
I dunno if i call exactly version, here are the possible combinations

Original - Heavy Mode (this is the difficulty selected in this run)
Original - Light Mode

Arrange - Heavy Mode
Arrange - Light Mode

Both have japanese text, the difference is on the damage that you receive and the resistance of some enemies like Nemesis, but both are Japanese version.

Carcinogen can answer some things about this.
Edit history:
ymh: 2016-05-28 09:10:29 am
Quote from ktwo:
However, assuming the above is correct, wouldn't it be relevant to then mention on the game page that the current runs were done on the JP-version?
Yes, I feel it's relevant.

Quote from ktwo:
Wouldn't this automatically invalidate "knife-only"/"low%" on Light difficulty? In that case, why even mention the difficulty?
Knife-only apparently means that you only use the knife, but it's alright if you have a weapon in your inventory (in that case the machine gun). As you can see in any Hard Mode run, you automatically pick up a pistol at the start, but then you ditch it.
So it looks like a Knife-only on Light Mode is possible (if you ditch the machine gun).

My two cents
Thanks for the replies. I have changed the category so it will be labeled with the same difficulty as the other two runs once it gets posted on the front page. Changing the version on the game page would take a little more effort. I think it's best to wait with that until someone actually submits a run on the arrange mode.
Thanks ktwo, and sorry about the inconvenients Sad next time i'll be more focus in this process