Sad
<- 12345 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Quote:
I forgot to mention that I've also uploaded some recams I had laying around. It would be cool if the entire project could be recammed, but it depends on how many I can get to actually do it...

I had a crack at e1m7 (11 seconds of action, how hard can it be? ;-)):

http://starship.python.net/crew/mwh/e1m7s.dz

It's not polished to a finish, but let me know what you think.
I did e4m1 in 51 and it's DONE now.
Hey Ho Let's Go
SWEEET demo Joe! You can recam it now....  Grin
Hey Ho Let's Go
YAY! I improved e3m3 by 1 second, too bad it's 0:53.2, but I've nearly spent two weeks, playing an average of 2-3 hours a day, to get this sucker! It's the most frustrating EH demo I've ever done as far as I can recall. Getting the monsters into the right position in an entire run is nearly impossible! They're all cunts! Oh, and I was extremely lucky with the last grenade kill, almost took 3 of them baddies out with one single shot  Smiley

We're getting closer and closer to the "final" demos. Just e4m6 and e4m7 to go now (Timo, any progress on these?), and maybe a few other improvements, though most of them will be hard to get.

And hopefully I can get enough people to recam so we can turn this thing into a fullblown project. That'd be nice!
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Hehe..  I haven't played quake for 2 weeks.. Smiley There's too much other things to deal with now..  maybe on the next week I could play.. can't promise anything.

Time will be like 1:18 - 1:20 on e4m6, can't do it faster.. the previous time isn't that bad.
Hey Ho Let's Go
Timo? When are you done screwing that girl of yours? We want to see e4m6  Wink
Hey Ho Let's Go
Connor improved Markus' e4m3... download the demo on the project page.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I sent you e4m6_119 I had done a long time ago..  now ppl can start playing e4m7. I'll probably improve it some day, but the stats won't change that much.

And I won't stop screwing around Smiley
Hey Ho Let's Go
Project page updated (again).

Will you try e4m7 yourself, or will you leave that up to someone else?
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I'll try it after you have made a demo on it first Smiley
Hey Ho Let's Go
Heh, bastard!
Edit history:
j0zz1e: 2004-03-19 08:21:43 pm
i made a recam of e4m1, hopefully you're gonna like it
http://delfin.unideb.hu/~sj0002/e4m1x051.dz

recommended FOV is 110
Hey Ho Let's Go
...and the project page has been updated accordingly  Smiley

Richard, any progress on that e4m8 recam/tutorial of yours?

Hudson, what about your e1m7 recam?
Hey Ho Let's Go
The project page has been updated with an e1m6 recam by Mathias Thore, he also did an .avi version. Go check it out: http://www.planetquake.com/sda/projects/qd100qlite2/
Hey Ho Let's Go
Michael did a recam on e1m7. Go have a looksie!
hey Michael, I'm interested about your the cam files you made for e1m7. How the fuck did you create that smooth round above Chthon?
Quote:
hey Michael, I'm interested about your the cam files you made for e1m7. How the fuck did you create that smooth round above Chthon?

If you download the file linked in the ".cam files" column, you'll see :-)

It's sufficiently complicated that I wrote a README.txt file for it, I'll paste it:
Because I'm a hopeless hacker geek, my cam file for e1m7 for the qd100lite2
project is somewhat script-generated.

In this archive we find:

e1m7s.cam       : the not-script generated part
spin.py, rot.py : the scripts that generate the remaic instructions
                  for the matrix style spin
e1m7spin.cam    : the output of the above
mergecam.py     : simple script for merging cam files
e1m7s3.cam      : the final merged cam file
I can produce other scripts on demand... I've been thinking about trying to make up a more generally useful library of recam-related stuff, but haven't got round to it (and not knowing if anyone else knows Python, it might be completely pointless anyway).
Probably a stupid question, but why does e3m6 only have 33/34 kills? the last creature probably dies later, right? but the screen turn blank before I can see it happening..
Hell is where the heart is.
If you listen very closely you will hear the final vore die just before the end of the demo. It's easier to hear, I think, if you slow the demo down.
Hey Ho Let's Go
...and we will of course fix the intermission screen before we release qd100qlite2, so you can actually see what's going on  Smiley
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
...and of course you can pull the console down and press +showscores... Tongue
Edit history:
Timppa: 2004-04-12 04:54:08 pm
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I made e4m7_118, 10 seconds faster than the previous time.
It doesn't look so good but it's pretty fast. Stubby?

Grab it from here: http://www.hut.fi/~tjniemi1/e4m7_118.dz
Hey Ho Let's Go
I'll watch it tomorrow when I get back from vacation.
Hey Ho Let's Go
e4m7 looks good, but it could be sped up in some places, so I don't think we should label it done just yet. Will you try and improve it any further, or should I/someone else?

Mathias did a sweet recam of e1m8, go have a looksie on the project page.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I could do 1:17, maybe 1:16, but not faster.. I'll do the quad-rj little better.  Have you got any ideas?