Sad
page  <- 1234567891011121314 -> <- 1 .. 7 .. 14 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
twitch.tv/deadrobots
???It was my video originally. I just capped my own runs vod (since you can't highlight a highlight I don't think...... Maybe I shoulda checked) , it shows at the beginning of the vod lol. It's just because I'm capping it's vod instead of capping straight from game it lowers quality was all I was saying.
Unless you meant who's skip because animatedwhale found the actual skip.
Edit history:
Traivlin: 2015-04-13 01:39:40 pm
Traivlin: 2015-04-13 01:39:25 pm
Traivlin: 2015-04-13 01:36:02 pm
Traivlin: 2015-04-13 01:35:48 pm
Traivlin: 2015-04-13 01:33:16 pm
Traivlin: 2015-04-13 01:32:45 pm
Youtube is telling me 22 minutes until it's uploaded. HYPE

This utilizes the taking no fall damage trick and it's just plain stupid other than that. Smiley

twitch.tv/deadrobots
Wait there's a taking no fall damage trick? lel what? Now I'm really interested in seeing this.
Yes, but that wasn't found by me. It was found by zero shift on page 1:

Quote from zero shift:
I may have found a way to negate fall damage.

In the shopping mall where you have to pursue Trace and the mourners throw him to the lower floor, you then have to climb along the ledges around this area then drop to a lower one which breaks and Nilin falls in a short cut scene.

From the platform where you start your jump to the ledges, you will die instantly from a fall this high. From here I accidently fell and survived, no damage, and was able to repeat it many times.

Unfortunately if you do this, when you approach Trace, you can't search his memory. The command doesn't appear at all leaving you stuck. This sucks for this part but at least shows us that it's possible to drop from high places unhurt. I can't remember anywhere earlier where this could be used but I'm sure there's some.

The conditions, near as I can tell, might make this difficult. The jumping mechanics in this game are very glitchy. I was actually trying to do the airwalk glitch when this happened. I ran at the edge then realized I needed more of a run up so I hit the opposite direction which makes Nilin do a quick sliding stop and turn. I believe I survived the fall because I did this slide off the edge. Usually she auto grabs if you try to run off.

He just hadn't found a way to use it for anything, but I found one.
twitch.tv/deadrobots
LOL how did I never read that xD ORZ I'm such a scrub, zero senpai I'm sorry. Nice find though, excited to see it Tongue
It's a really stupid strat, believe me xD
Edit history:
Traivlin: 2015-04-13 02:35:08 pm
Traivlin: 2015-04-13 02:35:04 pm
Traivlin: 2015-04-13 02:35:02 pm
Traivlin: 2015-04-13 02:34:35 pm
Traivlin: 2015-04-13 02:31:31 pm
Traivlin: 2015-04-13 02:29:58 pm
Traivlin: 2015-04-13 02:29:00 pm
Traivlin: 2015-04-13 02:27:28 pm
Traivlin: 2015-04-13 02:27:09 pm
Alright... unfortunately, with my skip, the airwalk directly to the elevator

doesn't work anymore. I'm not sure which one is faster. Mine skips the climbing to Captain Trace, the Captain Trace memory steal, 2 mourners corridor and the 2 mourners fight.
Maybe someone could time both strats?

Edit: Wait, is there maybe a healing station somewhere near the elevator? If yes, then one could at least airwalk to this point and then proceed as normal.

Also, Youtube takes awfully long to process today ._. Sorry for that. Update: It's processed now, but it will probably take a while longer for 1080p!

twitch.tv/deadrobots
I know a way to reset the door cutscene checkpoint but I don't know if after it resets it would register it as being powered on or not. I WILL GO TEST. And that's really cool and silly that you can do that lel.
Edit history:
Traivlin: 2015-04-13 02:48:56 pm
Yeah, I've tried airwalking to the elevator, but that thing wasn't powered after the cutscene, even if I reloaded the last checkpoint. I haven't tried returning to the menu though, so maybe someone could check that also? I'm testing a bit more.
twitch.tv/deadrobots
I somehow just alt tabbed out of game and it didn't pause. ?!?!?!?!?!
Hmm, life is strange sometimes Roll Eyes
Hmm, some nice stuff still being found.
The 2 mourners can be skipped now? Crazy. I forgot most of that area so the video didn't make much sense to me. Just remember the elevator skip.

