Sad
page  <- 1234567891011121314151617181920 <- 1 ... 20
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
We all scream for Eyes Cream
Ah so the Quads is basically the dorms we'll be paying for and the Without is the Total which includes the other stuff like the meeting rooms and such. Alright cause that confused me a lot. x_x
Everybody's favorite monster
Is it safe to say the marathon is starting the 6th of January till the 10th starting at 5-6 PM EST?
I would like someone to confirm this so i can start booking my ticket:)
Yoshi's eggs are at my mercy!
Quote from mikwuyma:
Tri-Hex: UraniumAnchor's point is that 100% in YI is very very unforgiving, and even if you do practice a lot, it's very easy to screw up.

I've been eating 100% IL's for breakfast doing all the crazy complex shots over the last year trying to generate my last generation of improvements to the level table. A 100% SS would scale back most of the crazy shots in exchange for safeness and consistency.

Quote from mikwuyma:
Also, I'm 99% sure Yoshi's Island will be a any% run instead, which will knock off 2 hours. I know Tri-Hex will complain about this change two months later when he actually reads the forum.

I'm sorry if my lack of online presence this year has given the impression that I haven't been keen on practicing Yoshi's Island, but I promise it's the opposite of what it seems. It's just that, with the level of optimization needed to improve the 2006 records, serious results don't occur without something like, 5 hours of attempts for a single level. In fact, I'm bumping the Yoshi's Island thread after this post with the news of an improved 1-3 100% in 0:55.

It's totally understandable that something as risky as Yoshi's Island 100% SS is too-long or too-demanding for concern of quality, but if I got several estimates of actual SS play by the end of September (being realistic here) that backed up my claim of ~3:00:xx-3:30:00 for 100% SS, would you reconsider? Or should I just sulk in the corner until January?
I'm just trying to impress you.
if I end up going, which I'll be able to confirm in like a month or two, I'm definitely willing to do as much blast corps as you'll let me. Sub 30 Any% is completely guaranteed (if I got more than 29:00 I'd shoot myself). And as for 100%, if you end up axing stuff and a big 2 hour hole appears, I'm confident I could consistently hit sub 2h 100%'s in time for this Smiley
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2010-08-30 12:15:07 am
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Trekhaak: I know we talked about this on IRC forever ago, but yes, the marathon starts on January 6th. However, I'd like to use January 5th as a day to set up and to meet up/play games/ do the lock-in again..

Tri-Hex: Better start crying because I changed Yoshi's Island to an any%. Even if you do manage to cut it down to 3 or 3 and a half hours, that's still an extra hour that could be used for something else, sorry.

PEACHES_: A 2-hour hole HAHAHAAHA. But seriously, an any% would be cool.

Also I made some edits to the schedule.

-Added 2 and a half hours for Devil May Cry 3 based on Ryman's old estimate.
-Added Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask since it seems likely Jiano will come
-Yoshi's Island cut down to 2 hours because it's an any% now
-Mega Man 10 cut because it's kinda long and not that popular
-Metal Slug 1 cut because it's not as popular as X or 3 and I don't have a good port to practice on
-Paper Mario cut because it's long and UltraJMan said it was too hard to do single-segment (or something like that)
-Tetris cut because MercuryZelda doesn't want to do it
-FF7 cut because honestly, no one is going to run it, unfortunately
-We <3 Katamari cut because one Katamari game is enough
$15 per rant/allegory
Just to check, the location is locked now right?

I need to give the VISA people the address of my first night of stay in the US so I need to make sure this is confirmed before I do anything!
I updated the first post of the topic, but if you've been paying attention to what's been going on lately, there's probably nothing new.

Flicky: Yes, we are planning on staying at the 4-H Center, but I need to know how many days people are staying because of how contracts at the 4-H center work. Please read this topic: http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/marathon_sign_up_payment__serious_time_edition.html

That also goes for anyone else interested in coming.

Also, I cut Kirby's Avalanche and Kid Icarus from the list because Cyghfer said he can't come. Sad I kept Dr. Mario and Tetris Attack because other people can play those games.
Fucking Weeaboo
I see that there's now a release date for Kirby's Epic Yarn for October 17th.  That'll give me 2.5 months to learn it, which should be plenty of time.  Romscout also suggested at one point a 3-way Nightmare in Dream Land race, adding me into the mix.  I'll see if I can get that one down again as well...might as well Kirby myself out at the marathon. Tongue

(Date for Epic Yarn is from the official NOA presses.)
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2010-08-30 08:42:04 pm
Removed Shadow of the Colossus because neither Breakdown or Vorpaledge want to run it.

Removed Contra: Hard Corps/Shattered Soldier because I need to cut some damn time.

Removed 'Splosion man because there's no way an online co-op run is going to happen.

Yes, the time increased because I removed question marks from some times. Times with question marks in them didn't count towards the  final tally.