page  <- 1234567891011121314151617181920 -> <- 1 .. 16 .. 20 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Good suggestion Breakdown.

Moooh: You're not going to like what I have to say.

The Mickey Mouse games: Maybe one of them, if it's short.

Cool Spot and Maui Mallard: No, I'm pretty sure these games are mostly forgotten by now.
Exoray
Actually, the Mickey Mouse game was 1 game, called "Mickey Mouse, Castle of Illusion" or sometimes "Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse".

Figured you would say that to Cool spot, well I know you have to be picky at this point Smiley

I wouldn't say Maui Mallard is long forgotten, released 1995 for Genesis, 1996 for the SNES (and also a 1998 release for gameboy) it was a very good platformer of that time (and he can turn into a Ninja in some stages, woot!). But yea, I guess if you have never heard of it, it it's probably not as popular as you'd like the last games to hit the schedule to be.
gamelogs.org
cool spot rules! but i might be the only other person who thinks that ...
Quote from arkarian:
cool spot rules! but i might be the only other person who thinks that ...

cool spot is fucking awesome.
You got a deletion wish?
Quote from moooh:
Cool Spot - More Virgin action! I'd say this was a pretty popular game and it's not too long either if played on the lower difficulties. We even have a dedicated runner for it (I'm looking at you MatrixTN).

Bite me, though I do like the bonus theme from that game.

I'd say 3 hours each on PoP: Warrior Within & Tho Thrones, will run both on Easy.  If you want to axe either or both of them, that's fine.
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2010-07-20 11:17:49 am
Wow, more Cool Spot love than I expected. I guess I could add it to the marathon list for now, then axe it later. Tongue

MatrixTN: Actually, I meant to contact you about those two games. I don't think it's worth having Warrior Within and Two Thrones since they take up so much time, and they're not as well-liked as Sands of Time (AFAIK). I mean, I could keep them, but I don't think we should have more than one 3-D Prince of Persia game. They're all a bit samey with the platforming and such.

EDIT: Essentia, I found some Chrono Trigger times on the japanese speedrun/RTA wiki: http://www40.atwiki.jp/niconamarta/pages/101.html

The two top tables are for the Super Nintendo version any% and 100%, respectively.
You got a deletion wish?
Since Moooh's talking me into Cool Spot and if you're considering it, I could probably give it a shot though I'm rusty as hell.  It would probably be on Practice difficulty (higher requires more points to advance to next level).

Request on Thexder Neo: Don't remember if I already brought this up in this thread and don't feel like backtracking, if donations warrant an encore I could run the game again without the shield (I have done it before though it would be a bit on the casual side).

BTW Moooh, you forgot to request making "7 UP YOURS".
Everything's better with Magitek
Mike: That's interesting, the time listed for the 100% is 13 seconds slower and was completed 3 years later than the Ultima Garden run.  I don't suppose there's a guide for the any% run?  I don't see one there.  I feel pretty confident that I can work out an any% route, though; looking at those times, 4:30 might be a good time for me to shoot for.
MatrixTN: No encore for Thexder Neo.

Essentia: I probably should have mentioned that the page is actually a wiki for the best records streamed on nicovideo

Actually, I looked at the runner link of the fastest Chrono Trigger any% time (にけ@ADA) and he has a list of checkpoint times.

The first time listed will be his time, the second time his target time. For some reason his target times stop about halfway through. Also, I have no idea if these times are pre-battle or post battle. Also, I don't remember Chrono Trigger bosses very well, so I'll probably get some names wrong.

Any%

Yakra: 16:48 - 16:35
Dragon Tank: 30:03 - 29:20
Guard Machine: 37:39 - 36:40
R-Series: 53:26 - 52:20
Heckran:  1:03:11 - 1:01:20
Masa and Mune (I think, they have completely different names in the Japanese version): 1:20:46 - 1:17:30 
Nizbel: 1:35:37 - 1:32:40
Inside Magus's Castle: 1:48:10 - 1:45:00    
Magus (his name is demon king in the J version!): 2:20:05 - 2:11:20
Tyrano: 3:11:00
Inside Buckets?: 3:43:57
Inside Lavos's body: 3:59:38
THE END: 4:18:00

100%

Magus: 2:12:45
Tyranno 2:36:50
Giga Gaia   3:14:04
Twin Golems  3:30:22
petit Lavos 3? (I can't figure this one out) 4:08:31
Rust Tyrano 4:29:24
Inside Black Omen:   5:09:16
Inside Lavos's body 5:44:56
THE END    6:05:07

http://com.nicovideo.jp/community/co311878 He also has his streaming channels, which includes a ustream channel, on the page.

