<- 1  -   of 28 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Asco: 2014-07-01 09:41:26 am
Yeah I just spent a bunch more time walking on invisible ledges and manipulating load triggers in that area. Nothing really seems worth it since the triggers are all on the path you're supposed to take. I never actually managed to skip the rubble with anything but ledgewalks.

I need to process the stuff I've found, some of it may be a little faster but I don't think anything really saves more than a few seconds.
Edit history:
SkeletN: 2014-07-09 11:03:06 am
SkeletN: 2014-07-09 11:01:39 am
www.twitch.tv/skeletn
Hey ! I'm still on single segment on this game, got a 2 hours and 21 seconds today, thanks to every glitches and tricks you discover and share here ^^ (it's here :http://www.twitch.tv/skeletn/c/4628676 mostly french, carefull)
I dont know if this run is well-known by the way, but it's pretty good, so : from PoPPro
Very impressive, and there are timers you can click on to set the video on big glitches, as he described.
Congrats on the PB, I'm sure you'll get that sub 2 very soon! I'm personally having trouble with not crashing at the Baths again. I thought I had it figured out but I can barely make it past that part one in four times. This is frustrating since I rarely find time to sit down and do a full run.

I've seen most of the video you linked to and I've learned a few tricks from it. Very good run, but I wish he had made it a bit more clear that it's a segmented run.

Anyway, here a couple of vids, first a collection of very minor timesavers that I've run into. Just thought I'd share them:

And then a very cool route after the bridge collapse that had a lot of promise but ended up being way too difficult and not really faster, even if you decide to take the savepoint there:

The video is done in three segments, since the route isn't really useful I didn't want to bother with getting a clean run of it, and is just a proof of concept. First you hit the load trigger, then you grab the sand cloud and do two rewind tricks.

I have one more vid I'll upload later. Enjoy!
www.twitch.tv/skeletn
Hey ! just saw the small timesavers, those are verry nice ! thanks for sharing. And nice route for bridge collapse, I dont know if it can be use on multi segments, if UCPro still working on it :p.
Just did a 1:55:34 run today btw (http://www.twitch.tv/skeletn/c/4635382) finally sub 2 hours run \o/
Edit history:
Asco: 2014-07-10 01:07:40 pm
Ohh, 1:55! Congrats on the sub 2, and such a good improvement too. I'll try to watch it sometime the next couple of days
In PoPPro's Video above starting at the 15:55 mark, he performs the rewind glitch. Has anyone tested this out yet? I just got to this section in my GameCube TAS but it's giving me a lot of trouble, I was able to do it in one spot, but there feels to be a very specific spot to where you can perform the rewind on that ledge.
I have done the trick in that section, on the PC version. I would just keep trying with the same setup as you have in the full vid you posted on TASvideos. Rewind tricks are just tricky to perform sometimes, you'll get it eventually.
I did finally get it! Had to set the analog stick to UP when doing the rewind trick so that I didn't jump off the invisible ledge. Now I'm getting the angle for the palmtree climb
Edit history:
Asco: 2014-07-12 07:43:24 am
Asco: 2014-07-12 07:43:20 am
Asco: 2014-07-12 07:43:18 am
Hey guys, I made this vid for Solarplex's TAS, but I might as well share i here too. Pressing first person view while rolling cancels the rolls and faces the prince whatever way the camera is looking. It's a very minor glitch but may save some time in a few spots.

Edit history:
Asco: 2014-08-06 04:11:21 am
Asco: 2014-08-06 04:11:20 am
Asco: 2014-07-29 06:20:47 am
Asco: 2014-07-29 05:59:53 am
Asco: 2014-07-27 03:11:28 pm
Asco: 2014-07-27 03:11:15 pm
Hey, I have a new vid I made for Solar's TAS but perhaps someone will eventually be crazy enough to try this in a segmented run! It skips the cutscene and fight in Sultans Zoo using a new rewind trick. The video is heavily edited because I'm too lazy to play well.

I haven't seen anyone do the lower part of warehouse like that before (it assumes you have used 3 sands for the rewind trick at the top), but it's not exactly a revolutionary idea. The second part is pretty cool though. I just wish there was a way to load the zone without dying or watching the cutscene, but it doesn't seem like it so this ends up not being all that much faster.
Edit history:
Solarplex: 2014-07-29 09:36:43 am
Solarplex: 2014-07-29 08:40:17 am

Here's the first draft comparison. I will optimize Asco's route. I did optimize and Asco's route is now 13 frames faster. 4.6 seconds faster.

