--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Quote from Shadowblade2193:
Rayman Origins: Super Slide Technique
Video

When you spin attack and hold down you go into a forward roll into a slide. I found if you spin attack letting go of sprint you get this little animation where you get a burst of speed. This is very precise but I discovered If you tap down just at the right moment you go straight into the sliding animation maintaining the speed of the animation at the end of spin attacking.

if you want something to look into this might prove useful. Twyn and I messed around with it some when we played but couldn't ever understand it.
Yes, we saw this too, but we still don't understand, we can't use it actually,  because we are at prologue and we still can't understand too :/
Edit history:
UberGoose: 2013-11-10 04:28:50 am
UberGoose: 2013-11-10 04:27:49 am
UberGoose: 2013-11-09 07:59:25 pm
UberGoose: 2013-11-09 07:58:36 pm
So I'll bump this now and update my post later. But this game is broken, at least enough to create a new category.

Basically, you connect a second controller and then run player 1 offscreen, suicide on the second controller and you get a death on a screen without any obstacles. Use this on 10-1 and you are automatically into world 10 without any bosses. This allows you to get 50 teensiesELECTOONS to access world 10 and beat the game then and there, possible under 1 hour.

Edit with video:

Just to make sure, I didn't discover this, I believe a japanese runner found it but I can't find out who it was, so please if you guys find it let me know.

Edit 2: The original founder of the glitch is a French runner who goes by "Ensg Master" on youtube, his "WR" vid:
Edit history:
Manocheese: 2013-11-10 12:50:18 am
Yes, a cucco riding the ground.
Wow, awesome trick. You'd think they would have been a little more careful with the level skip feature.
Finally got a 50electoons runs I'm proud of

My splits :

EnsgMaster got a nice 53:41 couple of days ago. He found 3 or four strats in world 1 that I didnt know about. Can potentially save 2s on my run using them. http://www.twitch.tv/ensgmaster/c/3355381
We'll do the 100% TAS and not the any% cuz too boring.
Kabump again!
I'm not sure but I got a theory (it should work) of a TAS Only strat, when sliding if you jump then press down + rejump in a some frames windows, Rayman speed will grow :p
aka theenglishman
Would a 100% TAS be four-player?
Edit history:
Rayman: 2014-01-03 09:40:23 am
Nah, it would be single player, because I would have luck If I'll get only 1 desync in the run with 1 player. With 4 player. I would have a desync every 10 frames (Joking [Or not?])
It's still an idea for 100%. I could still do a deathless. Hesitating
Sadly. Project will be given up. Dolphin is too desync friendly with this game Sad
Hey all.  I just picked this game up and am having a blast playing it when I stumbled on this thread.  I was just curious if all levels if still a category that is being run or considered.  I am thinking about running it, and would like to have a World record to shoot for (even if I never get close).  I can't see cutting out half of the game that is so fun, and 100% is just too long of a run for me.
All levels certainly is still a category though I believe everyone calls it 130 electoons at this point. Twyn_o's 1:58:29 is the record currently. http://www.twitch.tv/twyn_o%0A/c/2763097

It'd be great to see someone new pick this game up since most of us that ran it before are just too busy to anymore. Smiley Good Luck!
Very nice.  Thanks for the link, I'll have to check that out.
Quote from Sonikkustar:
I managed to discover wallzipping.

Would this be useful in a run?

I understood how he performed that, it's very rare when you can do this I think, lemme see if you can pull it off somewhere

Welp.
Edit history:
keylie: 2016-08-23 05:18:18 am
Quote from Red_Buddha:
Quote from Shadowblade2193:
Rayman Origins: Super Slide Technique
Video

When you spin attack and hold down you go into a forward roll into a slide. I found if you spin attack letting go of sprint you get this little animation where you get a burst of speed. This is very precise but I discovered If you tap down just at the right moment you go straight into the sliding animation maintaining the speed of the animation at the end of spin attacking.

if you want something to look into this might prove useful. Twyn and I messed around with it some when we played but couldn't ever understand it.

I was able to reproduce it on Dolphin.
The sprint button does not matter, you just have to let go the down button at the very end of the spin attack (exactly 3 frames before the end of the animation). This is a frame perfect trick.