<- 12
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Talk to the Hand
Quote from moooh:
We have decided that we can host runs for these kind of games from now on with the stipulation that we'll take the videos down "if the game ever gets in legal hot water" as Radix put it.
You will be contacted by someone from staff (if you haven't already) in regards to the final encodes that would be required to resume this submission.

Given that I criticized the decision not to publish this run, I'll give credit where it's due here. Props to you and the staff for reversing your original decision and making what I feel is the correct call.
Gets the cake.
Curiously, after this decision, does this mean that SDA will now be accepting runs of modifications of PC games? (Black Mesa: Source or that Amnesia-engine port of Penumbra, for example?)
I liked the original rule better. Only official releases. Since many flash games and bootlegs are just modified versions of real games, people might as well submit modded games like z1 said, GoldenEye: Source or Total Annihilation: Spring or Sonic Colors 60 FPS hack or whatever (btw Black Mesa is soon to be an official game). OK, so they don't accept beta or early access games, but they accept flash games which are usually ALWAYS in beta as they haven't received a proper production cycle and always get updated etc. I mean in the end they're just hobby projects, not real games.
Obscure games ftw
Epic Battle Fantasy 4 and VVVVVV both started in Flash and both were released on Steam in that form. VVVVVV got a rebuild in C, but as far as I know EBF4 remained in Flash.

On that note, "real" games tend to get more updates than Flash games do. Just look at your average Steam release!  Even console games before patching would have major bugs patched out for re-runs (Jak and Daxter has a skip that only works on the black label copy).