I've been working on trying to get to The Leaking Brain directly from the Jax sign without being able to see die to the camera angle. I'm sure it's possible to get there. I airwalked from my original skip point just to test the direction, so I can guess from the lower point of the Jax sign you would be able to trigger the cutscene. Don't really care now.

I got my vids off my old hard drive so I might upload them later. Just more OOB exploration.

I remember finding two of the crane while I was wandering in the void. I thought my game was messing up. Very nice skip AnimateWhale.

That no fall damage part is weird. Sometimes it doesn't work so would be risky to attempt. I hardly play this anymore but sometimes get the urge to test certain areas. I really can't help but mess around in the sewers a lot. I'm sure something is possible there.
Something potentially interesting that I've found while testing

This lets you jump midair and grab ledges that would normally be too far away otherwise.
Could have more uses, but that's it for now.
twitch.tv/deadrobots
http://www.twitch.tv/manifestmechanics/c/6535463 the most interesting thing I found today
Yeah it happens a lot when failing jumps. Never tested it though so yeah who knows what it could lead too.

Another strange thing is when you're attempting to airwalk and you jump, then somehow Nilin turns in the air and grabs the ledge you jumped from. Has this ever happened to you? One time I jumped and she turned back and it triggered a fight on the other platform so I was stuck in battle mode, out of reach of the enemies.

I was thinking maybe this return jump could trigger the airwalk on ledges you jump from, which would open up HUGE possibilities in places where you jump to some like a wall that can't be airwalked from.
twitch.tv/deadrobots
"Another strange thing is when you're attempting to airwalk and you jump, then somehow Nilin turns in the air and grabs the ledge you jumped from. Has this ever happened to you? One time I jumped and she turned back and it triggered a fight on the other platform so I was stuck in battle mode, out of reach of the enemies." Literally all the time, it did so a bunch when I was testing today.
Yes, I know exactly what you mean. I believe it happens when you jump at the last possible position off of a grabable platform. Needs more testing though.
Edit history:
Traivlin: 2015-04-14 09:13:48 am
Traivlin: 2015-04-14 09:02:45 am
Traivlin: 2015-04-14 08:51:03 am
Alright, I've seen DeadRobots's stream yesterday. He timed the difference between the Trace + Mourners skip and the elevator skip. He came to the conclusion, that the time is about even. Today, I've rewatched his stream and just tried to count how many seconds approximately could be saved on his episode 7 with elevator skip run, if done perfectly. I still have my notes and how I calculated everything, if anyone wants to see them, but my results were, that it takes approximately 3:16 minutes to steal Traces memory, get Edges call, go through the corridor, fight the mourners and go through the corridor again.
It takes 22 seconds with the elevator skip to push the elevator button. The same task can be accomplished in 3:02 without the skip. So the elevator skip saves about 2:40 minutes.

Summarizing:
3:16 -
2:40
=
0:36 saved with the mourner skip

+
0:21 (potentially saved time with the No Damage Fall, which skips climbing to Trace and the cutscene, where Nilin grabs the light and falls to the floor)
=
0:57 saved

I'll try to record a timed video of both versions and put it on Youtube, but it may take a while.
Edit history:
Traivlin: 2015-04-23 02:26:42 am
Traivlin: 2015-04-23 02:25:59 am
Traivlin: 2015-04-14 05:13:33 pm
Traivlin: 2015-04-14 05:01:52 pm
Traivlin: 2015-04-14 04:59:10 pm
Traivlin: 2015-04-14 04:58:58 pm
Traivlin: 2015-04-14 04:57:44 pm
Traivlin: 2015-04-14 04:51:19 pm

No idea if this was known already, but I've found an airwalk, that skips the whole floating market area in episode 1, which saves like 2 to 3 minutes.
I'm also summarizing the route from the beginning of the Floating Market to the Leaking Brain. Enjoy!
I'm on fire!

