Edit history:
Flip: 2012-12-22 08:53:33 pm
Flip: 2012-12-21 09:52:46 am
Flip: 2012-12-09 06:21:07 pm
Flip: 2012-12-09 06:13:03 pm
1-Up!
96 exit run, Japanese version
http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/smw-v.mp4
Super Mario World 100% has changed a lot over the past year, in particular thanks to Cronikeys and Wawlconut who saved a lot of time with new routes through various levels. I didn't have a goal for this category, just wanted to get a run that didn't have major mistakes. Thats pretty much what I got here. The clips in Vanilla Dome 2 and Forest of Illusion 2 are not too hard with practice - but still rely on some rng luck to actually clip fully through the wall. Aside from that, most everything else is straight forward from watching the run or explained on www.smwwiki.com. I had a lot of fun with attempts and maybe will look to come back to this one day. It is possible to get under 1:25:00 with the route I used. Enjoy!

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Sunday, December 23rd, 2012

This is a trial run for public verification.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and edit in my verdict.

Decision: Accept

Reason: Everybody agrees that this run is excellently performed and it beats the existing record.

Congratulations to Jon O'Rourke!
Thread title:  
Willing to teach you the impossible
No run notes?
Japanese version is 20.8 seconds faster over US version.
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
*Imagines what will a public verification will look like*

Yeah... this is going to be fun.  ^_^
96 Exit = All Levels = 100% for this.
1-Up!
Comments added.
Would be helpful if the category was added too.
1-Up!
Added.
Video and audio quality are great, and there's obviously no cheating (run was streamed lived http://www.twitch.tv/dram55/b/341013444)

World comments:
Castle 1: Dram got optimal times on every level in world 1. Nothing else to say here.

Castle 2: Cape fly both times into the pipe in DP2, cuts ghosts as close as is possible to do in the ghost house, gets fast flying in DP3, and gets all the tough cape flies in castle 2. Two tiny missed jumps were the only mistakes, very optimal world 2.

Castle 3: Gets both OOB clips perfectly. No switch jump, reject Kappa. Tried Carl Strats in Ghost House though, so I guess I'll forgive him. Tough lava flies in VD3 went perfect. Great castle 3.

Star world/Special World: Great soda lake, honestly any% level of optimization of most levels in star world. Biggest improvements could be in SW1 getting another smashola for regular exit (maybe 3 seconds lost). 291 secret exit though HNNNNGGG. Lost a few seconds chasing yoshi in Mondo, but essentially perfect special world otherwise.

Castle 4: Excellent swimming levels and ghost house and nearly flawless vanilla secret (a very hard cape flying level that I've struggled with). Reznor quickkill, and then murdered castle 4.

Castle 5: First try OOB in FoI2 BOTH TIMES Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy It's literally luck-based (on the order of ~50%), so missing it once or twice is actually acceptable. SWITCH JUMP WITH YOSHI, YEAHHH.  Then moon skip. This truly was the god run. Fortress fly strat was great, followed by another reznor quickkill. Roy's castle lost capefly, but overall mostly only frame-level mistakes.

Castle 6: Coin farming strat was executed perfectly in CI2. Perfectly nailed the backup strat for choco fortress. Fast yoshi speed in CI5 hnnnggggg. Biggest mistake was not getting flying in castle 6, and we're talking a few seconds max.

Castle 7: Lost a little time in sunken ship waiting for ghosts. Perfect VOB1, perfect VOB2, perfect VOB Ghost house, including the difficult duck fly for the key, but missed door on round 2, perfect VOB3, perfect VOB4 twice, incredible castle 7 maneuvering troll magickoopa (he waits both at the start of the final room to scroll the screen even though you can't see the screen scroll, and near the boss door to prevent entering with capefly, so those are intended).

Bowser: perfect quick autoscroll in VOB2, gets the hard flying strats in fortress, and bowser's castle OF THE GODS. Flawless bowser fight.

