<- 1  -   of 28 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
boss
Wow, someone cares after all. Well, thanks.  Wink

And btw, I've been on a recording spree today. Segment 11 done, table updated.
one-armed bandit
I'll be getting the game tomorrow as it's the release date in finland. and I'll sure be watching your speedrun when it gets released.
sda loyalist
I'm really interested in this, but I can't seem to find the aforementioned video links. Wheeeeeeereeeee!??!
boss
Quote:
I'm really interested in this, but I can't seem to find the aforementioned video links. Wheeeeeeereeeee!??!

I had those 3 segments recorded a while back... But then I've discovered a simple glitch that lets you jump in infinity.  Tongue ~redoing

Trihex is too lazy to check the thread probably.

edit: Good news, I guess... The following thing happened this morning:

Something's wrong with my back, I can't even lean down. Three weeks w/o training are more than enough to rush through the run.

I've encoded some LQ videos. You can find links to segments 1-4 in the table on page 8.

edit2: Segments 12 and 13 done. (I had to split the water dragon and evil rao bit into two segments) Table updated.

PS. Why the fuck is everybody downloading the most boring part?

edit3: Segment 14 done, table updated.

I've also discovered a way to glitch through ceilings which forces me to split Oni Island into two separate segments. (and also brings the estimated time down to ~3:20)

edit4: Finished segment 15 and discovered another sequence break so I have to split the rest of Oni Island into two segments.
Food goes in here
Holy crap it looks like you're making some excellent progress on this game.:O I rented it when it came out and I became completely obsessed with it, took me like 40 hrs first time through, bad I know heh. I'm trying to remember this game...

Anyway I've only watched segments 1 and 2 so far, and they look really good, except for that horrible desynch when you got to Shinshu field.:P

That early forest trick kicked ass! I wish I'd known about that before.

btw, what category would this run fall under?
Edit history:
groobo: 2007-02-04 08:13:44 pm
boss
Quote:
Holy crap it looks like you're making some excellent progress on this game.:O I rented it when it came out and I became completely obsessed with it, took me like 40 hrs first time through, bad I know heh. I'm trying to remember this game...

Anyway I've only watched segments 1 and 2 so far, and they look really good, except for that horrible desynch when you got to Shinshu field.:P

That early forest trick kicked ass! I wish I'd known about that before.

btw, what category would this run fall under?

Yeah, my okami was used a little too much and now the video at shinshu is destroyed like that. This is the only location where this occurs so don't worry about it too much. As for the "OMG, HOW!?" parts, wait until you see my fight with Blight or those crazy glitches on Oni Island.

This run will fall under the godly, new game+ any% category.
secret of mana master.
one of my favorite games, can't wait to see this run.
boss
ZOMG I DID IT!!! I've glitched into Wawku Shrine. :d ~20 minutes saved! sub 3h anyone?

edit: Segments 16 and 17 done, table updated.

edit2: Segment 18 finished. Almost done...
Food goes in here
Quote:
ZOMG I DID IT!!! I've glitched into Wawku Shrine. :d ~20 minutes saved! sub 3h anyone?

edit: Segments 16 and 17 done, table updated.

edit2: Segment 18 finished. Almost done...

That's good to hear man, keep going.;)
Edit history:
slowbro: 2007-02-06 01:25:37 pm
Sub-3 hours Wink  Wow, you've sure found a lot of ways to save time.

I am currently downloading all 4 FileFront segments; I bet I will enjoy watching them.

edit: Heh, the way you play makes my gameplay look quite sluggish and sloppy.

I'm not talking about the big sequence breaks and such, I mean teeny little things like how you get across the water so quickly right outside the Cave of Nagi.  Every little thing looks perfected.  I'm sure the big things will be impressive too.

I think that the first two Imp battles would go a split second faster if you just bashed the enemies normally rather than use an item?  Maybe using the exorcism slips is safer.  In any case it's sure not a big deal timewise.

edit: Nice.

To me the most impressive (and dangerous-looking) part is the big wall-jumps while carrying the key up to the locked door in Tsuta Ruins.  Next-most impressive is that you know just where to be and where to start running after each battle.  And of course I hadn't imagined those major skips (now I know what the karmic transformer glitch is Tongue )  Jumping down from the five poison-spewing pots can be done safely enough (reaching land) without an in-air dash, but that's totally nitpicking; the number of things you have discovered is astounding.

edit: I don't think glitching through ceilings in Oni Island will constitute "going outside the normal bounds of the game" but you might want to check with someone that knows SDA's rules well.  Oh yeah, come to think of it I bet you qualify as "someone that knows SDA's rules well."
boss
Quote:
I think that the first two Imp battles would go a split second faster if you just bashed the enemies normally rather than use an item?  Maybe using the exorcism slips is safer.  In any case it's sure not a big deal timewise.

The spawn points of both fights are random, sometimes the spawn is so nice that you can just swing your sword once and kill 'em all. So using a slip is safer.

