1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

P.O.W. Prisoners of War (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
A/V: Perfectly fine for NES.
Cheating: Nope.

Oh boy, so where do I begin? Well, the game itself is a cheap knockoff of real games (aka Double Dragon 1 & 2) and it shows with the clunky controls and lackluster gameplay. Honestly I almost feel asleep playing this game, and the run doesn't make it that much more interesting. So the good news is he beats the game.............that's about it. Considering the length of the game itself, it would've been nice to see the runner really strive for some level of optimization. Every fight is loaded with hesitation mistakes and whiffed attacks. I get that the game is random, but that's no excuse. Sure, he knows where the enemies spawn, but takes way too long to finish the fights. The boss fights are also played way too safe, with a heavy emphasis on trying not to get hit. I say trying because he still manages to get killed by one of the bosses and takes a ton of damage against the others.

I'm normally more lenient with first runs for games, especially ones that don't really have much competition, but this one needs more work. New runners really need to start using the forums more so we can avoid things like this.

Oh wait, this is Murph's run right? Crap............thought I was verifying one of my own runs.

Accepted.

Quote:
A/V: As good as the NES will get
Cheating: None whatsoever

Run looks really good, makes the game look pretty much effortless all the way through.  Expert manipulation of AI, excellent shot placement with the gun, speedy boss fights, and amazing manipulation of enemy HP.  Had it not been for that single bad knife toss at the end and subsequent loss of life due to it, I would have considered the run flawless.  Nevertheless, this run is amazing and definitely deserves a look.

Accepted

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Sean 'MURPHAGATOR!' Murphy!
Thread title:  
Terraffirmative!
whelp, another one done