Smiley
Sad
page  <- 1234567891011121314151617181920 -> <- 1 .. 17 .. 20 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I'm sure he'll let everyone see it when it is done. What good would it do if he kept it to himself?
I'm actually involved with Geek.Kon (Anime/Gaming convention in Wisconsin). I could help get promotional stuff out for the marathon and/or SDA itself. We've got somewhat of a theme of impressive accomplishments in games going on, so it'd be easy enough to work something like this in. Only problem is, it's coming up pretty quickly (Sept 3-5), so as Mike mentioned when I briefly talked to him about it, it might be a bit too soon to really start pushing it.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
If Breakdown's working on a trailer video, then he's done a great job of hiding it from dex, nate, flip, and me. Don't expect one until sometime later in the fall at the earliest. And yes, the video will be available to the public when we finish.

Trekhaak: We'll definitely be setting up January 5th, the day before the marathon. Also, I'm thinking of starting around 5 or 6pm EST, because I don't want to start before people are off work (well I guess I'm ignoring the West Coast :P).
Edit history:
Trekhaak: 2010-07-27 01:04:40 am
Everybody's favorite monster
Quote from mikwuyma:
If Breakdown's working on a trailer video, then he's done a great job of hiding it from dex, nate, flip, and me. Don't expect one until sometime later in the fall at the earliest. And yes, the video will be available to the public when we finish.

Trekhaak: We'll definitely be setting up January 5th, the day before the marathon. Also, I'm thinking of starting around 5 or 6pm EST, because I don't want to start before people are off work (well I guess I'm ignoring the West Coast :P).

You need a few extra hands? Im not really technical in setting stuff up etc but i really want to contribute to the marathon.
If that means coming a day earlier so be it! Wink

Edit: I assumed breakdown was making the promo because:
'' We really want this game because Breakdown's new promo vid idea involves Portal ''
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2010-07-27 11:08:10 am
Trekhaak: He will help make the promo video, but that doesn't mean he's working on it now. Oh also, by 5 or 6 pm, I mean that's the time I was thinking of starting the marathon on the 6th.

Oh also if anyone is curious about Marvel Ultimate Alliance: http://speeddemosarchive.com/forum/index.php?topic=11928.msg334841#msg334841

I'm not going to strike it from the list yet, but I honestly don't feel like playing the game too much.
Quote from mikwuyma:
Trekhaak: He will help make the promo video, but that doesn't mean he's working on it now. Oh also, by 5 or 6 pm, I mean that's the time I was thinking of starting the marathon on the 6th.

Oh also if anyone is curious about Marvel Ultimate Alliance: http://speeddemosarchive.com/forum/index.php?topic=11928.msg334841#msg334841

I'm not going to strike it from the list yet, but I honestly don't feel like playing the game too much.

If you are going setting up the equipment up at the 5th, are you all going home after that or are you going to stay at the place we rented?
If thats the case, i would like to come the 5th so i can at least get to know a few of you better before the marathon actually starts :p
Edit history:
feasel: 2010-07-27 06:52:17 pm
difficult and stupidly random
Any takers on doing 2p River City Ransom?

Even for someone who doesn't live in the area, it should still be a viable option.  Most of what needs doing can be practiced in 1p mode.  I can provide information about route and strategies.  I think there are only a couple things that need to be practiced in 2p mode, and we can do that together during the earlier days of the marathon (or beforehand, if you're planning on arriving early).

EDIT:  A 2p run is fairly forgiving.  If one person dies the other person can revive them simply by moving to a different screen.  So screwing up is not fatal.
I want off the ride....
Quote from feasel:
Any takers on doing 2p River City Ransom?

Even for someone who doesn't live in the area, it should still be a viable option.  Most of what needs doing can be practiced in 1p mode.  I can provide information about route and strategies.  I think there are only a couple things that need to be practiced in 2p mode, and we can do that together during the earlier days of the marathon (or beforehand, if you're planning on arriving early).

EDIT:  A 2p run is fairly forgiving.  If one person dies the other person can revive them simply by moving to a different screen.  So screwing up is not fatal.

feasel if no one steps up i'll see what i can do. I mean I've played RCR a lot... and I do MOST of the combat myself. I just need to remember screens not to run into pits (there are 2 of them i do it in).
Edit history:
feasel: 2010-07-28 03:20:29 pm
difficult and stupidly random
Quote from RaneofSOTN:
feasel if no one steps up i'll see what i can do. I mean I've played RCR a lot... and I do MOST of the combat myself. I just need to remember screens not to run into pits (there are 2 of them i do it in).