Also I've realized that there are instances, where you can load a checkpoint and attack earlier than you normally could. I can only confirm that it works on the first skinner fight, second phase.
That's the one where you can't hit him before you haven't killed every leaper. You're unable to move for 6 seconds before you can act, but you can just reload the checkpoint and that pause will be gone.
Of course that has no real value, if your reloading time exceeds 6 seconds, which could be the case on console - I don't know.
I think it was discussed earlier in this topic. It never worked for me. Could be something that doesnt work on PS3 unless you can only do it if you run through the wall? I was olny trying from under the bridge and running straight over to it.
Edit history:
Traivlin: 2015-04-14 06:15:41 pm
Traivlin: 2015-04-14 06:13:34 pm
Traivlin: 2015-04-14 05:30:03 pm
Traivlin: 2015-04-14 05:29:50 pm
Traivlin: 2015-04-14 05:29:17 pm
Traivlin: 2015-04-14 05:29:15 pm
Traivlin: 2015-04-14 05:29:14 pm
In the video, I'm doing it under the bridge. It works both ways though. As far as I remember, this wasn't discussed before either.
I can't test it on PS3, because I don't own one, but I imagine that it works on all versions, because why shouldn't it?

Edit: I just got a really high airwalk at the pipe before the falling platforms, which are right before the Leaking Brain. The Leaking Brain area loaded, I was at the right height and every NPC loaded, but unfortunately Tommy Headache did not. So it's actually not possible to airwalk straight to Tommy Headache unfortunately.
Quote:
In the video, I'm doing it under the bridge. It works both ways though.

Yeah but you were still very close to the wall so you couldn't see Nilin as she approached the door. When I was testing it I ran from the part under the bridge where you can see everything. I could see Nilin clearly touching the door and I was mashing the button but nothing. I haven't tested your position yet so it could be something to do with why it wouldn't work for me.

[quote]I can't test it on PS3, because I don't own one, but I imagine that it works on all versions, because why shouldn't it?[quote]

It's quite common for there to be differences across platforms especially comparing PC to console. No idea if it's the case here as I haven't tested it yet. Nice work on skipping this area.

[quote]So it's actually not possible to airwalk straight to Tommy Headache unfortunately.[quote]

I can't remember that part in detail. Does the cut-scene activate when you get near Tommy or do you have to press something? Can you post a video of this? Even if it's useless as a skip it's still cool to see.
Edit history:
Traivlin: 2015-04-14 10:53:12 pm
Traivlin: 2015-04-14 10:52:30 pm
Traivlin: 2015-04-14 10:52:19 pm
Traivlin: 2015-04-14 10:51:55 pm
Traivlin: 2015-04-14 10:51:38 pm
Traivlin: 2015-04-14 10:41:07 pm
Quote:
It's quite common for there to be differences across platforms especially comparing PC to console. No idea if it's the case here as I haven't tested it yet.

Alright, someone should really test this, would be good to know!

Quote:
I can't remember that part in detail. Does the cut-scene activate when you get near Tommy or do you have to press something? Can you post a video of this? Even if it's useless as a skip it's still cool to see.

The cutscene activates when you're near Tommy, you don't have to press anything.
Okay, I'll just upload some funny random stuff that happened while I was testing episode 1, including this Smiley

Edit:

I'm currently uploading, should be up in like 15 minutes:

No Southpark jokes were accidentally used in the making of this video.
Found this today. Strange that I didn't find this last time. It did fail once today so I'm guessing it depends on the angle when you go back through the entrance. Read the description.

Nice, I bet there's even more unused potential. I'll just go episode by episode to see if I can find new stuff to break this game even further ;P I think that was it for episode 1 for now though.