--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
DemonStrate: 2012-04-18 06:54:06 pm
DemonStrate: 2012-04-18 06:52:16 pm
If we were you, we would quit now.
Okay. This wasn't THAT hard. Seriously. I took the SKIDROW version. I copied the folders:
bin
platform
portal2

and the files:
portal2.exe (the original, not the cracked one)
portal2.ico
portal2.sh

and I followed the steps I gave on the previous page of this thread. Using that version (build 4535), I've made a version that can reproduce the button save glitch. The difference is, it MUST attempt to connect to Steam via the revEmu (meaning, it pretends to be connecting to Steam). That is why button save glitch works. It will not work in the SKIDROW version because it doesn't attempt to connect to Steam. This causes loading from saves to take substantially longer. In the SKIDROW version, I load in half a second, and in the revEmu version, it loads in 3 seconds. This is because the revEmu emulates connecting to Steam. Somehow, this is why the glitch exists.

It only took me about half an hour to do this. If you guys need help, just ask. Here is a chunk of the rev-client.log that shows it emulating Steam:
2012/04/18 20:38:26 SteamDisconnect IP = 192.168.0.100 | SteamID = STEAM_0:0:1148502148

2012/04/18 20:38:26 Adapters::CSteamNetworking005::AllowP2PPacketRelay
2012/04/18 20:38:26 Adapters::CSteamNetworking005::AllowP2PPacketRelay
2012/04/18 20:38:26 CAdapterSteamClient010::GetISteamGameServer
2012/04/18 20:38:26 Using Interface: SteamGameServer010
2012/04/18 20:38:26 CAdapterSteamClient010::GetISteamMasterServerUpdater
2012/04/18 20:38:26 Using Interface: SteamMasterServerUpdater001
2012/04/18 20:38:26 CAdapterSteamClient010::GetISteamNetworking
2012/04/18 20:38:26 Using Interface: SteamNetworking005
2012/04/18 20:38:26 RevEmu NSNet Checking Client: Attempt to send data to UDP host resulted in error: 10049

2012/04/18 20:38:31 Adapters::CSteamGameServer010::SendUserConnectAndAuthenticate
2012/04/18 20:38:31 Ticket: Rev Emu.
2012/04/18 20:38:31 UserConnect IP = 192.168.0.100 | SteamID = STEAM_0:0:1148502148 (178)

2012/04/18 20:38:31 CAdapterSteamApps004::BIsSubscribed

This is what I have in my rev.ini:
[Loader]
ProcName=portal2.exe
SteamDll=steam\Steam.dll
SteamClient = True

My shortcut to the revLoader has this added to the target field:
-launch portal2.exe

AGAIN. If you have any questions, just ask. Now, stop bugging me to get my game. I just gave you what you needed to make a BSG version of the game.

Edit: Proof:

You can see the button is pressed with nothing on it. I was able to reproduce it the third time I tried.
Edit history:
ncla: 2012-04-19 05:17:42 am

Thanks, software tester master. Cheesy
Edit history:
DemonStrate: 2012-04-19 04:10:41 pm
DemonStrate: 2012-04-19 03:39:22 pm
By bad. I missed a critical part of the rev.ini:
SteamClientDll=steam\steamclient.dll

You need that in there or the registry will not update the linkage to the steamclient.dll properly. It is different than the "SteamDll", because the client dictates if you are connected to the revEmu 'Steam' or not.

Edit: Another thing I missed:
The portal2.exe I am using is from Steam's Portal 2. So, it is not any kind of cracked EXE. It is the real game's EXE.

Edit2: Crap! Missed another thing:
Replace the client.dll and server.dll in portal2/bin with the one's from this archive:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45123651/sr-port2cf.rar
Thank you so much again, DemonStrate. Smiley
Proof: http://i43.tinypic.com/20fb3n6.png
Has there been any records for a Co-op Single segment run? I've searched for a while, but failed to come up with anything besides the fastest times on certain co-op chambers.
By single segment you mean not map by map segmented run? If so, haven't seen one. I will probably do in future map by map segmented COOP speedrun.
Yes, that is what I meant. It seems that no one is bothering with it, as of yet, so my friend and I may start trying for a good time.
Is there any way to play Coop SS with reportal without having to changelevel into course 2 3 4 5 (skipping the hub, therefore not being a full game SS either)?

