--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
KoningPinguin: 2016-01-15 03:40:19 pm
KoningPinguin: 2016-01-15 03:38:59 pm
@IsraeliRD first of all, I want to tank you for putting your personal time into this matter. I really appreciate it man.

Your findings are undeniable but still it's possible that one can't draw a conclusion from that. Imo the countdown-timer (the one you see in the bottom) is a bit glitchy. Not only in failing to add the total times of some lvl's, like we've already established. But it's not a trustworthy tool (reference point) for calculation the lvl times. I say the latter because I have had runs where I already made some steps from the start before I even got to see the timer, and I've noticed before that it doesn't correlate with the end time of a lvl. Like you said and proved it can't be correct if we use it to calculate the real times our self. Therefor one should not use this timer in the bottom as a reference point. It's possible that the bottom timer is poorly written code that just reacts to the real inner timer.

My impression is that what I called ''the real ingame timer" is correct in all the runs. The timer of which you see the result after each finish, where the screen says: level completed  your time x:xx,xx. Yesterday when I compared Jaguars lvl3 run with my 3 runs of the lvl, the timing seemed to be right and made sense. I used visual reference points and had a max deviation of 0s02 of my runs compared to his. The deviation can be explained by the low quality Jaguar video I have.

What I've find so far today is -That these visual refence points vary per lvl so I can't make a cross lvl formula in order to calculate the times.
  -The timing per level is always longer than the time between the last  'Press A to continue' frame and the zooming in of the camera at the end of a lvl.
  -The timing between the zooming in at the end and the level complete frame that follows is different per lvl. But f.e. in all lvl2 runs the same, in all lvl3 runs the same etc etc.

Well anyway here's my suggestion. Let me get back to you in 1 or 2 days while I mess around with this. Maybe I can find some proof for my idea that the ''real timer'' is correct and find a solid way for you to test and confirm it. Or maybe I'll find more stuff that confirms your initial conclusion. Thanks again for your reply and effort.
Cheers
Xbox Speedrunner
@IsrealiRD You're right. It's a bad timer. Only found more inconsistencies with it.
Cheers