Smiley
Sad
<- 1  -   of 69 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Someone already got Chamber 15 in 29 seconds.
Edit history:
Chomp: 2007-10-15 05:37:49 am
woot
Quote:
Someone already got Chamber 15 in 29 seconds.

Do you have a link?  I'd like to see that

Nevermind, youtube'd it.
Edit history:
Takiata: 2007-10-15 07:56:05 pm
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Quote:

Do you have a link?  I'd like to see that

Nevermind, youtube'd it.

Chomp! You're finding all these great shortcuts and cutting down the times. <3 Fancy giving a Portal:DQ project a go? I'm trying to get some stuff started, but no one seems to be biting. :/ http://source-dq.com/ if you're interested.

Edit: Got a reply from Mike at Valve and apparently they're working on a fix for gittery demos. Grin
woot
Nice job on the demo reply Tongue

I might join that but I'm really short on time lately due to school and stuff Sad
Just finished the game (casual playthrough) today, I found it hilarious, and a little unnerving at times. I'll try to see what I can do on the time-attacks.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
http://source-dq.com/prtls/testchmb_a_09_b5k_26s.dem
Using a new fling method, if optimized right could yeild much greater times than the old method.
5 + 4 = 9
Wow this actually turned out to be very very popular! Demos seem to mess up with gravity on my PC for some reason though :S
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Quote:
Wow this actually turned out to be very very popular! Demos seem to mess up with gravity on my PC for some reason though :S

Demos are very bugged at the moment, I've talked with someone at Valve and they're working on it. Also, come one people! I've made a whole forum dedicated to this one game, so there's not a thread with a mix of Least Portals, Fastest Time and Speed Runs! http://source-dq.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl :>
I used to be athiest until I realized I was God.

17 in 53. I used a savestate, but its at least proof of concept
boss
Chamber 08 shortcut.
Waiting hurts my soul...
Very nice groobo.
woot

I posted that on the previous page Sad
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote:
I posted that on the previous page Sad

Really?  I didn't see it.  Looking now I just see a bunch of .rar files, which I hate because I can't play them imbedded in the browser like youtube...
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Quote:
Really?  I didn't see it.  Looking now I just see a bunch of .rar files, which I hate because I can't play them imbedded in the browser like youtube...

Kids these days! Always demanding instant gratification! can't be bothered to open up a game to view a demo, tsk tsk tsk. Welcome to old school tricking my friend, we don't have time to much about with fraps and youtube. We're raw. Wink
Edit history:
ZenicReverie: 2007-10-16 11:34:08 pm
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote:
Kids these days! Always demanding instant gratification! can't be bothered to open up a game to view a demo, tsk tsk tsk. Welcome to old school tricking my friend, we don't have time to much about with fraps and youtube. We're raw. Wink

I don't have the game yet, so videos instead of demos are much appreciated.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Quote:
I don't have the game yet, so videos instead of demos are much appreciated.

You don't have it?! BLASPHEMY!
Edit history:
ZenicReverie: 2007-10-17 12:46:21 am
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote:
You don't have it?! BLASPHEMY!

Yes well, I'm still in school and I've found that if I play games during school I end up doing poorly in the courses I'm taking.  So I've had to swear off most games I'd want to play hours on end, including this one, until I'm done, which is in 9 weeks.  First things I'm picking up after graduating are the orange box and oblivion along with a DVD recorder.

Bringing back the posts to topic, I'm finding the game very interesting and I love the shortcuts chomp and groobo, among others, are finding.  Compared to the other youtube videos, you're crushing the times.
Edit history:
Siyko: 2007-10-19 02:56:39 am
Testchamber 03 shortcut, I don't think it's been posted yet, although I may have missed it (i hate playing .dem files...)

edit: better one already exists
Don't think!  feeeeeal
16 in 39

http://students.washington.edu/blakep/other/16_1.dem
boss
I watched every demo that was posted before and I was 100% sure that I was the first one to record this chamber 08 shortcut, sorry :P.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Quote:
Testchamber 03 shortcut, I don't think it's been posted yet, although I may have missed it (i hate playing .dem files...)

if anyone can come up with a better way of dodging the stupid ball, it'd save a couple seconds.

I covered that here.
boss
Chamber 10 run.
Edit history:
marshmallow: 2007-10-18 11:28:56 pm
Jack of all Trades
Quote:

If by "euthanize" you mean "make obsolete", then no, they don't.

Sure they do, that's why you can only get my HL2 run via archive.org.

As for this thread, I'm looking forward to an SS run. I love me some Portal. Except the step challenges, those are just obnoxious. The way things are now, it looks like most of the start of the game will be waiting around in elevators.
Edit history:
Siyko: 2007-10-19 03:04:45 am
Sequence break during level 19 using wallclimbing. I was doing some rough practice for a thought of a SS run and this solved the big problem that is this room.

The room full of turrets doesn't trigger unless you specifically touch the ground.

The box is from a couple rooms back when you had to break the tube open to climb up the vent. It loses about 3 seconds to keep it this far.

It's not hard to do the wallclimb from the place the portal is created, but I had a lot of trouble doing it while Fraps is running. Oh well.
Obey the Daleks or be Exterminated! Riiiiiiight...
I found this neat trick someone used to get through the beginning of Chamber 19 right up to the balcony overlooking the firepit.  I think this trick would be very useful:

Sorry for reposting this if it was already posted before.