Smiley
Sad
<- 1  -   of 28 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
You don't actually need that key. If you go left where you started to KT, you can hop right into the racing area.  Then you can just run back to the paper and race him.  Probably faster because w/o bomb I think you would have to KT back up out of that key room.  Also, there is a vine lily at the top of that room that could be useful combined with the lightning platforms.  It may only take 1 or 2 KTs.
Edit history:
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-04 08:44:19 am
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-04 08:43:56 am
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-03 11:57:29 pm
Quote from kwanzai:
You don't actually need that key. If you go left where you started to KT, you can hop right into the racing area.  Then you can just run back to the paper and race him.  Probably faster because w/o bomb I think you would have to KT back up out of that key room.  Also, there is a vine lily at the top of that room that could be useful combined with the lightning platforms.  It may only take 1 or 2 KTs.

Nice, i didn't think about that method.

Well, it's a lot faster.

EDIT: Ok, i was testing a new route but i have a problem with the dogs. Any ideas how to avoid that? Maybe it's an old trick that i don't know about

Stuck in the cave --> http://fr.twitch.tv/pillsofdeath/c/1896111 (Don't have cherry Bombs Power)
Edit history:
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-06 07:08:31 am
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-06 07:02:33 am
I think the sunless route is pretty solid.

Kwanzai and i have made an attempt and we both finished our run in 1h48mxx. (and the start of my run was very very bad)

With a smoother run, i think we can sub 1h46/1h45.
Wow, this thread blew up since AGDQ.

I think I'm going to start finally getting some runs in soon. I've had so many other obligations. Look forward to finally giving this game the time it deserves.
Edit history:
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-07 02:01:16 pm
Well, new PB on my run.

Still remains some mistakes but this one was pretty good

http://www.twitch.tv/pillsofdeath/c/1905837 --> In 1h46m24sec (Previous run was 1h48min32sec)
Ok, that was a crappy run but i've managed to save 8 seconds somehow...

http://www.twitch.tv/pillsofdeath/b/367021249 --> 1h44m22s
It's a new record!!

http://fr.twitch.tv/pillsofdeath/b/368656511 --> 1h43m32s
So today I was looking for NG skips and found Wawku Shrine Early Smiley I haven't gone through the dungeon but I'm pretty sure everything should work, which means that Kamui is a hell of a lot shorter for NG. We get to skip the dog races, all of yoshpet, going back into the past and fighting orochi,etc. This skip also isn't too hard as I've replicated it about 5 times without too much trouble.

That's an old trick, it was found by either groobo or BlueGlass a couple years ago (don't remember who).
Ah lol, wish there was proper documentation for okami so we'd know what was found.
Yep yep yep!
It was actually tuomii who found that.  It's back on page 10-11 of the topic if anyone wants to check.

And yeah, this game needs more documentation than this forum topic.  Maybe we could set up a page on the SDA KB?  I'd contribute what I can if someone did.
Found another skip in Kamui for NG, but this one is pretty small. Basically this just skips opening the wooden gate to getting to ezofuji. If optimized it should be faster.
Yep yep yep!
Not that small, considering all the running around and talking to people you normally have to do in Wep'keer.  Very nice find.
Me and Cerpin(Zlamp) are working on skipping most of Sei'An city for NG and we have managed to get full speed running in the Queen's Palace infront of the lava and almost get over to the other side(but hit the middle ceiling). It's not easy lol, but making it across should be possible since I remember someone posted a video of getting full speed from the other side and making it across. Does anyone know if the fire tablet is required for oni island, or if there are ways to skip those parts? We are also trying to get into the queen's palace without the brush technique but we'll see how that goes.
The fire tablet is definitely required for Oni Island. You're gonna need to figure out a way past that too before you can skip it for NG.
Yep yep yep!
Yeah, fire tablet skip is a no-go.  Even at full speed, you'll fall a bit short of crossing the lava to-from Himiko (I remember testing), and as Parax pointed out, that first room of Oni Island is filled with lava too.

If you're looking for more NG skips, I'd suggest trying to find a way to N. Ryoshima early.  I wonder, is it possible to "stand" on top of a demon gate?  If so, the extra height from that could be useful somehow.
Edit history:
Cerpin: 2013-02-23 09:07:42 pm
Suss
Hey, just thought I'd post that I got across the gap for fire tablet skip.

Just got Oni Island to mess with now.

Here's a jump extension technique I found that might be helpful in skipping catwalk:
Edit history:
Paraxade: 2013-02-23 09:28:35 pm
Oh, but one other thing you guys should know - don't bother trying to skip Mist, it's definitely impossible in NG. Even if you get past everything else, the golden cannon in Wawku Shrine can't be destroyed without Mist, and you can't get past it - the trigger to go to the boss literally does not exist until you destroy the cannon. The only way to skip it is to break into AoY early, and I have a hard time seeing that happen in NG.

So unfortunately NG's gonna have to get to and go through at least half of Imperial Palace no matter what.

Quote:
I wonder, is it possible to "stand" on top of a demon gate?

I think I remember a super old post by groobo where he said there was like a one pixel space on the seam of the roof where you can stand.
Yep yep yep!
Nice job proving me wrong, Cerpin.
Edit history:
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-24 02:59:02 am
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-24 01:44:59 am
Wow, some nice tricks you've founded for a NG game.

That would be great if we can regroup all the tricks somewhere and make a route.

Anyway, still working on an NG+ run and i've made a new time

We are still looking for stuff, so when we get exhausted I'll probably write up a route/a doc with all the NG tricks at least. We were looking for a way to get headless Ammy, and analyzed and tried to copy exactly what people did in their videos but got no results. Had multiple different theories for what it is, and all of them seem to be wrong, or the trick is just frame perfect and we kept missing it.

I found out that if we could clip on Moon Cave that there are some small pieces of land in out of bounds, right beside the barrier and jump inside the loading zone. The invisible walls are HUGE so clipping really is the only chance we have for NG.

For skipping the lava section on Oni Island I think it may be possible to get on the dragons fins(or whatever they are) and then get a ground jump off of them. I think it's 1 pixel but I did see green leaves once when I was trying it. The invisible walls aren't too high along the dragon so I think this may be the way to skip fire tablet. Once OoB you would just go around the island like in NG+.
That's a pretty amazing time Pills, must have been a near flawless run.
Quote from kwanzai:
That's a pretty amazing time Pills, must have been a near flawless run.

I saw you've made a new PB. That's awsome.
Edit history:
PillsOfDeath: 2013-05-02 04:41:12 am
I'm really close to sub 1:36

There is the new WR run for now: http://www.twitch.tv/pillsofdeath/c/2230611

Final Time is 1:36:16
I've been messing around with some of the NG skips, but I ran into one that I can't replicate.

http://www.twitch.tv/kwanzai/b/337906380?t=57m20s

I did this on accident during casual play, but can't seem to replicate it.  I was just wondering if anyone else has gotten it to work.

Also, there is a fight in moon cave, before rolling the fire ball, that is supposedly skippable, if anyone has any advice on that.