More timesavers!
Edit history:
Asco: 2014-08-08 09:31:00 am
Asco: 2014-08-07 04:50:51 pm
Asco: 2014-08-07 04:50:48 pm
Asco: 2014-08-07 04:50:47 pm
Hey, here's an update on some stuff I've been working on. First off, I got a new PB: 1:54:46 Single Segment, which is my first sub-2 hour run! Smiley

More importantly, I have found a couple of new things.

Edit: Here I had a skip for the prison section, but I removed it. Turns out it only worked with cheats. Damnit.

My second find is a way to utilize the damage boost to the top of the booby-trapped courtyard that Reaver found 3 years ago. The video starts off after having been boosted top floor of the courtyard, and showcases how to hit both necessary load triggers in a fast way. The video is segmented since the jumps are quite tricky, especially the last one. The video is far from optimized, it could be done much faster, and I haven't tested where exactly the load triggers are so you may not have to go as far as I do.

And lastly, a rewind shortcut in Hall of Learning that may or may not save time:
Edit history:
Asco: 2014-08-08 08:12:18 am
Ok so once again I apologize for spamming the board but this time it's a BIG one!

Hall of Learning skip, using 4 rewinds:

Finally! It always felt like it should be possible to skip this, but it wasn't until now. What happens at the second rewind is that I extend the jump with a rewind trick and then immediately jump off the wall, which means I don't die from fall damage. Amazingly, the only two load triggers for the observatory are in the corridor so you can proceed just fine. This means you can't skip the observatory fight (since you need Farah to follow you to do that), but this will still be *much* faster.

The video is edited, and is simply meant to show off the route.
www.twitch.tv/skeletn
Hey o/
It's been a while, just wanted to put my new PB here :   1:52:37 (click on the annotation to get to the run directly, it's only in french by the way)
Next run I'll try to use more glitches to lower the time.
Happy new year to everyone !
Edit history:
Reaver: 2015-01-22 02:47:57 pm
Congrats on the new PB.

Been really busy for a while, but back now. Had the opportunity to play some more recently. Came up with some new stuff... Well slight modifications of stuff people already knew Smiley

I had some trouble doing 2 of the tricks so I found a slight alternative to them (posted below). Might be helpful to anyone else. Also an alternative box break method I don't see others use. Unfortunately I really am quite bad at movement controls so these were the easiest methods for me to use in these areas. They take a little time to get used to, but once you get the positioning and timing sorted it's a lot easier to repeat. I don't recall seeing this method posted before, but apologies if it has been.

On the 2nd wallrun/jump to ledge, you have to be a bit further away from the wall otherwise you clip that small round pillar and fall off the ledge when you try and move. I've found on this trick you also have to hold the wallrun button first before pressing the movement otherwise you fall off the ledge.

I'll get back to working on this high framerate abuse run now that I have some time. 
Edit history:
Reaver: 2015-01-25 09:15:52 am
Reaver: 2015-01-25 08:07:55 am
Reaver: 2015-01-25 08:06:56 am
Decided to test to see if I could skip a huge section of the game. Not successful but thought I'd upload in case someone could come up with anything. Uses high framerates (200+ fps) to damage boost on PC version.

The idea was to see if I could trick the game into thinking I had come out of that section ready to fight the Prince's father.

On the first attempt I got launched to the balcony opposite of the side where you come out of later on in the game. Was good in a way as I got to test both sides. Retried and got to where I wanted to be. A lot of invisible walls in this area that line up with the pillars on the balcony, so I guess they are part of the unfinished artwork up there. Nothing to really let me get through the doors as far as I could tell. I tried launching off the sand monster over the balcony edge to see if it would trigger a cutscene where you run down to help Farah but you just die when you land.

It's a long clip. I waste a lot of time jumping and running around up there to see if I can find anything. Defeated the sand monsters to see if I would reload on the ground or stay on the balcony.

I used the smaller sand monster for the jump as the larger red guards get in the way and can push you out of place when trying to position yourself.

EDIT: Tried dying up there near the door but it didn't trigger anything. Also early hourglass?...

I managed to get into that space several times. Couldn't find anywhere useful to go but you could regain access to the main part of the hall easily.