Rane:  That sounds great.
I thought I was going to have to twist Mike's arm if nobody else stepped up.
You know Rane and I just talked about the time I streamed Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and we both agree it's a bad choice for the marathon. Yes, I know it's a popular game, but it's just too random and coordinating multiplayer practice is a hassle.

Yes, Molotov, strike it from the list.
Yes, a worthless avatar riding my posts.
If there is no game I can run at this marathon I probably won't come. >_>

So please consider Faxanadu or Final Fantasy Legend.
ShinerCCC: There's really nothing else you can run? We still have five months, so you have plenty of time to learn a game. I can't allow either one of those games because about 10 people know the games, and 9 of them are on SDA.
My name is 4N6/Forensics.
About location I live in NY and I talked to my GM at the Hotel I work for and I should definitely be able to get a great deal depending on how many people come. I'll ask how much 50 or so rooms will cost and I'll get back to you.
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from lxx4xNx6xxl:
About location I live in NY and I talked to my GM at the Hotel I work for and I should definitely be able to get a great deal depending on how many people come. I'll ask how much 50 or so rooms will cost and I'll get back to you.

Huh, another hotel clerk, huh?  Hopefully the hotels around there have better internet then the one that MAGFest had.  MikeFest had to be moved from there because the internet sucked, though it really wasn't the hotel's fault, but the service provider, if I recall correctly.

As for what type of break you get, it really depends on the hotel, the GM, and the group sales manager.  Getting a larger number of rooms usually gets you better deals, but not always.
Despite the fact that we might get a good deal somewhere, its nice to see people take some initiative
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2010-08-03 09:56:40 am
Guy with the most impossible username ever: Is your hotel a chain? I appreciate the offer, but I don't exactly feel like going up to New York, especially when I said the marathon would be in the DC area.

EDIT: Oh wait, I see that the General Manager is responsible for all areas.

Trekhaak: Yeah it is nice to see someone care about the marathon more than the melee tourney. Roll Eyes

Lord_VG: Yeah, that Hilton was locked into a contract with their provider, so they had really bad outdated internet (think early 2000-era DSL)

Oh yeah, about the place, I might have found something, except they don't let you bring food, and their food prices are expensive. The internet is good though (50 down/10 up), but I need to check out the place in person.
Quote from mikwuyma:
Trekhaak: Yeah it is nice to see someone care about the marathon more than the melee tourney. Roll Eyes

Hey, i care about both! im already excited about going to the marathon even if its still 5 months away Smiley
Willing to teach you the impossible
Quote from mikwuyma:

It might not be expressed out loud, but I am sure like me that there are a bunch of ppl really looking forward to the marathon. I am working my ass off on my games and I am ready with 2 of the 3 or 4 games. I want the marathon more than much of anything right now (besides my books for college Wink )
Exoray
Quote from mikwuyma:
Oh yeah, about the place, I might have found something, except they don't let you bring food, and their food prices are expensive.

Wha? Disaster! How will we be able to have pizza time now?

I guess the connection takes priority, although considering how big plans we had for cooking already, we can only hope there's still a place out there which grants both.
train kept rollin
Quote from moooh:
Quote from mikwuyma:
Oh yeah, about the place, I might have found something, except they don't let you bring food, and their food prices are expensive.

stealth smuggling mission?
Edit history:
Trekhaak: 2010-08-03 11:41:49 am
Quote from moooh:
Quote from mikwuyma:

Molotov is gonna be pissed Wink Hopefully we can trick MercuryZelda to make us some pizza Cheesy

Edit: nvm, forgot we cant bring food
or we can eat outside. Does not take long for pizza to disappear In a house of 9. So a house with +35, I don't see much of an issue with it.
Quote from Heidman:
or we can eat outside. Does not take long for pizza to disappear In a house of 9. So a house with +35, I don't see much of an issue with it.

I guess I'd be the only one who's kind of screwed then, because I'd be outside for hours eating while everybody else is doing fun stuff. Tongue

Seriously though, wouldn't this be more of a problem for non-pizza fund people? You can't bring food in and I'm assuming they want you to buy their crap, so why would they let you cook anything there? And if that's the case, wouldn't it be pretty inconvenient to cook off-site and then bring the stuff back? Maybe I'm just missing something obvious, but I think the lack of food inside the place should pretty much be a deal breaker (unless that's the only choice remaining). Sad
I am sure your not the only pizza eater that will be there. Regardless, there is still time to find other places as well. So its not a big deal as of yet. We should actually bicker and come up with ideas when we have a spot picked out for sure. That way we dont waist effort  Wink
gamelogs.org
not being able to eat/drink when people want to seems like it might be detrimental to the general atmosphere of the thing. like it would be too formal or whatever.