OVERALL: Fuck deaths, this guy doesn't even get hit. Not one unintentional powerup loss. As of posting, this run is the world record, over a minute faster than the previous Japanese WR holder's run. This run is 6 and a half minutes faster than the current run on SDA, showing the extreme optimization that has occurred in this game over the last several years.

ACCEPT, PUBLISH IMMEDIATELY, ETC
Edit history:
Egg McMuffin: 2012-12-09 06:58:47 pm
Thank you Flip for letting me be one of the verifiers for another great game. The video quality is good. The audio quality, on the other hand, is okay. I'm not sure if it's my tv or not but some levels seemed to play no music while others do. There is no cheating whatsoever. I am totally amazed at the tricks the runner used. The runner had me biting my nails throughout Vanilla Dome 1 with the insane trickery used here. Every time the runner went under the level (OOB, maybe?) I thought for sure he would lose a life here. But he comes up cleaner than a whistle. The runner makes an insane attempt and succeeds with Vanilla Dome 2: the player goes OOB with the key that unlocks the Vanilla Dome Secret. How does he do it? By this I mean how does he enter the level with a cape or feather and not get hit at all? I'm almost ready to say cheating involved, but really there isn't, especially not with a run as legit as this one. There's too many other OMG/nail biter moments with this run, too many to list. And so I now say Accept.
Vanilla Dome 2 leads to Red Switch Palace and Vanilla Dome 3.
Insane Killer Robot
A/V was good, no cheating noticed.  I'm not usually good at going with details when I verify.  In any case, while I can't say the run was perfect, it was damn close.  The actions are all very optimized as well as the entire gameplay, and not getting hit once is nothing short of impressive.  Accept, I say!
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
Hmm... What I find interesting about this run in itself is the approach taken near the start.  I'm taking it that this run is pretty much close to the existing 100% run that is already on the site.  The runner goes straight towards the first castle instead of going for the yellow switch.  Another interesting not to show for here is the stage when you first get the super cape: The runner skips it while the existing run grabs it almost immediately; you would think that the cape is faster, but the runner on foot actually beats out the existing runs and grabs the cape in the next stage during a time when you can't really move the stage along any faster.

I could try and point out every small detail that the runner does better than the existing run, but that would take too long.  Pretty much this blows the previous 100% run out of the water by perhaps about six minutes and easily deserves an accept.  Of course due to different versions, the existing 100% probably stays on right?  if so, the american 100% needs an update.
You can get 360 with cape in Donut Plains 1 but you need fast flying which is 1/5 chance. Also it's faster to go to Yellow Switch Palace after Special World because you'll have a cape for Yoshi's Island 1 and Yellow Switch Palace.
www.smwwiki.com
The time differences are known and can be seen here: http://deanyd.net/smw/index.php?title=Version_Differences#JP_vs_US

As wawlconut already stated

Quote from Wawlconut:
Japanese version is 20.8 seconds faster over US version.
Not a walrus
JP and US are similar enough in this case that this would replace the current run.
Edit history:
Wawlconut: 2012-12-10 03:42:04 am
Should cut out the reset. Seems odd to have it included. Audio and video were also fun for me but I'll also point out that I kept rewinding and pausing the video at parts to make sure I saw what happened clearly.

