Sad
page  <- 1234567891011121314151617181920 -> <- 1 .. 10 .. 20 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Glitching EB 1 flying man at a time
I'm not sure if Thursday will work for me at this point. The job I'm in right now is temporary until like October or so. If I get a permanent opportunity out of it then I'm sure I can pull some strings to get off Thursday through maybe Monday. Otherwise, I don't know at this point what will be going on jobwise by the time I go to this thing in January. If no job by January (praying that's not the case for my own sake), then you know I'll be there early, obviously. If anything, I'll be there from Friday until Sunday late.
I want off the ride....
I can run with the thursday crew for set up and for running something. Though I dont think all will be there for SoTN. i am sure something can happen. He'll i'll even stall for time i suppose.
1-Up!
I can arrive as early as needed to help set things up and prepare for the greater part of the group to arrive late thursday / friday.
Visually Appealing
Time will not be an issue. I will be there from beginning to end, no matter what.
If I can come in the first place then I can definitely get there Thursday.

Breakdown, glad to hear that about Kid Icarus! I do hope the new game doesn't bomb, but the revival of the franchise will probably increase interest in the original regardless of the new game's quality or reception.

By the way, I mentioned this in parentheses in my last post but I'm interested in doing something Dr. Mario related, either a race or tourney deal or whatever.
gamelogs.org
afaik i'll be able to be there whenever to whenever.
You got a deletion wish?
Quote from arkarian:

Ditto for me.

What do we have in the cooking department?  Mike, I believe you said you'd be down for some ribs.

Practice run of Thexder Neo up, this is on Easy.  Normal will be around 8 mins. (game time, so 10 should be sufficient).  If and when I submit a run of this, should I make him do the Big Sexy while he blows up the reactor?
It's time for some HEErooooOOOOHi cs!
I've started working on some other runs to compliment the stuff from earlier, I'm thinking of working on Kirby 64: Crystal Shards on top of some other stuff.
Quote from arkarian:

same here. though if i'm staying at ark's it would have to be the same anyway lol.
gamelogs.org
Quote from MatrixTN:
What do we have in the cooking department?  Mike, I believe you said you'd be down for some ribs.

i'd be willing to make some stir fry if enough people like vegetables. can bring my huge pan.
#Casual
I can buy chips :/ (and veggies, sure)
Down for whatever schedule, but I could eat stir-fry for days on end. =D

...as long as it has beef or chicken.
Exoray
I can go for any day, should be able to arrive early.

I love cooking so count me in for making something. I'd have a hard time bringing any kitchen supplies though so counting on you others for that Smiley
gamelogs.org
Quote from Carcinogen:

is there any other kind?!?
新世紀進歩的羽扇子 音楽
Quote from Carcinogen:

IDEAL SOLUTION: cook three pans, one with all the veggies, one beef and one chicken.  Excellent for everyone!
Quote from cyghfer:

Breakdown, glad to hear that about Kid Icarus! I do hope the new game doesn't bomb, but the revival of the franchise will probably increase interest in the original regardless of the new game's quality or reception.

By the way, I mentioned this in parentheses in my last post but I'm interested in doing something Dr. Mario related, either a race or tourney deal or whatever.

If you get there, and Essentia there, and Darkwing Duck there, and if I'm lucky me there, then Dr. Mario could get interesting.
Highly Evolved
Quote from neskamikaze:
Quote from cyghfer:

If you get there, and Essentia there, and Darkwing Duck there, and if I'm lucky me there, then Dr. Mario could get interesting.

Well, we'd have to have a separate stream for all the vs. puzzle stuff going on.
train kept rollin
I was wondering, other then the video what was done to advertise the marathon last time?
Quote from spineshark:
Quote from Carcinogen:

IDEAL SOLUTION: cook three pans, one with all the veggies, one beef and one chicken.  Excellent for everyone!

I didn't say it all had to have meat.

Come on, I'm not completely insensitive.
gamelogs.org
spineshark yeah that's what i'd do if i end up making it. don't want to leave anyone out. Wink
Sea of Green
I can cook--or at least try to cook ;D--pretty much anything that people would want... but something like pasta is very easy. I could also make meatballs on the side and people could add them if they desired. (If you've only ever had meatballs in sauce and not crispy & fried, you're missing out on something insanely delicious.)

There's also the possibility of marinating and cooking up a ton of chicken to be served with my not-actually-world-famous celery seed egg noodles. Wink

If we're going to have five days, we'll likely have all these meals and more, so yeah. I can also cook a pretty mean breakfast. The REAL question is, what would everyone like to eat for my specialty, dessert?
is there already a set location?
My feelings on The Demon Rush
The Date: Okay, it sounds like a lot of people can make it on Thursday, so we can probably start then. Smiley However, I want to give a little time if anyone wants to voice complaints about starting Thursday, so I'll wait until Wednesday the 23rd. It seems unlikely anyone will voice complaints, but I have to give it some time.

Food: IIRC, I never said anything about really wanting ribs, MatrixTN. However, it's good we have so many people willing to cook. I can cook some good marinated chicken/turkey for the marathon. Anyone who has been to the last two MAGFests knows I'm good with marinades. Smiley

pootrain: We tried advertising to a lot of game sites such as 1up, theescapist, and nintendo world report. IIRC, only Nintendo World Report picked us up.

roysen: No, there isn't a set location because I want to work out the date before trying to find a location. It's not exactly effective to tell people we want a However, I will get a place in the Northern VA/DC/Maryland area, that much I can promise.
Weegee Time
Quote from mikwuyma:
pootrain: We tried advertising to a lot of game sites such as 1up, theescapist, and nintendo world report. IIRC, only Nintendo World Report picked us up.

Well, we should try to be a bit more proactive about it this year.  Especially go for word of mouth advertising.  I don't know if anyone would be up for making a flyer design or something, but that would be cool.  Also, we could write in a tip to our local newspapers around January.  You never know what they'll pick up and if they do, there's a few hundred/thousand people who learn about the marathon and its cause.
train kept rollin
Yeah so I think the best way to go as far as getting knowledge about the marathon out their is through podcasts.

A group of people are more likely to mention it on a podcast (even in passing is better then nothing) then to write up a news post and publish it. And since a podcast such as The Geekbox which is not tied to any particular website has nearly 10,000 regular downloads IIRC.  Podcasts on the likes of ign etc must be reaching way higher numbers.