Sad
page  <- 12345678910 -> <- 1 .. 7 .. 10 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Quote from Endless:
Definitely material for a segmented speedrun, but it looks impressive as hell. Can you afford enough RC cars to do all this in a speedrun?

That remains to be seen, but I think so. You can collect many during the RC bomb quest and I won't need much ammo in a segmented run. I recently found out that you don't need any money to fast travel either, they just charge money if you have it on you.
Edit history:
Kitin: 2013-07-21 12:11:38 am
New way of doing the blue line station oob skip:

Both faster and easier. Will require 7 RC bombs though but taking the route saves 2 turrets and lots of ammo so I think that it adds up.
Really awesome find. I'd love to join in on the segmented run, however I think demo recording still doesn't work?
Quote from Sebastiaaaaan:
Really awesome find. I'd love to join in on the segmented run, however I think demo recording still doesn't work?

Not that I know of, I actually mailed id to ask how it works but they answered that they doesen't give support for console commands and directed me to the rage forums. Haven't tried there yet.

---

New skip. It's hard to see but i shot a exploding barrel before i hit the ground to die the proper way, cratering doesen't allow for revives.
Edit history:
Kitin: 2013-07-21 09:28:42 am
Another one:

Edit:

New way of doing the authority bridge skip:

Dat canyon skip... wow. How did you find that, low gravity and just jump around?
Dat canyon skip... wow. How did you find that, low gravity and just jump around?

The newest version of the game has the noclip command, other then that I knew that you can clip through everywhere in the canyon pretty much, id didn't bother placing many invisible walls there.
Edit history:
Sebastiaaaaan: 2013-07-21 03:41:13 pm
So you can skip the first cutscene (the car drive), however I haven't really found a use for it yet. Ghost hideout is empty

edit: so there's an 'id'-labelled car standing around that you can actually use. it also happens to be indestructible. you can jump the gate with a well timed rocket, but once again you are unable to get into Wellspring.. durr
Edit history:
Kitin: 2013-07-22 02:08:34 am
Kitin: 2013-07-22 12:02:27 am
So you can skip the first cutscene (the car drive), however I haven't really found a use for it yet. Ghost hideout is empty

edit: so there's an 'id'-labelled car standing around that you can actually use. it also happens to be indestructible. you can jump the gate with a well timed rocket, but once again you are unable to get into Wellspring.. durr

There seems to be impossible to skip whole missions in rage unfortunately. The mission triggers is sturdy as phuk.

How did you manage to skip the cutscene though? Iirc, there's a big "death wall" around the place.

Edit:

This is probably the biggest skip the jackal canyon could have:

Might not be possible to get enough forward momentum when you get over the invisible wall though.
Edit history:
Kitin: 2013-07-22 11:20:40 am
Kitin: 2013-07-22 04:38:04 am
A dead city skip that saves 45-50 sec:

This one will require that you do the RC bomb quest before the dead city and that rerouting might cost more time. There might however be other ways to do it without the RC bombs, letting the ai knock you up there might work.

Other than this the RC bombs opens up for an obvious alternative skip at the gearhead powerplant that will save some time. I believe this to be all the skips you can do with the RC bombs, but it's possible that i missed something. 

Edit: Only 2 bombs is required for the dead city skip.
Edit history:
Endless: 2013-07-22 01:14:40 pm
Endless: 2013-07-22 01:14:18 pm
(useless post, Kitin already found a better way through here)
That one is possible without bombs, posted a video about it on page 5. Smiley
Edit history:
Endless: 2013-07-22 01:14:53 pm
Ah, I just found that method and thought I was smart. Well...
Quote from Endless:
Ah, I actually just found that and thought I was smart. Well...

It could be usefull in single segment since the jump I did can be pretty hard, even though i managed to do it in my single segment run.

On another note, I managed to do the authority prison skip reversed (up through the hole in the roof at the begining and then jump out to the courtyard), it's pretty tedious however and you need to run back a bit to activate some triggers so it might not be worth it.
Quote from Kitin:

There seems to be impossible to skip whole missions in rage unfortunately. The mission triggers is sturdy as phuk.

How did you manage to skip the cutscene though? Iirc, there's a big "death wall" around the place.

Edit:

This is probably the biggest skip the jackal canyon could have:

Might not be possible to get enough forward momentum when you get over the invisible wall though.

It's a ramp jump very close next to the death zone, I could provide a video but as you've said there doesn't seem to be a way to skip any missions.

I'll try out the jackal canyon skip, could you provide a savegame?  (so I have the proper armor etc, just loading the map won't suffice I guess)
It's a ramp jump very close next to the death zone, I could provide a video but as you've said there doesn't seem to be a way to skip any missions.

I'll try out the jackal canyon skip, could you provide a savegame?  (so I have the proper armor etc, just loading the map won't suffice I guess)

Oh okey. A quick way of testing potential sequence brakes is by using noclip, you should be able to use it if you're running the newest version by just typing noclip in the console.

The armors doesen't matter much, the weakest armor in the game survives 5 rc bombs which is the maximum amount you can put out. I already overwrote the save file I used in the canyon unfortunately.
Good to know, I'll give it a go
Edit history:
Kitin: 2013-07-22 02:59:46 pm
Good to know, I'll give it a go

Had a file from close before the canyon so I attached a save file from the beggining of the canyon if you don't want to play through most of the game to get there, i have 10 rc bombs in the inventory.

edit: I have an item from the scorchers dlc in the inventory though so you might not be able to load it if you don't have the dlc.
Attachment:
"This save is from a newer version of the game and cannot be loaded."
No such luck.
Quote from Endless:
"This save is from a newer version of the game and cannot be loaded."
No such luck.

You're running the old version right? If you have the new .exe you might be able to load with that.
If you skip the first (technically it's the second) cutscene and enter/exit the ghosthideout, Dan Hagar will be in his usual spot waiting for you. You can actually accept the first quest from him. Problem is, the hangar is closed and you can't get in.

Even if you manage to speak to him somehow, I don't see this saving much time (Driving cutscene vs strafing from ghost hideout to settlement) - however, you get to keep the indestructible id-car (http://666kb.com/i/cg0od7mar674q6uh5.jpg), which might prove useful.
I tried it with both, no luck on either.
Haha, just tried it out and that's really cool Sebastian. The house roof has collider surface unfortunately so it's probably impossible to enter.
Hey Kitin, have you done a run to figure out what items and ammo you need for the segmented run?
Edit history:
Kitin: 2013-07-22 11:29:46 pm
Kitin: 2013-07-22 11:28:27 pm
Quote from Endless:
Hey Kitin, have you done a run to figure out what items and ammo you need for the segmented run?

No not yet, I want to find every little skip first so that everything is on the table. I need to change the routing as well in order to use the dead city skip and I don't know how. Right now i'm thinking the excact same route as in my speedrun (/watch?v=o7Q3Hxas1q4) until i've went and delivered supplies and spoken to Kvasir (0:37:07) , then instead of going directly to the dead city I fast travel back to wellspring to get the RC bomb quest from sheriff black. Then i go do the RC bomb quest, then I ride directly to the dead city, then I ride directly to Kvasir again and then i fast travel back home. Any other ideas?