YI2: When I saw all the style in the beginning I immediately knew the mood this run would set. Finished the level with 360 instead of 361. Too much style not enough speed.
YI3: Used the wooden platforms to speed up granting 259 which is great but jumping on all those koopas? I don't know but is this runner just really cocky?
YI4: The runner going for style over speed decided to spinjump on the shell instead of doing a shelljump and settled for a 275 instead of a 276. This must be a race instead of a speedrun.
C#1: Runner got 241. Fence and Iggy strats weren't optimal. May the frames that were expended rip in piece.
DP1: Runner avoided the cape (the item that makes Mario FASTER than running speed would allows you get 358-360 but that requires fast flying for 360 and the next level is an autoscroller with a cape) and swagrunned the rest of the level getting 360.
DP2: This swaggamer can't even block dupe. Why am I even bothering watching this. Got a 308 due to entering the pipe slowly and hitting the upper platform in room 2. 310 is optimal.
GSP: 1/4
DP2: Redemption was had with a block dupe and some screenscrolling thing with hitting a block off screen to make a coin appear on the right side of the screen. Didn't get fast flying in room 2 causing 308 to happen. Is this a Let's Play?
DGH: Perfect. Went for all the risks. Got rewarded.
DGH: Did some weird spinjump in room 2 that I believe costed him 283.
DP3: I see the swaggamer likes to show off the sky and LOSE FRAMES. Got a 263. Optimal time.
DP4: Swagdived. I don't even know what to think about that Yoshi mount (the set up was great) but man was it something I wish I never saw. So sloppy the swaggamer had to jump again to properly mount his noble steed. Got 255 instead of a hefty 258.
C#2: I wonder if the spinjump is frames slower instead of just turning around. It does make it easier though to spinjump. Missed Fireflower at the end...got 355 instead of 357.
VD1: Went for what I believe is a 2 frame P-Speed trick in the beginning and failed. Didn't avoid both walls near the end (it is possible but you highly risk death. Got a 337 when 340 is optimal I believe.
VD2: 271. Amazing.
RSP: 1/4 joke run.
VD2: I noticed he slowed down to pick up the 2nd buzzy beetle because it is random if you don't. Hit the Chuck at the end and got a 244. I think 247 is optimal for the strat he chose.
VGH: Flew before eeries but then hit the platforms from above. Then did some spinflying in room 2. Got to the Beat the level with 355 when 359 is possible I think.
VD3: Level went well. I saw some failed swag with turning Yoshi around to try to eat a buzzy beetle.
VD4: 259. Optimal I believe.
C#3: Manipulated the Magikoopa with spins. However messed up with how the P-Switch was hit and lost speed and then missed the door in the 2nd room. Great room 3. 201 could've probably been like 203.
CBA: Runner didn't practice this level so it explains using the shortcut with Yoshi. So sickening.
CMt: Such a marvelous background this game has to offer. 260...
CBA: 257 but a higher time can be achieved.
SLa: The one level this guy doesn't swag. I feel insulted that I watched a bottom swimmer. Stalled before the pipe at the end and got 223 for the level instead. 224 is really hard and you highly risk getting hit.
SW3: Optimal.
SW4: Flew high and gave to us wasted frames. 263 optimal time.
SW4: Did some odd spinflying strat I hate forever until the end of time. Missed the block. 272 is still possible even with those blocks there.
SW5: Bonus Points. This guy loves wasting frames.
SW1: Zip zip zip zip zip.
SW1: Optimal. It's like this guy practiced Any%.
SW2: Did a few spins to the music. Not enough however and I fear I may reject on this matter. Didn't pick up and turn around with the key fast enough getting 260 instead of 261.
SW2: Yoshi was fed slowly.
SW5: Got 267 when 269 is optimal.
Gna: Didn't switch jump and got safety feather. Didn't get 270.
Tub: Got 274 but not 275.
Way: Optimal.
Awe: If only the runner didn't slow down before the 2nd yellow pipe he could've gotten 261. Everything was great before that pipe.
Gro: Fun level. I saw a swag bounce off of an enemy.
Mon: Decided to play in the water. Lost time.
Out: At least the runner shows off the level while flying this time. Can't complain too much. 261 when I think 263 is possible.
Fun: You Are Super Player !!
YI1: Sweet beautiful sky. Got 260 when higher can be achieved.
YSP: 1/4...I don't even know if he wants to swag or speedrun at this point.
DP1: Fly fly fly fly fly fly fly fly fly fly fly fly got 362 instead of 364. I don't understand how someone can mess up flying when it is just Rhythmically Pressing Back.
