--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Enhasa: 2008-08-31 11:46:06 am
everybody wanna tell you the meaning of music
Sorry, I didn't check this thread for a long time. :-[

I apologize for being an idiot, I said I don't remember this game very well. Star pieces ought to be shine sprites for the 100% like people are saying. This will be even better since it would match up with the badges and super blocks from the N64 game. Star pieces are not explicitly needed since you use them to buy badges, duh. Sorry this is a "late" change but nobody has really done anything yet I think.

All badges, shine sprites.

Quote from LordLocke:
Is there a good reason for NOT making Shine Sprites part of the 100%, other then you just don't want to?

What I want has nothing to do with it. I don't care either way, I just want to be consistent. I didn't realize that shine sprites was more consistent. Honestly, if whoever that first person was didn't suggest that they had to be used (instead of just collected, although of course, you'd want to use them), I wouldn't have been confused in the first place. Also if stuff was more obviously named like "equipment," "money," etc. But anyway I blew it.
I am not a NERD or a GEEK I am a N33K
Why not just have seperate 100% catagories i will make one using yours (Enhasa). But the other people will have to make there own if they plan on doing the other catagories. Will this work if not just forget about it.
Time well wasted.
Just for effect:

All badges, all shine sprites, all star pieces.

Some badges demand star pieces, so the runner will have to pick up star pieces inevitably.  Also, going back to OoT.  Gold Skulltulas anyone?  100 skulltulas, 100 star pieces.

I have one thing to ask as well.  If you collect a one-of-a-kind badge (eg. the badge at end of the 100 trials), and then sell it, is it still recorded in the journal?

Anyways, I hope you good luck with the 100%.  The any% is 7:11, so I project your run to be around 15:xx.
SmashKing, everyone has to stick to the same one, sorry. "Mine" is SDA's which is all badges and shine sprites. Don't need to mention star pieces.

Remember, I have no preference, I go with a combination of what makes the most sense and what people want (almost always the same).
alright but could we disscuss runs that would not be on this site just for fun
Uh of course you can. There's a frickin World of Warcraft thread on the PC board. Lips Sealed
Time well wasted.
Lol.

Fastest run through Black Temple anyone?

sry for off-topic.

SmashKing, you go have fun with your run, can't wait to watch.
hopefully i can find a way to record if not someone else will have to do the run
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
The one part I found completely boring about the current Speed Run for this game, was the constant use of the Fright Jars.

That, and the constant jumping, which wasn't saving any time what so ever, aside from in the background.
I don't see how abusing Fright Masks is any different than abusing Bow's Spook attack in the N64 game, and you seemed to like that speedrun.
How many badges and shine sprites are there? I have to edit my route now. Should we get all the Star pieces so we can buy the badges from dazzle?
this should help us/me
Do we need the multiples of badges?
No, we don't
k thanks
hey hey hey!!
is anyone still working on this run?
Well I think that it would be fun but this is a beast of a run and I don't want to put all that work into it and have SDA not accept it due to how long it is

P.S. Does anyone know how long the run could be
I believe that rule was revised recently. As long as the game is proper speed running material and entertaining, run time is not a limiting factor.
Awesome!!
You still planning this Smash King
My name is unpronounceable
Quote from Mystery:
I believe that rule was revised recently. As long as the game is proper speed running material and entertaining, run time is not a limiting factor.

That is true.  There is a Skies of Arcadia Legends run submitted, and I think it's in verification right now.  If memory serves, it was more than 12 hours long, so no worries about it being too long (unless it's a bad run)
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I'm glad they removed that Time Limit rule.  Because it opens up so many games, now.  Including more 100% runs. :3

I'm also happy to see the original Paper Mario's 100% run is either in it's test phase, or being performed already.

Last I heard he was on the Shyguy Toybox Chapter.

Anyway.  I am looking forward to not only that run, but this one as well. :3
This run will be awesome I am thinking about doing it but I am not that good at planning because I dont remember much of this game
Some points to remember
-Danger Mario
-Lumpy
-Star Pieces (you don't need them all for all badges)
-Pianta Parlor Prizes (badges i.e. Money Money)
So a good Estimate of this run would be about 10 to 11 hours at best
Best Ike In My City!
Post in my new thread that I made a while ago for this run. I'm SmashKing.
1-Up!
Why did you bother saying to post in your other thread (dead since August) and then bump that thread up saying to look here??
Psuedo infinite loop, LOLWUT.