--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
acxy500: 2006-03-31 02:25:24 pm
Well, here we go then.

Í've already started running this. But at the same time I'm searching for more shortcuts and suchs. I know few of those already, but I seem to find more every time I play ;D.

Here's one of my Hazard course test-runs. In case you're interested..

(Yeah, it's wmv.. sorry)..
Thread title:  
I'm a Half-Life runner ;)
Great, keep up the work. I've almost completed Poke646 when I played, but.. Well, looking forward to see a run of it  Smiley
XXY
Poke646 looked interesting from the Hazard Course test run you did, so I downloaded it, and did a couple little test runs myself:

http://s4.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=31ZPRSW8Z84MO3S53PUATX357O
First bit through the obstacle course.

http://s4.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=16Y39IZGD70Q51HLYO5BPJPYL9
For some reason I stopped this demo right before I dropped off the pipe.

I don't know the load zones of the hazard course that well yet (as evidenced in demo 2), but you get the idea :P. I'd just like to say right here and now, that I do not like the bunnyhopping. Maybe I just don't know the secret to it yet, but it's slow and hard to do.

Anyways, for the first demo, I get to the door a little faster. There's a way to do it faster though. Jumping on the big box with enough momentum can get you right to the last little platform. I didn't manage to demo it. Well, I did twice, but ran through the load zone both times <_<;

For demo 2, I get to that piece of paper a little faster. After that, I forgot that the pipe was in the next area, so my hopping is a little screwed up, but whatever. I'm gonna re-demo all of it, and get all the way up to the next load zone. Then I can start demo 3 =)

I don't know if I'll want to demo my progress through the actual game just yet. For one thing, I haven't played it, and second of all, my aformentioned contempt towards the bunny hopping. Also, I remember tronbot saying the game is closed off when it comes to shortcuts. Invisible walls everywhere, not a game that can be glitched easily like Half-Life.

I would already like to note the possibility of pipebomb shortcuts and "Explodetoad" shortcuts, but I dunno yet... I'll play through the game and see if I want to run the entire thing through tedious demos =D!
Edit history:
acxy500: 2006-03-31 06:19:27 pm
My shortcuts usually contain enemys.

For example: you don't have to use a lever (much) to bring one bridge down. Just jump to that lever, jump to some enemy's head and to the bridge.

Bunnying: yeah, it's a bit different than in the normal HL, but it's ok anyways.

Demo comments:
1) Yeb. I just realyzed that. Well, I'm doing a new hazard run too.
2) A little faster? That's much faster, infact, that's genius. Didn't think of that..
Edit history:
slYnki: 2006-03-31 10:16:44 pm
XXY
For the pipebomb, it's best to stand with your back to it as close to the fence as you can be, then you can immediately throw it. A tad bit efficient, maybe. Other than that, that's about all we can squeeze out of the hazard course. Well, short of memorizing where all the targets come, and timing it so you can shoot them immediately ^_^;

I tried playing the actual game, and I don't really like it that much. The intro was humorous, but I don't know if I'll ever speedrun it. My hopes were up when I saw a bullsquid (melee boost ^_^), but there's invisible walls everywhere, so poo <_<;  I dunno, I may come to like it in the future, we'll see.
Edit history:
acxy500: 2006-04-01 08:07:16 am
The actual game is not that fun while you play it for the first time. I even found it to be hard (even on easy).
But it gets funnier every time you play it.

Man. You finished your T&R run. And now 77 is under 77.
Finally it'll be ready.
XXY
I indeed finished that run, and I kicked its ass too. insid and I are devising ways to bring the time up to 77. He's probably gonna bring back his Halo run, and but in his SC Legendary run. After that, we'll probably just fudge the time =D
I did a new HC run Over here. It's a bit better than the originall one, but not perfect. (Damn that box).

And I'm gonna record the first segment later today. (I have free time, much free time).
hl for president.
the problem with poke 646 is, that it's level design is very "good" - from a technical point of view. but that means that there are almost no shortcuts possible, everything blocked with clipping brushes etc.

but i still really like that mod, very very nicely done, and especially the subway part was great stuff.
Edit history:
slYnki: 2006-04-02 06:26:47 pm
XXY
I think I've got Poke's bunnyhopping down decently well now :). I'm making demos of my new hazard course run. Already I'm about 4 seconds faster, and that's just on the obstacle course ^_^;
Quote:
I think I've got Poke's bunnyhopping down decently well now :). I'm making demos of my new hazard course run. Already I'm about 4 seconds faster, and that's just on the obstacle course ^_^;

Hee. Post the run here, when it's ready.
I'm a Half-Life runner ;)
Hey, how many shortcuts you found as far ?
I've already found 5 shortcuts (some just save something like few seconds, but I count 'em in) before the sewers. After that, not so much..
I have only one BIG shortcut which you can skip a puzzle with.

Not much. Few, here and there, but not anything big. As tronbot said, the game is pretty well designed.

I may record some of my shortcuts and post them here.
XXY
Have you got the bunnyhopping one right at the beginning of the game? I'm all but certain you can jump right to that vent without anything else. I'll fiddle around with that. Now for my hazard course run, I'm aiming for a perfect obstacle course run at the moment. I was having troubles with demo 2, so I went back a little :P.
Wow. I tried that vent -thing too, but didn't manage to do it. If you can, please, demo it and post here. That'd save some time.
XXY
I'm convinced there's a fast way through that room. I'm gonna search for some fast ways about. I'll also try my hand at that jumping shortcut. Seems plausible enough.
Edit history:
acxy500: 2006-04-09 06:52:51 pm
4 words: I_hate_this_game.

After failed attempt number 50, I decided to take a break. I Wont be running this for awhile.

And I tried to find a faster way to the first room, but didn't find anything. Well, my way is not that slow anyways. If you find something PoCari (or someone else), tell it. I'll re-record using that trick.