DS1: Didn't trade shell for P-Switch losing 2 ingame seconds.
DS1: That pipe entry. I think he wanted to show us how much he could run on it. Got 256 instead of 258.
DSH: Great time. If the 1st room was better 340 could've been achieved but I think the boo circle was bad and out of the player's hands. Atomic Telusa.
DSH: Good.
DS2: I think 272 can be achieved but I'm unsure of this.
VD1: Lost speed due to the dive. Great time.
VS1: Great.
VS1: Didn't get 278...all this time wasted is ugggggggggggggh.
VS2: I'm glad the clouds are enjoying the flying. Didn't get 262. I bet those clouds are frowning now.
VS3: I'm glad I got to see this sick level design. Could've been 267.
VaF: No Fear
BB1: Didn't fly BB1. It's like this guy is all mixed up on swagruns and speedruns. This is so sickening.
BB2: Not 263. Does this guy want to go fast or sightsee?
C#4: Damage-boosted through the flames slightly slowing down and not entering the door at the optimal time. Messed up on fence climbing. Got 242 when 244 could've happened.
FOI1: I know what I saw and what I saw wasn't great. This run was really good until I saw how this Long Player got Yoshi. He did a spinfly instead of just normally flying to him. I have pretty lenient standards but I just can't accept something so slow. I don't even want to watch the run anymore after this but I guess I'll just do it for completions sake. The powerup switch is also insult to injury.
FOI2: Sweet clip I guess but ran into a wall. Didn't attempt to eat any of the lag fish. Changed back into cape at a really odd time.
BSP: 2/4 is okay.
FOI2: NOT 239.
FOI3: Funny turn around before the bubble. 261 instead of 263.
FGH: Wasted some time choosing to use spinflies. I'm surprised the runner went moonless after seeing a clear display of his skill previously in FOI1.
FOI1: Got 269 when 270 is optimal I believe.
FGH: Don't know why he decided to fly this time. 369. 369!
FOI4: Swagged the lakitu. I don't think I've ever seen the level beat with that time before.
FSA: I'm glad this strat makes the background move.
FF: Not enough swag I'm afraid. For a Long-Player that's trying to have an interesting gimmick I'm surprised he doesn't even use his mic in this run. Odd room 2. There are parts where I believe he gains time over another strat and loses time as well.
FOI4: 261 instead of 263.
FOI3: See FOI4
C#5: Weird to cancel flight so early. Did some weird jig. Lost 4 ingame time though to be fair he had a bullshit flame fired from the Bowser Statue.
CI1: What a lovely sky. Not 263.
CGH: Didn't go for the Do-or-Die door entry. Did the 2nd room the slow way. Time could've been higher.
CI2: Cool.
CS: Slowed down in 1st room. 3rd room's beginning wasn't so hot. I think he decided to go for a genocidal run then decided against it.
CI2: Backup strats...
CI3: This game needs more random pipes in the sky.
CI3: See CI3
CF: Got grabbed by the pencil. Luckily backup strats. Can fly all the way to the door from the beginning of room 2 but its really hard and I think luck. Time could've been higher.
CI4: I can't believe it's not butter.
CI5: The Fly
C#6: Didn't even attempt the crusher skip and going through the saws in the beginning was slow. Room 2 was a tragedy. I'm weeping tears.
SS: Slow pipe entry. Waits for the 1st boo circle. I honestly don't think anyone even bothered to finish watching this run. As for the lag reduction path he took I have no idea if it's correct.
VOB1: I think 1 ingame second off.
VOB2: Severely lacking a RedYoshi.
VGH: Did room 1 wrong so he couldn't use Mario's special takeoff meter to fly through room 2. Also wasted time using the door as a visual cue to spinfly.
VGH: Doesn't matter much how you do room 1 since you have to hit the P-Switch in room 2. Sadly missed the door.
VOB3: Odd left/rights. Lost time doing so.
VOB4: Good level. I think the Chuck bounces slowed down the runner though.
VOB4: Level was almost great but that left/right.
C#7: Dirty silent screen-scrolling in the beginning of room 2. Lost time over it. Scrolled again but I honestly have no idea if it is slower or faster near the end to screen-scroll there.
VOB2: Decided to spinfly room 1 instead of normally flying. Lost frames. Got the cycle skip. Swagalicious feather drops.
VF: Didn't fly in the beginning. I believe that is what cost him 244. Also the screen-scroll isn't necessary in the beginning but it makes the crusher skip 100%.
BD: Does the Bowser fight the safer/smarter way and doesn't lose time to it. Every phase was great however I did notice that the runner hardly decided to jump on the flames. Not enough swag.

