page  <- 1234567891011121314151617181920 -> <- 1 .. 9 .. 20 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
DS Dictator
Quote:
Shadow Complex (Real time by skipping cutscenes) is around 20 minutes IF I perform all of the toughest tricks correctly.

I've been wondering, is that 14:14 you have on the leaderboards a fresh run or insurgent?

Either way why haven't you submitted anything?

It's a NG+ run (starting off at a high level with infinite ammo on secondary weapons and the Golden Shotgun)..
The recent leaderboard times has a guy who has a run of under 7 minutes, I'm sure it's 100% pure hex edited.
But the player in 2nd place has a time of 11 minutes. The player's gamertag seems legit but I can't think of any way to cut off over 3 minutes of the run :(.
The Running Failure
For the Castle Crashers run, do you guys already have what characters you are going to play as decided? (Mainly asking cause i know for sure mike will probably due the blue knight since he is qualified, but i'm guessing it might not matter too much if it's full strength build.)
Not a walrus
Quote from Shuda51:
For the Castle Crashers run, do you guys already have what characters you are going to play as decided? (Mainly asking cause i know for sure mike will probably due the blue knight since he is qualified, but i'm guessing it might not matter too much if it's full strength build.)

There's going to be an archer, and it's not going to be mike, but besides that we're not sure yet. We may or may not make the red knight a mage just for some variety, not sure if it's actually a good idea from a pure speed perspective.
Yoshi's eggs are at my mercy!
Quote from UraniumAnchor:
I'd be slightly concerned about how easy it would be to screw something up and have to redo part of a level just so you could get 100%. I know there's at least half a dozen coins and flowers that you only get one shot per life at, and being unable to use items to save a boss mistake might cause issues.

Of course, I'm also just basing this off what I remember trying for 100% when I actually owned the cart when it was brand new (damn 'friend' borrowed it and never gave it back), so maybe it's not as bad as I'm recalling.

I should really get around to uploading that 2-3 100% to show how much better I've gotten to ease everyone's concern. About missing individual flowers and getting hit resulting in "sub 30 stars" status -- dying intentionally for a checkpoint respawn is an option, but I hope it's one I don't have to resort to often.
Professional Second Banana
I had a great time watching the first marathon and would love to help out with next year's if there's anything I can do remotely (like be a chatop).
I just 25-minute'd GnG and 48-minute'd SGnG, back to back. They both had pretty solid play, so I'll go ahead and call my estimates
30 minutes for Ghosts 'N Goblins and
50 minutes for Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts.

GnG time is based on a lot of Bullshit Factors, so it could be anywhere from 23 to 33.
Talk to the Hand
I don't suppose I can suggest Final Fight 2 for the marathon?

Yes, Mike, I know, it's not that difficult. But it has a Same Character Code.

That means double the MIKE HAGGAR! Which, to me, makes it an obvious inclusion. Wink
Weegee Time
I wish I could contribute to this in some way, but both games I'm even remotely able to play quickly can be easily beaten by people already going.  I'd be happy to moderate the chat though if you'd like.

Also, I see it on the spreadsheet, but given the announcement at E3 I think Kid Icarus definitely needs to stay on the marathon block no matter what.  Nintendo is finally bringing Pit back and it'd be good to have on the schedule for the hype train that will likely surround its release.
Edit history:
arkarian: 2010-06-17 08:07:05 pm
gamelogs.org
might be a good idea to think about dedicating a relatively small block of time (maybe a few hours) to some of the games coming out this fall. seems like someone running at least one of those would bring in viewers.
Fucking Weeaboo
Yeah, there's some damn good games coming out this fall.

MOTHER FUCKING GOLDENEYE REMAKE.  OH HELL YEAH!!  Even if we don't do anything during the marathon, we must spend some post-time at least doing multiplayer.

And I could try to quickly learn Kirby's Epic Yarn and try to pull it off for the marathon, assuming it's early fall and not late.  And even if it is late fall, I could still try to pull it off.
sda loyalist
I think we could do with less of your hastily-learnt game runs, VG.
Fucking Weeaboo
I'm just offering.  No need to get offended, Lag.  Besides, I may have 3-4 months to get it down, you never know until we find out the actual release date.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Time slot: I would really like to aim for a Thursday to Monday schedule because it would let us fit in more games, including ones, like Breakdown said, aren't that popular, but aren't obscure either. Also, fitting in more games gives more chance for everyone to play something. So please tell me if you could actually make it Thursday (we need enough people to come on Thursday in order to make this schedule feasible).

BTW, I played Katamari Damacy last night, and I'm thinking it would be a really good choice for the marathon. I talked to Slowbro about it and he gave me some good references, so I'll see how practice goes. I'm not making any promises, but I'd definitely like to do this game.

Arkarian: That's a really good idea. I could leave about 4-6 spare hours for new games coming out this fall when scheduling.

Emptyeye: No, because it's an incredibly boring game. You will probably try to say that it has the same beat 'em up action as Final Fight, but...

...there are less enemies
-it's slower
-there is no strategy because almost every single enemy will just run into your jabs.
-it's way less popular than the original Final Fight

Greenalink: Not sure about SOR2, but I'd like to do it on Mania difficulty if possible. Cheesy

Sir VG: We'll have to see what games come out this Fall. A little more Kirby can't hurt though.

