--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-01 05:26:32 pm
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-01 02:17:24 pm
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-01 02:17:15 pm
I've tried to clip the ceiling in the spinner area (that's the area with the bridge you must move with the wind right?) but the ceiling is solid.

I will try and give you a feedback about the red gate and the labyrinth on Oni Island.

About the Oni final area, i don't even remeber the normal path to take to get the key :p

EDIT: Well, one thing is sure, there is nothing solid up there ^^ --> http://fr.twitch.tv/pillsofdeath/c/1887552
So yea, groobo, that works.  I wish I counted the KTs, but it took a ridiculous amount.  GS is not only very far away, but really, really high up as well.

http://www.twitch.tv/kwanzai/b/363099624

I was probably about 3/4 of the way there before I started recording. 
Getting out of the gs entrance room is kinda tricky.  There are invisible walls creating a sort of cube in the oob area around the room, but you can slip out near the zone to Susa.  I'll do some more testing tonight hopefully.

btw, great runs pills and thanks for recording.  Do you think that the language difference loses any time? (It may actually gain time for all I know and seconds if anything)
Edit history:
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-02 01:19:29 am
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-02 12:36:59 am
Wow that's awsome Kwanzai.

Wich way did you go from the Red Gate? I think i took the wrong path...

I don't know about the language, but i'll put my game in English.

EDIT: Nevermind, i find the good path. Thank's again kwanzai
Edit history:
kwanzai: 2013-02-02 01:54:25 am
Sadly, considering what this skips, it may not even save time.  If I am correct this skips, digging game, finding the first 3 dogs, going back to kamiki for that dog, and I guess all of GS.  But, it might actually take over 100 KTs to get there :(.  Going to mess around and see if any of this OOB land is solid, so far none of it is.
Edit history:
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-02 01:56:32 am
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-02 01:55:49 am
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-02 01:55:35 am
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-02 01:55:19 am
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-02 01:55:07 am
This is the whole trick --> http://fr.twitch.tv/pillsofdeath/c/1888566

With perfect KT, you can do it in 10min more or less.

My fingers are bleeding ^^
Edit history:
kwanzai: 2013-02-02 02:11:30 am
Wow, it really is only 10 min, I must have gone the long way or something, but it felt like much longer.  Well then, maybe this will save time, although it may cause insanity.

Hmm, I wonder if there is a way to just fall onto it like the Sasa Early skip.
Edit history:
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-02 03:36:21 am
So, we can skip all the dogs. That's pretty cool.

Is there a way to leave Sasa early when you obtain the Waterspout Power? Or your really need to go fight the dog to obtain the fast travel?

I think we can obtain the Vine Power the first time we visit Agata right?
idk of a way to get out of Sasa yet.
Yea you can get vine on the first trip to Agata, getting that KT w/o double jumps will be annoying but worth it.
Edit history:
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-02 04:06:58 am
Ok, i will try to find a way out of Sasa.

I don't know if you know that but you can leave Kamiki early.

You don't need to talk to stone people and get the Sun Power. I've tried it, and when you'r in Hana Valley, you can still draw the sun on the wall and in the sky to reborn the tree w/o the power.

You can save like 2min
Wait, so you don't need to go up to that platform and acquire sun power at all, since Ammy just already has it?  I didn't know that, this is looking more and more lucrative!
Nop, you can skip all that.

The fun is, when you will draw the sun on the wall or in the sky to reborn the tree, there will be no animation of the sun but it still work for some reasons.
Edit history:
kwanzai: 2013-02-02 06:22:34 am
Hmm, so you can set off triggers, but you can't actually change it to daytime.  I wonder if you will be able to summon Orca since it's in the morning, not when the sun is drawn.

EDIT: Unless the game just gives it to you at some point, because it assumes you did it which is possible.
Edit history:
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-02 06:38:14 am
Oh right, i forgot about Orca... and i think you can't reach the dragon palace w/o him/her
Edit history:
kwanzai: 2013-02-02 07:28:51 am
Rejuvenation doesn't seem to work either... that's strange, can't make the bridge in Tsuta (not that it matters).

You can KT over the left side of the Sasa gate to get out (takes 4 or 5 I think).

Wow, so summoning orca still works, awesome =D.
Edit history:
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-02 07:40:35 am
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-02 07:38:15 am
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-02 07:36:46 am
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-02 07:35:40 am
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-02 07:31:29 am
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-02 07:30:27 am
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-02 07:29:50 am
Wow, that's weird for Rejuvenation.

Can you still bloom these curses area on the ground? (like the one's you need to bloom to get the Vine power)

That's nice for Sasa, good find!

That's even nicer for Orca, awsooooome!

Now, we still need to find a way on Oni Island...I'm pissed off than i can't help you because i'm at work Cry
Yea you can still rejuv the cursed ground, just not bridges for some reason, very strange.