Overall this run is really amazing (excluding FOI1 that was really awful) and not just something that can be easily achieved especially with the randomness that Yoshi Clips present. This run wasn't cheated and the time can be lowered but it won't be lowered easily. Dram55 is an amazing runner and rejecting this run would be a terrible idea (though FOI1 really did make me wonder). If anyone has any further questions about the strategies used in this run I will most likely be able to answer them.
ACCEPT
Edit history:
Heidrage: 2012-12-10 02:35:15 am
Is taking the tube in the first area of castle 4 not faster?

Chocolate Land 2 second exit: What? never seen that exit before...

Final Ghost House first exit: WHAT?!?! That crap is hard. I have only done that once.

This is a great improvement and is WAY more up to date in strats than the current run. The runner takes time to make it entertaining at some points as well. Easy accept and good job to the runner.

I dont feel like converting the .mp4 to a .avi so I can time this properly... sorry...

Edit: correction in stage I was referring to. Thanks Wawlconut.
The pipe is further than the door in castle 4 I believe and it takes you to the same area the door leads to so it is slower overall.

Do you mean Chocolate Island 2? 1 only has 1 exit.

It isn't that bad flying in that way in Valley Ghost House. Just takes a little bit of learning and understanding how you have to approach the 1 tile gap.
Also pipes take like 2-3 seconds.
I thought the pipe takes you to the room after... I could be wrong... I am sure the runner made the proper choice.
Chocolate Island 2 is a really unique level in that coins, timer and I think points changes the level layout. For speedrunning purposes the only thing that matters is the timer. If the timer is 250 or higher when you enter the second pipe you'll go into the area with the secret exit. If you want the normal exit you have to wait until the timer is 249 or lower to enter the second pipe.
Quote from MAS8705:
Of course due to different versions, the existing 100% probably stays on right?  if so, the american 100% needs an update.

The only differences are minor text related things and not gameplay, which is identical.
By my count/excel spreadsheet, I saw ~ 20-25 seconds of "easy" improvements, and by that I mean obvious mistakes made in the run. There's obviously more time available if you include perfect optimizations, but that's not something I'd consider just yet. 20 seconds of improvable material vs. 6 minute improvement? Easy Accept.

Rhythmically Pressing BackTM
www.smwwiki.com
Thanks wawl for putting a lot of effort into going over the run. Basically if anyone has any doubts or questions of the run, check that level by level breakdown. I think preparation for agdq I'm going to record practice runs in case anything faster comes along. Either way I am happy with this run. I think most questions have been answered already.

This is for you wawl:

YI2: When I saw all the style in the beginning I immediately knew the mood this run would set. Finished the level with 360 instead of 361. Too much style not enough speed.

Overall good assessment of this level, I agree.

YI3: Used the wooden platforms to speed up granting 259 which is great but jumping on all those koopas? I don't know but is this runner just really cocky?

I'm no doctor but it sounds like you are mad (at video games).

YI4: The runner going for style over speed decided to spinjump on the shell instead of doing a shelljump and settled for a 275 instead of a 276. This must be a race instead of a speedrun.

See previous comment.

C#1: Runner got 241. Fence and Iggy strats weren't optimal. May the frames that were expended rip in piece.

See previous comment.

DP1: Runner avoided the cape (the item that makes Mario FASTER than running speed would allows you get 358-360 but that requires fast flying for 360 and the next level is an autoscroller with a cape) and swagrunned the rest of the level getting 360.

You can get a 361 with cape or no cape but I'm too weak to do either.

DP2: This swaggamer can't even block dupe. Why am I even bothering watching this. Got a 308 due to entering the pipe slowly and hitting the upper platform in room 2. 310 is optimal.

Disagree the TAS gets something like a 315.

GSP: 1/4

Agree.

