Project I.G.I.: I'm Going In (pc) (pc) [Any %] [Individual Level]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'umair.irfan786155'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Project I.G.I.: I'm Going In (pc) (pc) [Any %] [Individual Level]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/igi_mission_4-v_HQ.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). If you wish to remain anonymous, you can also send a pm with your reply to 'sdaverification' (please state clearly in that case which run you have verified). This is not a contest where the majority wins - Each verification will be judged on its content.
Can you give us a run-down of what happens in this run? What difficulty are you playing on first of all. Secondly, what steps did you take to make it end that much faster?
Quote from LotBlind:
Can you give us a run-down of what happens in this run? What difficulty are you playing on first of all. Secondly, what steps did you take to make it end that much faster?

I am playing it on Medium difficulty. And in previous records, players used to go the tower and kill all the enemies so that the team members could easily take Priboi and come back as soon as possible.
But in my method, I used to send my team-mates back to helicopter as soon as the team members lands so that it triggers the ending scene and mission gets completed even without their going inside the base.
Ah. So throwing grenades at them makes them want to retreat or something?

Is the helicopter landing on a timer from the start of the mission? So nothing you do before the team is about to spawn makes the run faster or slower?
Yes, the helicopter has fixed time to land until I can't do anything to make it more faster.
So I goes freely to the location without any hurry.
When the Captain(wearing Red cap) goes towards the helicopter to rescue himself from grenade, the game triggers ending scene which results in mission completion.
Ah, you're tricking them into rushing into a trigger that's always there. Got it. That's the kind of stuff the viewers like to be explained to them since it's not really that clear otherwise, if you were to later add some comments.

Well, in that case there's probably nothing stopping this run from being accepted. I see that you're kind of testing the waters here. You said you have more runs ready though? And are you still working on more? The more in one submission the better for everyone really. Even if you find other similar exploits and new strats give you lower times than the previous runner, your execution still has to be up to par (if you think you make as few mistakes as he does, it should be good enough). This is not something that can really be gauged based on this quirky mission alone.

Also if you ever have doubts about your capture method for some game, you can always post a quality test under "tech support" ahead of starting to record. I think this looks good though, so long as it's the game's native framerate you're using.
Yes, the video is purely unedited and recorded in 720p quality.
Hoping to get it approved and published so that it gives me more hope to upload more.
I've already uploaded five runs on speedrun.com but not here yet.

By the way, thanks for taking time to see it and posting your review.
It's easier for everyone and better for the viewers too to submit multiple improvements at once. Ah, wait, looks like you haven't improved on any other records yet? I misunderstood what you were saying. You obviously have to beat the existing times on SDA. It will probably take more time, effort and creativity to do that in other levels, however if that's what you're planning to do then it would make sense to hold off this submission as well. What do you think? You can post your work-in-progress runs in the existing thread here for some feedback but honestly since there already are runs for you to look at (and I think horned's runs were quite good), those should be the starting point for you.
Yeah, Horned Reaper's speedrun are really too good.
I have seen most of his runs. He is my inspiration and also helped me to make some runs.
I would definitely try my best!!
Short and sweet improvement. Good job on figuring out how to exploit the level ending criteria and cut off a significant amount of time.
Good luck if you decide to tackle also some of the other levels!

Thumbs up from me!
Decision posted.
Quote from ktwo:
Short and sweet improvement. Good job on figuring out how to exploit the level ending criteria and cut off a significant amount of time.
Good luck if you decide to tackle also some of the other levels!

Thumbs up from me!

Thanks Smiley
Hang on... I just noticed the team captain says "we're taking too many casualties, abort mission" before running to the helicopter. This run actually completes the mission, right?
Yes, he says that because many of the team-mates get dead by my grenades but as soon he reached to helicopter, it triggers the last ending scene due to which it gets completed automatically everytime it does even if he says abort the mission.
Haha, I thought as much. It's already on the front page now.
No problem, everyone will notice it Smiley
Btw thanks for accepting it!