The guy with the second fastest 100% run said one of his five goals is to improve the run.

P.S. I also found this site. The site has a TA/RTA section, and Inichi has a bunch of posts in that section, of course. I haven't read what's in there yet because I'm lazy.
Weegee Time
Quote from mikwuyma:
petit Lavos 3? (I can't figure this one out) 4:08:31

Sounds like the 3 Lavos Spawns on Death Peak.
We all scream for Eyes Cream
Weird how the 100% time is missing a bunch of the other sidequests.
0-10
Quote from Axel Ryman:
Weird how the 100% time is missing a bunch of the other sidequests.

Unless they're assuming to do a couple in each segment, which would be hell. Lips Sealed
Quote from Lenophail:
Unless they're assuming to do a couple in each segment, which would be hell. Lips Sealed

RTA means the game is played in a single-session, except you can use saving and loading in case if you screw up.
Glitching EB 1 flying man at a time
Quote from Lord_VG:
Bubble Bobble Plus/Bubble Bobble Neo would be another good multiplayer fun game choice.  It supports up to 4 people, and it's pretty pick up and play.

Melee or Brawl (or both) would be excellent.

If we can't get 10 player Saturn Bomberman going, hitting up the XBLA or SNES ones would be pretty cool too.

Maybe pull in some fun tourneys, with fighters too, like SF2/SF4/SSF2/SSF4?

I'm all for some Bubble Bobble, even if I've never played Plus.
Fucking Weeaboo
If you've played Neo on the 360, it's virtually the same game, just slightly graphically different.  Otherwise, it's pretty well pick up and play.  100 levels, no crystal ball/door warp in level 99.  I'll be playing on Super Arranged mode, since that's the best mode in the game, IMO.  Time will definitely clock under 1 hr (as I've done it by myself, with continues).  I think I have an older attempt on my YouTube account, so you can see all the levels.
Glitching EB 1 flying man at a time
That's good to know that Neo is pretty much the same game. I don't own a 360, so never played it, no. Looks interesting, nonetheless.
Exoray
I think you can remove me as candidate for Banjo-Kazooie. The leap to NTSC would be too big and I wouldn't have time to practice that version before the marathon so it's better if someone who's in the right region does this.
SEGA Junkie
As far as I know there is no leap to NTSC for Banjo Kazooie, the games run at the same speed in all regions. Of course if you don't feel up to it for other reasons then sure, but I guess that means its up to arkarian to do me proud. Tongue
Exoray
Really? Well that just goes to show how much (or little) I've actually have been running this game. Anyways, I did say that I could do this only if we didn't have someone more seasoned show up. Since ark is definitely coming now, he should go for it Smiley
gamelogs.org
heh ... yeah i'm sure i could do it if i practiced, the only problem would be finding the time to practice. i can let yall know when we're closer to the marathon. uncharted 2 comes first for me though.
Everybody's favorite monster
I know the marathon starts the 6th of January, but at what time?
would like to know because i want to be there from the beginning to the end and thus have to arrange my flightschedule.
We all scream for Eyes Cream
Ah I just thought of something. I don't mind advertising the marathon in my local area or even on my Youtube page. Was thinking about including clips of current runs on the site(Mainly little snippets) for games that will be done at the marathon. Just need to see which parts would be good.
Quote from Axel Ryman:
Ah I just thought of something. I don't mind advertising the marathon in my local area or even on my Youtube page. Was thinking about including clips of current runs on the site(Mainly little snippets) for games that will be done at the marathon. Just need to see which parts would be good.

That reminds me, are we making a new marathon promo video for this one?
Everybody's favorite monster
Quote from neskamikaze:
Quote from Axel Ryman:

Breakdown is working on that
Willing to teach you the impossible
Quote from Trekhaak:
Quote from neskamikaze:
Quote from Axel Ryman:

Breakdown is working on that

I want a copy, gunna go up in my FB, and both Youtube accounts