DP2: Redemption was had with a block dupe and some screenscrolling thing with hitting a block off screen to make a coin appear on the right side of the screen. Didn't get fast flying in room 2 causing 308 to happen. Is this a Let's Play?

Glance up at the URL in your navigation toolbar, this is a speedrun br0.

DGH: Perfect. Went for all the risks. Got rewarded.

I hit the yellow block and lost a frame what are you talking about.

DGH: Did some weird spinjump in room 2 that I believe costed him 283.

Bad habits.

DP3: I see the swaggamer likes to show off the sky and LOSE FRAMES. Got a 263. Optimal time.

idk who frames is, but I've never met him let alone lost him.

DP4: Swagdived. I don't even know what to think about that Yoshi mount (the set up was great) but man was it something I wish I never saw. So sloppy the swaggamer had to jump again to properly mount his noble steed. Got 255 instead of a hefty 258.

You need to take the good with the bad. Just don't ask me where the good is.

C#2: I wonder if the spinjump is frames slower instead of just turning around. It does make it easier though to spinjump. Missed Fireflower at the end...got 355 instead of 357.

Its not faster if I jump earlier against before the wall. But I don't do that. It's probably slower. I'm still not sure who frames is.

VD1: Went for what I believe is a 2 frame P-Speed trick in the beginning and failed. Didn't avoid both walls near the end (it is possible but you highly risk death. Got a 337 when 340 is optimal I believe.

That wasn't me going for a trick, that was me forgetting to turn left.

VD2: 271. Amazing.

272 Optimal, I hit the wall. Finger was on the reset button.

RSP: 1/4 joke run.

I didn't reset at this point bc I knew this would get you mad (See my comments from YI3).

VD2: I noticed he slowed down to pick up the 2nd buzzy beetle because it is random if you don't. Hit the Chuck at the end and got a 244. I think 247 is optimal for the strat he chose.

yes 247 fast fly usually a 246. What am I supposed to do the guy said something I didn't like so i hit him.

VGH: Flew before eeries but then hit the platforms from above. Then did some spinflying in room 2. Got to the Beat the level with 355 when 359 is possible I think.

Every level can't be Deertier.

VD3: Level went well. I saw some failed swag with turning Yoshi around to try to eat a buzzy beetle.

Nah I wasn't going for the beetle that was just general swag. I was trying to eat the pswitch but never turned around.

VD4: 259. Optimal I believe.

Agree.

C#3: Manipulated the Magikoopa with spins. However messed up with how the P-Switch was hit and lost speed and then missed the door in the 2nd room. Great room 3. 201 could've probably been like 203.

Castle 3 was a trainwreck.

CBA: Runner didn't practice this level so it explains using the shortcut with Yoshi. So sickening.

You forgot to mention the lack of platform optimization.

CMt: Such a marvelous background this game has to offer. 260...

Agree.

CBA: 257 but a higher time can be achieved.

If you want fast flying check the TAS.

SLa: The one level this guy doesn't swag. I feel insulted that I watched a bottom swimmer. Stalled before the pipe at the end and got 223 for the level instead. 224 is really hard and you highly risk getting hit.

Mario is shy.

Disagree, I could fly.

Agree.

SW4: Flew high and gave to us wasted frames. 263 optimal time.

See my comments from YI3, they apply here.

SW4: Did some odd spinflying strat I hate forever until the end of time. Missed the block. 272 is still possible even with those blocks there.

feasel made that strat. So you are saying you hate feasel.

SW5: Bonus Points. This guy loves wasting frames.

First I lose him, now i waste him WHO is this GUY FRAMES!?

SW1: Zip zip zip zip zip.

smashola smashola smashola smashola smashola.

SW1: Optimal. It's like this guy practiced Any%.

No

SW2: Did a few spins to the music. Not enough however and I fear I may reject on this matter. Didn't pick up and turn around with the key fast enough getting 260 instead of 261.

Sorry I'm not Beethoven.

SW2: Yoshi was fed slowly.

The most comprehensive verification of 2012 right here.

SW5: Got 267 when 269 is optimal.

If you're gonna let dat man cape then you should let him do it how he wants.