From what I tell saved data is stored in the Steam Cloud and SKIDROW doesn't have that.
Gets the cake.
Quote from ncla:
awesome video

Wow.
Quote from S.Eagle:
Is there any way to play Coop SS with reportal without having to changelevel into course 2 3 4 5 (skipping the hub, therefore not being a full game SS either)?

From what I tell saved data is stored in the Steam Cloud and SKIDROW doesn't have that.

I think it can still count as SS, you can do SS runs of games that require disk switching after all.
Yes, Inexistence is a word.
...epic ncla.
Oh balls. New DLC in May. If you want the current version of the game (for whatever reason), you'd better back it up now.
Edit history:
Blazier: 2012-04-30 01:28:10 am
Quote from DemonStrate:
Oh balls. New DLC in May. If you want the current version of the game (for whatever reason), you'd better back it up now.

May 8th to be exact. They didn't add any new content, only a map editor, so I doubt they'll break demo playback. Doesn't hurt to be safe, though...
Is there a way (a console command) to boost your movement speed? I was wondering since perfect bunny jumping can be quite hard to reproduce. I want it to use it in order to find potential routes.
lalala
Rov, that's a great way to shoot yourself in the foot. Learn the movement first, then work the routes. You'll gnash your teeth trying to get that 'perfect' run when your theorycrafting on max possible speed turns out to be a bit too fast for the route.
Edit history:
RøvRapunzel: 2012-05-05 07:38:20 am
Thanks flechette but I do know the "movement". What I am looking for is a way to set my acceleration and maximum speed so I know exactly how much and how little is needed when I am trying to reach something. My purpose is not to set the max speed and then try to run the entire chamber, it is only to test segments.
https://bitbucket.org/VoiDeD/steamre/src/6af5ab95757c/Projects/DepotDownloader/DepotDownloader

A tool that lets you download any version of any Steam game (assuming you have a valid Steam account that owns the game).
King Laskdjf
DLC doesn't break demos.
With that video, how do you start flying at the end? When do you do the funnel glitch?
Quote from CanadaRox:
https://bitbucket.org/VoiDeD/steamre/src/6af5ab95757c/Projects/DepotDownloader/DepotDownloader

A tool that lets you download any version of any Steam game (assuming you have a valid Steam account that owns the game).

Seems too good to be true.
Quote from S.Eagle:
Quote from CanadaRox:

Seems too good to be true.

http://www.l4dnation.com/l4d2-discussion/wip-old-demo-playback-info/

A bit more information on how to use it and what exactly it does.
I'm pretty new to SDA, so can someone recommend to me a good way to record a single segment speedrun for this game? I'm not sure what the standards for SDA are or whether or not I should use demos.

Note: I am using the updated version of Portal 2, not the original with full reportaling and BSG.

Thanks to whoever replies!
Edit history:
coolkid: 2012-05-22 01:13:51 am
coolkid: 2012-05-22 01:13:28 am
I'd say that demo recordings are prefered for Source & GoldSource games as they don't effect the ingame performance/FPS nor create 10+gb of files like Fraps would. I find demos to be a way better proof of showing off a legitimate single-segment run than just a video recording, but that's just me. Now, the main challenge of finishing a "true" single-segment run somewhat fast is most likely not dying because if you do, it's no longer an actual single-segment since you had to reload a save. If you record demos the game stops recording & creating new demos inbetween levels if you die (unless you start a new demo recording) which is unfortunate but that's how Source/GoldSource games work. Good luck!
Hmm... I hadn't thought that dying would mean it wouldn't be considered single segment anymore. I figured I can just pause and hit "Load Last Save" and continue from there without stopping. Of course, I'd like to avoid dying but if it happens just once late in the run I'd rather not have to restart.