List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Ophidian Wars: Opac’s Journey (Any %) (Single Segment) [Deaths]

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Audio and video seem great, and I see no evidence of cheating.  The runner's plan seems sound, and the execution is good with several small mistakes that don't add up to much.  Skipping the dash ability does bypass a fairly large chunk of the game, so I would guess the runner is right that doing so saves time even if he has to collect extra roots because of it.  The runner's route includes several difficult maneuvers, most of which went well, which may go unnoticed by many viewers but are challenging moves nonetheless.  Real time seems to be 11:00 or very close; the in-game timer says 10:51 (well actually 10:51.1179689, heh ... I think 10:51 is good enough).

I say accept.

Quote:
I saw this run a long time ago. I picked up the game because the verifies were needed a long time ago. I will give this an accept. I do remember the runner gliding a bit too early on some jumps but besides that it was a great run. Again to the new runners, post progress and not just your completed project. It helps you as a runner and keeps the community informed on your side of things too. Others can also help with strats and such and could have got this verified a long time ago. Still a great addition to sda.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Jess 'JTB' Blouch!
Thread title:  
I'm glad to see two games from the Xbox 360 Indie channel get verified lately Smiley

I wonder how often skipping the ability to dash is a viable speedrunning strategy.

Congratulations JTB!
Thanks, guys! 

Keep on representing the indies, slowbro--I think it was your recommendation that got me to pick up OWOJ in the first place.