Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Pokémon Puzzle Challenge (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses
Quote:
Considering my standing record at Intense mode is a whopping 93 continues, I feel slightly underqualified to judge this.

A/V: Fine
Cheating: None

I think I did some of those chain continuing moves on accident a couple of times, but I had no idea how to control them. Like, switching a falling block into the stack continues the chain? It just doesn't make sense.

This plays identically to Tetris Attack, but is obviously much harder on this mode so there's room for a bit more time variance. Still, all the times are between 1 minute and 1:30 (besides a quite lucky Steelix) and I'm quite happy with this going up.

Accept

Quote:
I don't think I've even beaten Intense all the way through yet, much less in one sitting, although the age of my GBC doesn't help. This is a heckuva thing to behold. As further comment, the runner tries to use combos to start breaking garbage wherever they can, and any minor fumbles/slow periods are recovered from well. While there's room for improvement on an individual levels basis, a player naturally has far less control over starting blocks and enemy behaviour in a full mode run. The game notes are very informative, the movie quality is good, the run is accepted!

Quote:
A/V: Fine
Timing of run is 16:06 as the runner indicated this via the records page

Very solid run there's nothing to say but this was a very well executed run.  My eyes hurt just trying to keep up with the cursor >>

Accept

Quote:
A/V is Fine, no cheating, etc, repetition.

It's a fantastic watch to see how fast he plays. Obviously a bot (except not really). Overall I enjoyed it and I learned a few things too, and it shows a fantastic standard of play.

Accept.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'CardsOfTheHeart'!
Thread title:  
Edit history:
mike89: 2013-11-20 07:45:23 pm
SEGA Junkie
Should put the difficulty tag on this, UA. This is on Intense, the highest difficulty.

Congrats to Cardsoftheheart, sweet run!
Great job!
Not a walrus
Quote from mike89:
Should put the difficulty tag on this, UA. This is on Intense, the highest difficulty.

Congrats to Cardsoftheheart, sweet run!

It's on there now, not sure why it wasn't before.
may use a few too many Kappas
Aw shucks, I don't feel worthy of the praise since I didn't execute near as well as I wanted to. I suppose I was just really lucky with the healing.

If you liked this, you should also look at the current WR run by unusualcook.

He set the record while this was in verification and it really demonstrates his love for this game. I grew up with Pokémon Puzzle League, but this guy grew up with Pokémon Puzzle Challenge and has taught me quite a bit about how this game works.

cook and I are also racing this at SRG 3.0 so if you liked this run, check out that race when it's finally scheduled. Hopefully you'll get to see more of the same. Tongue