Now I'm wondering the fastest way to get crescent, since I believe you have to feed 4 dogs like we normally do to trigger the state change in Agata and Kamiki.
Or... we could just wait around for night =(.
It may also be possible to have a route so convenient that it is already nighttime when we get to nrc, wouldn't that be nice.
Edit history:
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-02 08:30:30 am
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-02 08:14:47 am
Maybe the dogs will be in fuse's house? Since we finished the GS maybe they are related to a script or something?
Edit history:
Paraxade: 2013-02-02 10:53:13 am
Heh, interesting, I really didn't think skipping the dogs was going to be feasible outside a TAS. Nicely done.

I do wonder whether it's faster though, as you miss out on Crescent this way, which means later in the game at Watcher's Cape you're gonna have to sit around waiting. Plus you have to do most of Sasa anyway for Waterspout. Skipping Hayabusa would be the biggest timesaver, but that only takes up like five minutes, right?

That's cool about skipping Sunrise, for some reason I never thought of trying that. I gotta get back on this game soon, haha. Hopefully after I finish my Sonic 06 run.

edit: Just a thought. If you skip Cherry Bomb, then that means when you get to Watcher's Cape you can warp to Shinshu Field real quick and use the monster list shrine to change to night instantly.
Edit history:
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-02 01:04:23 pm
So, i've tried the new route.

With the normal route (if i take Cherry Bomb Power, find all the dogs and make it through GS) my time when i get out GS was 59min

With this new route (without the Cherry Bomb and the KT through GS) my time when i get out GS was 1h07min (with a lot of mistakes though)

8 minutes between each routes. Have i losted 8 minutes because of mistakes? I don't know but i can tell that the KT's through GS is a killer (and i know i've losted many times in this area)

I'll take a break for now and i'll try it again later.

Quote from Paraxade:
If you skip Cherry Bomb, then that means when you get to Watcher's Cape you can warp to Shinshu Field real quick and use the monster list shrine to change to night instantly.

Ah, interesting, this could be a great option I didn't even consider.

Unless you played flawlessly, I still have doubts that skipping cherry bomb would be worth it.  Just having to run all the way around the Taka hill twice loses a good chunk of time.  Plus there are the extra KTs, slightly slower digging game, and still not knowing how to get past the labyrinth (I tried for a bit but gave up).  Anyways, no point in me guessing when we can just time it, heh.
Edit history:
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-03 02:51:03 am
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-03 02:50:50 am
I think you'r right, it's not worth it at all.

KT's in GS is a pain!!!! I can't take it anymore!!!

EDIT: New way to enter/exit Sasabe we have founded with Kwanzai --> http://fr.twitch.tv/pillsofdeath/b/363559800
Edit history:
kwanzai: 2013-02-03 04:31:58 am
Alright, found a way to get past the labyrinth.  Not only is it bombless, but it saves about 2m =)
I'll try to make a video soon, but if you go backwards after getting lightning, you can get oob and drop straight into the zone past the 5 eyes.
Edit history:
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-03 06:09:20 am
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-03 06:06:08 am
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-03 06:05:36 am
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-03 06:05:04 am
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-03 06:01:48 am
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-03 06:00:45 am
Quote from kwanzai:
Alright, found a way to get past the labyrinth.  Not only is it bombless, but it saves about 2m =)
I'll try to make a video soon, but if you go backwards after getting lightning, you can get oob and drop straight into the zone past the 5 eyes.

Wow, amazing!!!  Can't wait for the video

I think we will sub 1H45 with all these new discoveries and with a solid run!!

The problem with the Bombless run is the GS skip. This method takes to much time and it's pretty hard.

Anyway, even with the bomb run, we can save about 2min because of you Smiley

I've tried a method with the sunless run, right after you go out GS, you can change day by night and go directly to Ryoshima North.

You have to wait just a couple of seconds before the sunrise to get Orca. I'm still working on that.
Edit history:
kwanzai: 2013-02-03 08:16:39 am
I messed up but you get the idea.  It's very easy, just 2-3 KT.  The ceiling clip was conveniently placed right next to where we need to go.

So I'm thinking a sunless, bombless, dogless, moonless route would look something like this:

leave kamiki right away, go get bloom
after blooming shinshu, get mermaid spring then KT up to agata
bloom agata from oob, enter tsuta to get vine (need new faster way to skip waka?)
taka early, KT up taka wall, run around to waka, run back around to bloom, get spring
get into sasa, get waterspout, leave sasa by KTing over the wall
cross city checkpoint, KT up wall to tree, get water up, bloom ryoshima, get double jump (buy coins either here or in ncr)
go to nrc, activate orca, activate mermaid spring, port to taka
KT 1 million times to get galestorm
if it is night, port to nrc,
else port to shinshu, activate night using the bounty guy, then port to nrc (need to time waiting vs doing this, but from what I can tell it will never be night at this point)
go to orca, ride her to near the whirlpoool, orca KT up, activate water palace, jump back down to where you left orca, continue the normal route

I'll probably try a run tomorrow to see if it is even faster =/
Edit history:
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-03 02:10:57 pm
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-03 10:22:29 am
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-03 10:20:30 am
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-03 09:20:29 am
PillsOfDeath: 2013-02-03 09:19:54 am
Nice video, thank you Smiley

The route seems good.

"KT 1 million times to get galestorm" --> Oh God... my fingers Sad

EDIT: I've made a video for the key on Oni Island