1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/PokemonFireLeaf.html

Pokémon Fire Red (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
More single segment madness, with luck in all the right places (completion-wise, at least) and impressive resource management while under pressure, most notably early on for Torrent and later during both E4 rounds. Equally impressive is the capture plan for the National Dex, which appears to target all the most reliable choices. It must've been painful to have to use all those Rare Candies for evolution, but that's what has to be done to get that final time to where it is. Any non-luck-related improvements will be minor, no quality or legitimacy issues, blah blah blah accept away.

Quote:
A/V good, no cheating.  Even with some of the movement mistakes, menu flubs, and the whole Lt. Surge gym thing, the time is still 3:52, which is damn impressive and just blows the current SDA run out of the water.  Great job, werster!  Accept!

Quote:
Audio and video qualities are good, no cheating at all. Some time lost on the electric locks inside Lt. Surge's gym but this cannot be helped. You'd think this run was done by UltimateDarius, but this is just unbelievable how great this run is. It's worth an accept from me. Werster must get his Speedrunning talent from his brother, Mike89. (Werster if you're reading this, if Mike89 is not your brother but are related to each other I apologize in advance).

Accept, accept, accept and more accept.

Quote:
Didn't notice a problem with A/V, didn't notice cheating.

There's really nothing to mention that wasn't posted before. The run is a really long SS of a Pokémon game, there are errors here and there, but nothing really stood out as something to reject the run for. So many starting fights can just troll the run into ruin, and then with the ending fights being just as bad, to have a run finish is just insane.

Easy Accept.

Quote:
Just realized that I forgot to post my decision.  Whoops.

A/V good, no cheating detected.

As if the improvement to the previous run weren't grounds enough...  The sheer amount of luck needed for this run is astounding, and the few execution errors are quite minor.  Spinners are skipped with consistency and alacrity that make me jealous, and I must second (fourth?) the previous sentiments about the National Dex route and resource management (one Potion left at the end!).  Surge, er, Surge's "puzzle" trolls as usual, as does Pidgeotto, but other than a couple crits and such (which could have happened at far worse times), the luck in this run (yes, I mentioned it twice)... Shocked

Accept

Quote:
I was going to attempt to do a 'swear count' on this but the amount of effort needed was just too high...

A/V is fine, no cheating detected.

Now this is actually a close one for me, while the route is fabulous and the execution is great, the luck in some parts of this run is definitively subpar. Even looking at just the first half hour of the game it could be improved by over a minute relatively easily. That said the amount of luck needed in this run is insane. Seriously even completing a run of this is beyond ridiculous and this time is undoubtedly damn good.

So while I believe this is improvable, it's still an accept for me.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Mark 'werster' McKenzie!
Thread title:  
just( •_•)>⌐■-■ ..... (⌐■_■)wing it
congrats werster. 
Edit history:
mike89: 2013-04-15 04:35:31 pm
mike89: 2013-04-15 04:35:16 pm
SEGA Junkie
This run isn't an any%, this is for the Elite Four Round 2 category. Just FYI.

Quote from Verifier 3:
Werster must get his Speedrunning talent from his brother, Mike89.

I knew somebody was listening to me when I said that Wink
Make it so.
Quote from mike89:
This run isn't an any%, this is for the Elite Four Round 2 category. Just FYI.

We mentioned that in the private thread, I'm sure Flip will have noticed, he just probably forgot to change this page.
Not a walrus
Yeah, it's marked correctly in the queue now, Flip just didn't fix his template. It's all good.