Lag: I think we could do less of your hastily-thought out criticism. It's not like 2-3 months is a lot of time to learn a game anyway.

Puwexil: If you can't make it, chances are you can be a chat-op.

Tri-Hex: UraniumAnchor's point is that 100% in YI is very very unforgiving, and even if you do practice a lot, it's very easy to screw up.
Everything's better with Magitek
I've been looking into a SS route for Chrono Trigger by basically following Inichi's segmented run but doing things a little more defensively.  Everything went fine except for the final battles - Inichi barely survives that part with his stats and equipment, so it requires too much luck for a SS.  I did, however, find a report on Ultima Garden for a SS 100% run that was just over 6 hours.  I haven't read through it yet (since it takes a lot of effort to read anything translated by Google), but this might be a possibility.

I would say go ahead and put Kingdom Hearts 2 on the list and me as a backup for it in case Axel Ryman can't make it, but I don't really want to end up running all the RPG's. Tongue  If someone else would be willing to do Chrono Trigger or one of the Final Fantasies, then I could be a backup for KH2.
Highly Evolved
With Thursday to Monday, if I can make it, will Startropics be back on?
Talk to the Hand
I may be able to make Thursday, but probably not until late afternoon (3-4PM), and Silver and I would want to settle in and such before I get right to the speedrunning. Friday to Monday would really work a lot better for me (Although I understand the appeal of Thursday to Monday, definitely, and go for it if you get enough people to make it work.).

On Final Fight 2: Understood. I guess even a double dose of the good Mayor couldn't make the game entertaining enough. Oh well.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Oh yeah, one thing I forgot to mention is that if we start on Thursday, I wouldn't want to start until 6 or 7 pm because most people won't be out of work until then.

Darkwing Duck: Big maybe, big big maybe.
Fucking Weeaboo
I'm all for starting on Thursday evening.  I'm not sure exactly what time I'd be in the house, since I'd have to fly in.  Looking at flights presently, it would take about 5-6 hours, barring travel difficulties, plus the time to get from the airport to wherever we're doing the show.  I could try to sleep on the flight, though that will be fun. ^^;;

BTW, where are we going to be doing this?
sda loyalist
Quote from mikwuyma:
It's not like 2-3 months is a lot of time to learn a game anyway.

that's exactly what I meant
Fucking Weeaboo
It's a Kirby game.  Not like it takes that much to learn, Lag.  I learned Onechanbara in about a month.  OH NOES THAT WAS TOO SOON!

Plus lag, you're reading Mike's sentence wrong.  Yes, it's probably not the best worded one, but he means that it's possible to learn the game in 2-3 months and have it ready for the marathon.  It's really gonna come down to when exactly the game comes out.  If it's like September or October, then yes I can probably have it ready to go.  If it's November/December, eh, maybe not.

Here's a paper bag.  If you feel like you're hyperventilating again, please breathe into that before you post next time.  KTHXBYE.

The charity should be a really small one with good goals and organization. That way the money raised will make a big difference for them.
sda loyalist
VG: Given your past record on this site, you should probably spend a lot more time researching and practising your runs. Most of them are awful and it's amazing they make it past any verifiers. Instead of promising you'll do 7 runs or whatever at the marathon, try making one of them good.
Haters gonna hate
Lag:  Seriously, totally uncalled for.  There were a bunch of people who picked up games a couple months before the marathon without every putting serious time into them previously, and they turned out just fine.  I don't see why this year should be any different in that regard, and some very new games would likely help us build the hype machine.

cygher:  Kid Icarus is so in now as far as I'm concerned.  Thank Nintendo.

DW:  I'm with Mike on this one, Startropics is a big maybe.  I've personally got a soft spot for the game, but thinking realistically it's not very popular and pretty long.  It might sneak in, but it'd be just that, sneaking in.
Fucking Weeaboo
Lag, I don't know what your personal vendetta is with me.  Are some of my runs not optimal?  Yes.  But so are a lot of other runs on here.  Virtually every run on this site is beatable.  Why?  Because we're human.  Some of them may be beatable by large margins then others.  The one I'll definitely own up to being the worse is my Rockman 7 100% run.  But if nobody chooses to beat it, then that's their own choice.  If you think my runs are that bad, then BEAT THEM.

And even during the marathon, mistakes will happen, even by seasoned runners.  So even if I had a year to prepare Kirby's Epic Yarn, there could be some major mistake that happens live.  Shit happens.  I mean, how many times has Mike run MMX3 and STILL almost forgot to do Vile in the live attempt?

It's funny that you seem and act like you know so much about speed running, yet you've got to my knowledge zero runs up.  Watching a run/playing a game casually is much MUCH different then doing actual running.  Get some runs up on the site, and I may have a little more respect for you in regards to speed running skills.

I'm sorry you're so disappointed in my and my runs, but oh well.  If I guess I can't expect you or anybody else to have a good opinion of me and my runs.  I do them for me first, you second.
We all scream for Eyes Cream
Alright guys enough. If you guys wanna duke it out fine but do it somewhere else.