Gna: Didn't switch jump and got safety feather. Didn't get 270.

So much negativity.

Tub: Got 274 but not 275.

I think you need to let go of the d-pad for that time? My wiggle didn't help matters.

Way: Optimal.

Agree.

Awe: If only the runner didn't slow down before the 2nd yellow pipe he could've gotten 261. Everything was great before that pipe.

For real? I never knew that. Are you sure you can get that without platform optimization or letting go of the dpad?

Gro: Fun level. I saw a swag bounce off of an enemy.

It was an accident, I tried to keep swag to a minimum.

Mon: Decided to play in the water. Lost time.

I brought my swimmies.

Out: At least the runner shows off the level while flying this time. Can't complain too much. 261 when I think 263 is possible.

"Can't complain too much."

Fun: You Are Super Player !!

ty

YI1: Sweet beautiful sky. Got 260 when higher can be achieved.

The slowest of slow flies. This was an insult to mario runners across the globe.

YSP: 1/4...I don't even know if he wants to swag or speedrun at this point.

neither, really.

DP1: Fly fly fly fly fly fly fly fly fly fly fly fly got 362 instead of 364. I don't understand how someone can mess up flying when it is just Rhythmically Pressing Back.

White people don't have rhythm.

DS1: Didn't trade shell for P-Switch losing 2 ingame seconds.

I have since converted.

DS1: That pipe entry. I think he wanted to show us how much he could run on it. Got 256 instead of 258.

Glad I got my point across.

DSH: Great time. If the 1st room was better 340 could've been achieved but I think the boo circle was bad and out of the player's hands. Atomic Telusa.

Boo circle was busted bc I hit that ledge in vanilla ghost house.

DSH: Good.

I would have called it "aight".

DS2: I think 272 can be achieved but I'm unsure of this.

If you're so unsure then are you really qualified to verify this run, I'm starting to ask myself this question.

VD1: Lost speed due to the dive. Great time.

took 1 reset for me to start diving.

VS1: Great.

289 is possible in pipe.

VS1: Didn't get 278...all this time wasted is ugggggggggggggh.

dont tell the g.

VS2: I'm glad the clouds are enjoying the flying. Didn't get 262. I bet those clouds are frowning now.

this was funny.

VS3: I'm glad I got to see this sick level design. Could've been 267.

don't thank me thank the lack of vertical scroll.

VaF: No Fear

B u i B u i

BB1: Didn't fly BB1. It's like this guy is all mixed up on swagruns and speedruns. This is so sickening.

YI3 comments.

BB2: Not 263. Does this guy want to go fast or sightsee?

C#4: Damage-boosted through the flames slightly slowing down and not entering the door at the optimal time. Messed up on fence climbing. Got 242 when 244 could've happened.

This castle overall was a mess.

FOI1: I know what I saw and what I saw wasn't great. This run was really good until I saw how this Long Player got Yoshi. He did a spinfly instead of just normally flying to him. I have pretty lenient standards but I just can't accept something so slow. I don't even want to watch the run anymore after this but I guess I'll just do it for completions sake. The powerup switch is also insult to injury.

Glad you're such a nice guy.

FOI2: Sweet clip I guess but ran into a wall. Didn't attempt to eat any of the lag fish. Changed back into cape at a really odd time.

I decided to do the nathan clip on the fly I should have never swapped to flower in the first place.

BSP: 2/4 is okay.

agree.

FOI2: NOT 239.

Not my fault. maybe.

FOI3: Funny turn around before the bubble. 261 instead of 263.

I'm starting to think that doesn't save time. I'm never doing that strat again because its bad.

FGH: Wasted some time choosing to use spinflies. I'm surprised the runner went moonless after seeing a clear display of his skill previously in FOI1.

with spin flies you can continue caping through the door. But you see where that got me..

FOI1: Got 269 when 270 is optimal I believe.

Now you're just making up times.

FGH: Don't know why he decided to fly this time. 369. 369!

because you can't setup a good cape thru the door + there is no moon to fly over so whats the point.

