Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Flip: 2013-08-30 01:18:11 pm
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Rad Raygun (Any %) (Single Segment) [All Bosses]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Patrick 'PJ' DiCesare!
Thread title:  
1-Up!
Run Information

Rad Raygun (Any %) (Single Segment) [All Bosses]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/Rad%20Raygun/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Aug. 29, 2013.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
The Great Farming Empire
Audio Quality - Good
Video Quality - Good

Not much to say except it looks quite optimized. Easy Accept from me.
Is PJ
Here's a link on youtube in case you don't want to download the run:

Get over here!
I've seen the run being done live. Watched the youtube one too.

A/V - Good.
Gameplay - Some tricks shown are actually a lot harder to pull off. There are quite a few softocks / death zones in this game. Overall highly optimized.

I can easily Accept this.
Not a walrus
You better offer this for a marathon.

Accept.
raising the stakes on being bad!
Cheats: None                    A/V: Great
Thoughts:
Your standard PJ run he ground out the game until he got a clean run that no one would dislike, there are small errors, nothing compared to a past pb I felt was submitable, I need to up my sda game Tongue also for a one dollar game it has bee worked to death for speed running routes >.>
The Menuing in this run is ridiculous, the menus are frustrating and can be less then responsive, as I have seen from PJ’s attempts at this game :/
Final decision:
ACCEPT IT

Now to get back to my verification I volunteered, and am completely qualified for Tongue
Formerly known as Skullboy
I've lurked in some streams of this game and have seen the OOB become prevalent quickly.
A/V are fine. There is no sign of cheating. Run is fun to watch and has great music. I accept this run.
HELLO!
Looks like A/V has been covered. So I'll watch the youtube Smiley

Starting in Washington the dodging looked awkward. Then I saw why. I feel like a minute in we're already breaking the game wide open with that infinite dashing.  That can't be intended can it?  that just doesn't look natural. Then we do it again.

Oh look now we're zipping at 2:51 it looks like?

For a game that reminds me of Mega Man X, we're sure doing precious little killing and an awful lot of just going where we want, when we want.

I have a feeling I'd be even more impressed with how broken this is if I'd heard of the game before.

Oh look, we just went through a ceiling at 5:20. Now THAT can't be intended.

6 minutes in I feel like this is surely an Accept, but I'll keep watching.

Ha, 6:45. Wall, what wall?

Wow these are kind of long stages.  Whelp, run over, world saved.

Accept
Is PJ
Not sure why my comments aren't in there.  I'm sure I uploaded them.  Sorry, everybody!  I attached them again.
Like PJ says, Washington looks pretty ugly at the start but it's nothing reject worthy.

Irafghanisan goes really smooth, boss luck clearly above average and execution is on point.

Back to Berlin, this level is pretty easy to mess up in the beginning, PJ handles it well and crushes the boss.

Chernobyl, this stage is pretty straight forward, the boss is the only variable for a good time in this level and boss was OK. You can't manipulate any of the bosses and for this stage I'd say it's fine as long as the boss don't regenerate it's health back.

Moscow is the most interesting stage, a lot of places to super jump and zip. PJ nails all the tricks and keeps his momentum through the stage. Final boss was despatched in a matter of seconds and can hardly give you any better patterns.

I agree with everything PJ says in his comments and for how awkward the controls are in this game PJ makes it look easy.

Accept
Not a walrus
I have spent way too much time listening to the soundtrack for this game over the last couple of days. This is all your fault, PJ.
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Quote from UraniumAnchor:
I have spent way too much time listening to the soundtrack for this game over the last couple of days. This is all your fault, PJ.

Huh, I guess I'll be bookmarking this... oh yeah, also this run is great. I mostly just remember PJ getting irritated with the sloppy menus in this game when he streamed this, so the silly mistakes near the start are easily forgivable considering all the craziness that ensues afterwards.
1-Up!
Decision posted.