I'll try and post useful stuff from now on Smiley
Edit history:
SkeletN: 2015-01-25 11:52:16 am
www.twitch.tv/skeletn
Thanks to the new glitches "zips" we found, I managed to do a new WR on single segment PC on the game. It's a 1:36:03 run
Here is it : (full frenchy sorry)

You should go to Asco's channel to find all new tricks, zips, and so many things we found on the game recently !  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqX_ZH1lR5je5ZpjrJFV5g
Thanks to everyone, the time will get even better than this because I did a lot of mistakes but Zips are just insanely fast.
Edit history:
Reaver: 2015-01-25 07:00:25 pm
Reaver: 2015-01-25 05:53:47 pm
That "zip" trick is quite useful. Tried it at the place on the balcony but it didn't prove useful. Attempted it for the palace defense system skip but didn't get anywhere. EDIT: I've noticed you were successful in your run. I must need more practice.

I seem to be shooting off as far away as I can possibly fly. Is this normal for the Zip trick?

EDIT: Okay, turns out I was doing the trick wrong. Just seen the tutorial. I was tapping forward which when rewound and clipping through the door seems to give me a massive forward momentum boost shooting me forward. Might be worth testing this somewhere that it maybe useful.

Edit history:
Asco: 2015-02-01 04:31:30 am
Asco: 2015-02-01 04:31:15 am
Nice guest room vid, the box break is certainly useful and the others might be too since you end up facing the right way.

The early hourglass is pretty crazy, nice find. Though to be honest knowing the way the game works it probably won't lead to anything.

The zip is useful in a huge number of places. The major skips so far are palace defense, Dad skip, warehouse early, practically all of zoo, all of Cliffs and Waterfall, all of upper Mess Hall (though this can be done in various ways), the turning bridge part, getting to Harem fight early, Third sword early/HoL skip, HoLC skip and the box in prison.

A little community has sprung up around the game lately, but we communicate mostly over Skype. If you want to join PM me your Skype name.
Edit history:
UCpro: 2015-02-02 11:15:03 pm
Hey guys, it's been a while since I've been on this forum...just looked through a lot of your new finds and I'm impressed!  I love that new zip trick, how reliable is it (looks very reliable)?  More so than the rewind trick?

Looking forward to seeing how well you guys optimize this run.  I may have to jump back into this and test out all this new stuff, and see if there's anything I could add.  I'd still love to do a segmented run of this game...I didn't finish the run I was working on partially because I felt someone would come along and find something new (which happened!), but mostly cause life just got too busy.
Hey UCpro. Good to see you back on this thread. I've been thinking of a segmented route using the new zip trick. The problem is there are a lot of small time savers that are hard to pull off and sometimes require a reset if playing as close as possible to perfection. With the zip trick certain segments will end up being incredibly long so to pull off all tricks would require some expert playing. I was thinking of doing a route that eliminates certain small groups of enemies in places to create the save points, provides enough sand for the zip trick and provides the mega freeze ability by the elevator ride up to the hourglass. The trick is to know which ones to go for without wasting too much time and the best places to segment that doesn't cost too much time. 
Hey guys, good to see you're still interested! Smiley

The zip glitch is almost impossible to fail with some practice if you just want to do basic wallclips, but there are more advanced techniques that are harder to do, like if you want to cross longer distances or do something like this:

( I haven't personally tried that one). I'm sure it will be easy enough with practice.

As for optimization, I think sub 1:20 might be possible in single segment, which is pretty insane.

Yeah the thing about a segmented run right now would be that all saves are skipped between "Maharajahs Treasure Vault" and "Cliffs and Waterfall". There are no meaningful saves in between, and then you'd go from there to "I'll meet you at the Baths". 3 Saves for 50% of the game! I don't think killing enemies on the way is really worth it, you already get 25 (Harem) + 15 (observatory), which gets you close enough. Killing enemies and saving would in most parts cost too much time to be worth it, even with the added optimizations you could do.
I can't seem to do this zip glitch right. I always fly through the door with so much momentum I either fall through the floor or get blasted off into infinity. Any tutorials/tips? A description or demo of key/joy presses would help. Yeah I'm that hopeless...
I think a save right after the defense system puzzle MIGHT work.  Not sure how much time would be lost, but there's only 2 enemies (but you'd have to watch that cutscene).  From the treasure vault to cliffs and waterfall is a LONG segment.  Having the save right before the palm tree shortcut would make things much more manageable.

Killing enough enemies to have the mega freeze ability for the second half of the enemies in the observatory would save a bit of time there...so it could be worth killing 1 or 2 small groups of enemies before then to create save points.