Quote:
edit: I don't think glitching through ceilings in Oni Island will constitute "going outside the normal bounds of the game" but you might want to check with someone that knows SDA's rules well.  Oh yeah, come to think of it I bet you qualify as "someone that knows SDA's rules well."

I've made sure that I won't go out of bounds. There's just one point where there's no ceiling and you can glitch to the upper floor which is right above you. My biggest fear was that I'll abuse the 'out of bounds rule' while glitching through the WS entrance, but eventually found a slower but proper way.

I'm really glad that someone liked it.  Wink

edit: Segments 19 and 20 done! I have to get Blizz... Performing the KT glitch 7 times in a row (!) is just too much for me... The next segment is the hardest one in the entire run...
What exactly happens with the last boss when you skip all of these abilities? Do you still get them from the boss?
Edit history:
groobo: 2007-02-07 11:40:18 pm
boss
Quote:
What exactly happens with the last boss when you skip all of these abilities? Do you still get them from the boss?

Yes.

Oh, and btw:

DONE! Final time: 2:50:42.
Edit history:
spineshark: 2007-02-07 11:59:14 pm
新世紀進歩的羽扇子 音楽
Congratulations.

I...haven't actually finished this game yet. Sad  Sounds like an insane time though.
Edit history:
groobo: 2007-02-08 07:21:05 am
boss
Thanks. I've already found some new tricks so I'm getting ready for a second run.  Wink
Existence as you know it is over
That's after you submit this one, right?  Smiley
boss
Quote:
That's after you submit this one, right?  Smiley

Word.
give me your eyes!!!
Awesome! Although you did waste a few seconds of my life there while I waited for pictures to appear...

Can't wait to see it!
Food goes in here
Yes! Way to go man.:) Very nice time.
boss
Quote:
... Although you did waste a few seconds of my life there while I waited for pictures to appear...

I didn't actually get that one.  Tongue Whatever. I'm writing the commentary right now.
give me your eyes!!!
You left a huge space and I sat there waiting for something to load up... nevermind!
Quote:
You left a huge space and I sat there waiting for something to load up... nevermind!

I sat there waiting, too :/

Great time! I can't wait to see the run!
boss
Bad news: my PC caught on fire a couple of days ago. I've sent Mike my submission but I've encoded only the HQ version. Dunno when I'll be getting a new PC, it may take a while...

edit: The only thing standing between me and a time below two hours is the golden canon at Wawku Shrine. Anyone has an idea how to destroy it w/o mist?? (slowdown) I've checked the whole mountain and it's solid everywhere so I can't glitch straight to the next room.
Edit history:
slowbro: 2007-02-15 05:32:30 am
congrats!

edit: wow, that's just one little thing blocking you from a much faster time.  I know I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to get past the thing before I figured out mist could help. (yes I got past the earlier cannons without mist because I was an idiot)  So I spent a lot of time at that cannon, and I can't think of any way.  Oh yeah, gotta adjust my thinking, I know as a fact YOU could get through the next room after the cannon without using the ice ball, so there's sure no need to get it into the room too ...

I've still got no ideas, sorry.
Edit history:
groobo: 2007-02-17 05:03:04 pm
boss
Actually I've already figured out how to get pass the canon.  Tongue I've also made my way through the iglo-like enemy which required a fire based technique to kill it and since I'm skipping the whole Sei'an incident and glitch straight to NRC, I'll be short on some techniques.

So here's the plan for sub 2h: (the route may change, I have around 10 new sequence breaks on my mind)

Segment 1:
Get rejuvection, cut and sun. Save straight after getting sun w/o doing anything else.

Segment 2:
SF early, complete Hana and un-mist SF.

Segment 3:
Get bomb, activate SF spring, AF early, un-mist AF, activate AF spring, TP early, un-mist TP, activate TP spring, save in front of Sasa.

Segment 4:
Watersprout early, get to CC.

Segment 5:
RC early.

Segment 6:
Un-mist RC, get DJ, NRC early.

Segment 7:
Buy mermaid coins, warp to AF, TR "early". (for real)

Segment 8:
Vine early, (the new way, w/ DJ) skip SQ, warp to TP and get to Kusa.

Segment 9:
GS "early".

Segment 10:
Galestorm "early", skip CH (glitch straight to exit), warp to NRC.

Segment 11:
Dragon Palace w/o Catwalk.

Segment 12:
Early water dragon, get to evil Rao w/o FT, save on your way out of Sei'An.

Segment 13:
Oni Island w/o Catwalk and FT.

Segment 14:
Thunderstorm early. (the new way, w/o key)

Segment 15:
"Thor early".

Segment 16:
9~ early.

Segment 17:
Get to Kamui w/o Catwalk, un-mist Kamui, skip iglo fight, save at Wep'Keer.

Segment 18:
Ezofuji early.

Segment 19:
WS early, 2nd floor early.

Segment 20:
Lechku and Nechku early. (the new way, 10x KT glitch ftw)

Segment 21:
Complete AoY.