FOI4: Swagged the lakitu. I don't think I've ever seen the level beat with that time before.

Don't worry, every achilles has a heel.

FSA: I'm glad this strat makes the background move.

agree.

FF: Not enough swag I'm afraid. For a Long-Player that's trying to have an interesting gimmick I'm surprised he doesn't even use his mic in this run. Odd room 2. There are parts where I believe he gains time over another strat and loses time as well.

agree - I've never timed a fast fly vs. cape.

FOI4: 261 instead of 263.

Then why are you even accepting this run?

FOI3: See FOI4

See FOI4.

C#5: Weird to cancel flight so early. Did some weird jig. Lost 4 ingame time though to be fair he had a bullshit flame fired from the Bowser Statue.

I wasn't lined up correctly. Agree that bowser is an idiot. 

CI1: What a lovely sky. Not 263.

CGH: Didn't go for the Do-or-Die door entry. Did the 2nd room the slow way. Time could've been higher.

This was a good review of my performance on this level.

CI2: Cool.

I think you mean way* cool. and no thats a level in special world. You should check out our wiki (smwwiki.com) it will help you understand what the levels actually are.

CS: Slowed down in 1st room. 3rd room's beginning wasn't so hot. I think he decided to go for a genocidal run then decided against it.

I don't even know that strat, this is what i do everytime.

CI2: Backup strats...

IT's FASTER.

CI3: This game needs more random pipes in the sky.

Sounds like you should play a rom hack.

CI3: See CI3

See CI3

CF: Got grabbed by the pencil. Luckily backup strats. Can fly all the way to the door from the beginning of room 2 but its really hard and I think luck. Time could've been higher.

B u i B u i

CI4: I can't believe it's not butter.

Sagan Strats.

CI5: The Fly

ye i know u lyke dat boi

C#6: Didn't even attempt the crusher skip and going through the saws in the beginning was slow. Room 2 was a tragedy. I'm weeping tears.

I'm sad i botched the castles bc they are usually the most fun.

SS: Slow pipe entry. Waits for the 1st boo circle. I honestly don't think anyone even bothered to finish watching this run. As for the lag reduction path he took I have no idea if it's correct.

oh i forgot i had to wait for the circle. This run is garb*ge.

VOB1: I think 1 ingame second off.

Something like that, but who's counting (you are).

VOB2: Severely lacking a RedYoshi.

Get over it.

VGH: Did room 1 wrong so he couldn't use Mario's special takeoff meter to fly through room 2. Also wasted time using the door as a visual cue to spinfly.

you want that strat check menboo's run dawg.

VGH: Doesn't matter much how you do room 1 since you have to hit the P-Switch in room 2. Sadly missed the door.

yeah that made me sad.

VOB3: Odd left/rights. Lost time doing so.

A quick left right is all you gotta dooo.

VOB4: Good level. I think the Chuck bounces slowed down the runner though.

What about that nasty left right? Are you even watching this run?!

VOB4: Level was almost great but that left/right.

Oh now you notice.

C#7: Dirty silent screen-scrolling in the beginning of room 2. Lost time over it. Scrolled again but I honestly have no idea if it is slower or faster near the end to screen-scroll there.

The non scrolling is faster all the way. When I grinded it out using that hack that times with frames - I was getting faster times on average with screen scrolling because different factors like magikoopa luck and its overall just as easier strat.

VOB2: Decided to spinfly room 1 instead of normally flying. Lost frames. Got the cycle skip. Swagalicious feather drops.

RIP all the runs i've lost on that cycle skip.

VF: Didn't fly in the beginning. I believe that is what cost him 244. Also the screen-scroll isn't necessary in the beginning but it makes the crusher skip 100%.

Yeah I lost 1 second somewhere but I'm not really sure where at. I spin fly in the begining bc i gain pspeed quicker on the next portion.

BD: Does the Bowser fight the safer/smarter way and doesn't lose time to it. Every phase was great however I did notice that the runner hardly decided to jump on the flames. Not enough swag.

You didn't mention anything about the backdoor. Your review of my run was spotty at best.