Sad
<- 1  -   of 69 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Quote from djcj:
I begin to wonder why I should bother watching these runs if you guys will eventually beat those times in the near future anyway...

It's worse to wonder why you should make one because it'll get beaten before it's even released. Kappa, but that's how it turned out to be, lol.
So incase nobody knows here is the spreadsheet to the new OoB Portal Run being worked on =o

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hpj_OytuyDceE7q6aTWJ9ltVYA74BF1is3m63PeJHbA/edit#gid=1906748112

This is a group run and we are making many great leaps and bounds in the new tricks and routes to save mass amount of time.
It's hard to believe that we have saved so much over Portal Por (Being 7:54.83) ._.
You guys making any progress with the run? I'm very interested to see how on earth you saved so much time in some of these chambers.
Progress slowed down for a bit atm. Just been busy + Inbounds run is almost done so that is also being worked on at the same time.
I just need to set up the Ch13 - Ch14 segment (pretty simple but tedious). After doing Ch14 its all the annoying clipping glitches so progress may slow down there as well.
Definitely will update people on how it goes though =)
I just wanted to say that portal : por was deleted from youtube and i haven't seen it yet.... i've posted about this in yt commends long time ago, i just remembered this run now but still yt is down... can someone reupload it already ?
Quote from TenmaPL:
I just wanted to say that portal : por was deleted from youtube and i haven't seen it yet.... i've posted about this in yt commends long time ago, i just remembered this run now but still yt is down... can someone reupload it already ?

I'm aware that Por got deleted from youtube. It just seemed completely random and I have never been given a reason why (It is not because of the song at the end)
Unfortunately I don't think I will be reuploading it anytime soon, especially with my upload speeds not being that good.
Also since this new run is making great strives my focus is more on that so I guess you'll have to wait (Sorry).

I'll see what I can do about it.
Good new. We have finally made PROGRESS =O
Up to Chamber15 now (The dreaded chamber D:)
Time saved:
    Ch13 - 2.295 (Awesome)
    Ch14 - 1.065 (Surprising yet silly aha)

Hopefully we won't get stuck again.
Imanex i watched it recently, the link to download was in time sheet i guess. i Don't remember now lol. YOu might at at least do a video with link on yt for others... and btw run was awesome as i suspected.
Edit history:
KristofferAG: 2014-06-02 07:43:06 am
I've been wanting to speedrun Portal for a while, but I haven't had much time. With summer coming up, and me getting inspired by watching all these awesome runs, I figured I'd give it a shot. I want to try Inbound, but there are some quick questions I can't seem to find a simple answer to.

What version of Portal is being used? I've just been playing on the current Steam version.
Is autohotkey considered okay for ABH? I can only get it to work about 30-40% of the time with scroll wheel.
I can't for the life of me figure out how to do save glitch, after reading and watching videos and trying for an hour. I know I don't have to do it, but the run just looks so much more fun with it.
I'm supposed to start timing as soon as I gain control of the character, or when the crosshairs first appear, right? Or instantly after the game is loaded, on the black screen?

Excuse the newbie questions.
Ah cool. The New Inbounds and OoB runs being worked on atm though will like blow your mind. Its really crazy =D
Anyway to your questions

We use Version 5135 which is PreSteamPipe version (Which was a really recent update). So we use an unpack version of Portal. You might need to ask some else rather then me, Like YaLTeR or someone for it. Will really be useful if you want to get into speedrunning/muck around.
    -Note: Save glitch won't work/is really really hard on the current steam version of portal.

Hence why you are finding it hard to do save glitch. No point me really explaining it if you are doing it on the new one.

Also Autohotkey is considered using scripts. So if it is a scriptless portal run then its no scripts. Basically no one uses scripts in Portal since its a really simple game and pointless. Just need to practice with mouse wheel and get better. Watch Bhop tutorials or stuff like that maybe to help with that.

Timing starts with the crosshair appearing - Time ends when it disappears. You can get tools which will automatically record demos for you/time your run and so forth.
http://cronikeys.com/portal/index.php?title=Leaderboards
^Useful leaderboards for Portal. Has information on how to time runs and stuff.

Hope that helped =)
Some unfortunate news. We may have to redo Ch02 to Ch08 D:
Good news is it will be faster? =O
Yeah, alot. Should help to get towards sub7 which is what we are really striving for.

Ch06-07 is going to be the death of me...
You've found something on the first or second chapter ?
Well we just have a slight optimizations on Ch04-05, and we need to redo 06-07 anyway due to some clever things =) Then Ch08 can be improved slightly so that's what is happening.

We have also got a new and improved 00-01 which has already save over another second. Really crazy
Really appreciate the answers! I'll look into getting the right version of the game. I decided not to use autohotkey, just feels like cheating, and I really love it when I get a good ABH going.

Looking forward to see how you managed to shave so much time off ch 00-01!
Ah awesome to hear this =) Goodluck.
Also you will definitely be blown away with Ch00-01. I still cant believe it myself.
Did you use FlipyBitz strats? Cheesy
What are they sorry.
Step 1: Pretend to be doing stuff to saveglitch out of the glass cubicle.
Step 2: sv_cheats 1
Step 3: noclip
Step 4: ????????
Step 5: Profit (banned from sullys chat)
Oh that yeah. We totally don't do that
SHHH
NO BODY NEEDS TO KNOW ;3
<("^)
Hey guys, I'm looking into starting speedrunning this game, but I am wondering if I need the Source Unpack to be able to be competitive, or is the current version on steam just as fast? If Source Unpack is the way to go, where can I find the correct version to use?

Thanks for all your help! Smiley
You will need the source unpack to perform certain glitches used in the run properly. So yes, it makes sense to pick that up. I dont have a download link sadly, check the sourceruns page or wiki maybe. http://sourceruns.org/
The new Inbounds Segmented Run is done. Here is Portal Done Inbounds:
Edit history:
Onin: 2014-07-14 02:10:24 am
I thought save glitch was OOB.

Seems the Youtube trolls are having a field day.
Starting to speedrun Portal
Welp guys I done goofed and help with the oob on 10
Hi all! I'm pretty new here on the SDA forums, but i recently started doing some glitchless portal runs recently. I used to run portal years ago, but never knew there was a community or anything so just played by myself. So now, I'm trying to get the best times I can!

Here's my latest PB run if you feel like watching!

Also, quick question: in single-segment glitchless runs, are quick save/load allowed?

Thanks! And nice to meet you all!